• Yes

Votes: 4 5.9%
  • No

Votes: 64 94.1%

• Total voters

mikey

Kennel Established
Reaction score
What do you guys think of the 6 again rule. I hate it. If you look at game 3 of the State of Origin the other night. It sapped the energy of the NSW - QLD defence. If your team has to defend on the try line for continuous 6 agains, I really find it hard to believe any team could keep an attacking side from scoring a try. That’s why I think there has been huge blow outs with teams getting belted this year with points against.
It’s fucked the game!!

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
I thought six again would make the game more exciting, but only if applied to infringements that would have otherwise resulted in a scrum.
Inside the ten should still be penalty. That would cut down the teams like Storm and Roosters from being constantly offside.

I am not a fan of sin binning for being offside. That should be reserved for dirty play.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Don't like it..if you want the games to be more attacking..reduce the interchange..actually scrap it all together and you will see the game open up as the big men tire..plus it rewards players who are fit.
The old rule was two bench players only; but when they went on, they stayed on. There was no interchange. If you lost three players to injury, you played one short for the rest of the game.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
The old rule was two bench players only; but when they went on, they stayed on. There was no interchange. If you lost three players to injury, you played one short for the rest of the game.
Yep remember that! I got no prob with 4 ..and 1 18th man for head knocks.. But once you are replaced..that’s it.. Gee i wonder how grand final history before interchange would’ve changed… Say the 89 grand final with Balmain versus Canberra…Roach and Sironen could have came back on.. would players like Mason, and the other big man in the game since, have been as successful.. Maybe other players would’ve been more successful than what they were…Very interesting…

Chrisaaar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
NRL forgot that people like all aspects of the game, not just players scoring tries. I fell in love with the big hits and defence...

Thanks to the 6 again rule, I rarely see that anymore so guess what?.. I don't watch league anymore.

It saddens me that players like kasiano (especially in the juniors) are now completely redundant.

A lot of the genetically big men who weren't fit enough for soccer or other team sports could be fit enough for league in some capacity.

Now you've either got iron man level fitness or you're basically toast

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
One only has to listen to talkback radio,or look at the ratings the last 2 seasons,of 6 again,to see,I can not sit through a hole game anymore,most of the games have been over by half time,it’s really becoming a game of oztag.

OldDogFan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I want the 6 agsin restart removed from the game together with the fvck knuckle that instigated it. V'landys has tried to sell it as a way of tiring larger players and letting the smaller more nimble players display their skills. I say to V'landys "what the fvck do you think the scrums are for?" They take the forwards out of the game for the following set and give the backline a chance to run freely plus gives the forwards time to suck some oxygen in. For all the bvllsh!t he goes on with, it proves that V'landys doesn't have a clue about the game or it's fans.

El Mag-Nick

Waterboy
Reaction score
The way it was last year I am a fan, ruck infringements only. It got the game back to looking like footy and not a wrestling match/ rugby union clone with penalties every 5 seconds.

This year they went too far with it and many other rule changes. 6 again for inside the 10, no scrums for kicks out, 2 point field goals etc.

If they just went back to last year’s post covid rules it would be great. Last year had me excited to watch neutral games for the first time in 6 or 7 years. The way the game is now I can hardly be bothered with the 1 game a week the dogs play

ricko_29

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would be a fan of we had forwards that would could over power the opposition in the first contact department consistently. I'd also be a fan if we had the players that had enough speed and footy smarts to take advantage of the rare occasions we did win a 6 again call.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yep remember that! I got no prob with 4 ..and 1 18th man for head knocks.. But once you are replaced..that’s it.. Gee i wonder how grand final history before interchange would’ve changed… Say the 89 grand final with Balmain versus Canberra…Roach and Sironen could have came back on.. would players like Mason, and the other big man in the game since, have been as successful.. Maybe other players would’ve been more successful than what they were…Very interesting…
What about 2014 GF? If played now, Burgess would have had to come off & not come back on. Wouldn't that have changed history?

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
NRL forgot that people like all aspects of the game, not just players scoring tries. I fell in love with the big hits and defence...

Thanks to the 6 again rule, I rarely see that anymore so guess what?.. I don't watch league anymore.

It saddens me that players like kasiano (especially in the juniors) are now completely redundant.

A lot of the genetically big men who weren't fit enough for soccer or other team sports could be fit enough for league in some capacity.

Now you've either got iron man level fitness or you're basically toast
Yep, defending for a couple of sets on your own line to show your mettle, but when you have to defend 20 tackles it's too much & something has to give. And when you do all that tackling it saps up all the energy & hence why the roll-ons happen.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I want the 6 agsin restart removed from the game together with the fvck knuckle that instigated it. V'landys has tried to sell it as a way of tiring larger players and letting the smaller more nimble players display their skills. I say to V'landys "what the fvck do you think the scrums are for?" They take the forwards out of the game for the following set and give the backline a chance to run freely plus gives the forwards time to suck some oxygen in. For all the bvllsh!t he goes on with, it proves that V'landys doesn't have a clue about the game or it's fans.
Maybe instead, insist that forwards DO pack in the scrums instead of fullbacks at lock.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
It isn't just the 6 again, it's also the rule changes to repositioning the scrum or replacing the scrum with a play the ball. All these rules have contributed to killing the contest.

Previously when you were getting hammered you could turn things around by playing for field position. You could look to find the line with a clearing kick, have a quick breather and reorganise yourself defensively and try and apply some pressure. You can't do that now. If you kick the ball into touch the opposition gets some arsey play the ball and can just continue rolling with their momentum. Refs are also far too willing restart the tackle count so more often than not you're defending a 10+ tackle set. If you some how survive the set you're receiving the ball metres from your goal line facing a compressed defence shooting of the line that couldn't give a shit about conceding a 6 again. You make a 30m gain even with multiple set restarts, kick with pressure and the opposition start their set on their own 40. Repeat.

I've said it before but they've totally killed the contest with these series of rule changes. I remember when they tried to punish teams that abused wrestling for a week or two and media carried on like a bunch of fucking ***** complaining about the penalties ruining the game and forced the NRL to backtrack and revert it. We then have this fuckwit come in a bring in multiple changes that have resulted in probably the worst NRL season have ever seen and you for hear fucking shit from the media.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
What about 2014 GF? If played now, Burgess would have had to come off & not come back on. Wouldn't that have changed history?
Absolutely..sheesh when you mention that..wow!

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Nope, I turn pretty much every game off now (that I even bother to start watching). Gives me the shites that much that I turned the Cowboy's game off after the Rorters started getting a helping hand and didn't even bother watching any other game today. Almost turned off Origin on Wednesday because of it. 15 fukin 6 again's in the first half!

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
OPens the door to corruption.

Take the Roosters game last week, we didn't get another set of 6 in the Roosters half again after we scored and they were camped on ours. Not in the spirit of the game.

Penalties fair or not actually put spotlight on the refs when they made huge blunders and it became obvious when people were trying to the rig the game. Now if you want a certain team to win as long as their squad and talent are about equal just bribe the ref to blow non stop 6 agains against the other team and they will most likely lose. It's also easier to even the stat sheet. Blow 6 against for the team that you don't want to win on the 0 tackle