Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I like concept but think it needs to be refined

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yep remember that! I got no prob with 4 ..and 1 18th man for head knocks.. But once you are replaced..that’s it.. Gee i wonder how grand final history before interchange would’ve changed… Say the 89 grand final with Balmain versus Canberra…Roach and Sironen could have came back on.. would players like Mason, and the other big man in the game since, have been as successful.. Maybe other players would’ve been more successful than what they were…Very interesting…
It let little fast men find their niche in the game. Now, everyone has to be an Olympic athlete, with the build of a weight lifter.

Grunthos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have said this many times,
The game is obsessed with speed, strength, and size and best suited to players who are big, fast, and athletic, like Sonny Bill Williams etc.
This is bad for the development of the game at the grassroots level in the long run as kids who are keen and want to progress to higher levels but don't have the required athletic build and stamina to complete satisfactorily will all fall by the wayside.
Now only Rugby Union can cater to all shapes and sizes from U6 mini through to senior grade and this has a lot of appeal for kids left behind by
Soccer and Aussie rules and now, unfortunately, league.

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
OPens the door to corruption.

Take the Roosters game last week, we didn't get another set of 6 in the Roosters half again after we scored and they were camped on ours. Not in the spirit of the game.

Penalties fair or not actually put spotlight on the refs when they made huge blunders and it became obvious when people were trying to the rig the game. Now if you want a certain team to win as long as their squad and talent are about equal just bribe the ref to blow non stop 6 agains against the other team and they will most likely lose. It's also easier to even the stat sheet. Blow 6 against for the team that you don't want to win on the 0 tackle
100% the number of times I have seen 0 or 1st tackle square ups for 6 agains. There are lots of things I'm seeing in games now that doesn't sit well.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
My main issue with the 6 again rule
Is it happens so quickly, you never really know why half the time.
And in the heat of the moment during games, you can start to think the Ref is fucking over 1 team in favour over the other.
And it makes watching the game frustrating.

I supported it at first, but I'm beginning to really dislike it and I find it's making the game frustrating and not enjoyable to watch.