• Yes

Votes: 4 5.9%
  • No

Votes: 64 94.1%

• Total voters

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I’m a fan, I want to see points scored and it gives a home to smaller players wanting to play the game whilst also catering to eyes up football.

needed to steer away from 6ft4 110kg robots across the park executing hit up after hit up focusing on completion rates, that’s where the game was..

If we weren’t dead last and on the wrong side of 6 agains (you can blame the coaching staff and I’ll discipline for this) we would likely think differently.

If anything, maybe the 6 agains need to go back to how it started I.e. hands on ball. But I have no issue with it personally. It also works in our favour next year with JAC and Dufty coming in, speed exploits it.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Not a fan. There were aspects of the game which needed speeding up, like watching video replays from 60 different angles but the 6 again rule they've gone too far in speeding the game up.

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I was to start but the more I watch the more I dislike it because the most influential person on the park has more control. If a robot was the ref and called everything even I would be a fan of it but we have the Sutton’s and they suck

rissolerob

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
As long as Vlandys and the betting agencies are happy with it and making money from the outcome of it, who are we not to like it

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
NOT A FAN, The rule is absolutely RUBBISH and it has ruined the flow of the game, the hand it out Willy nilly, and the game is now 90% decided by the reff mostly, if he wants a team back in the game if it’s a close one.. it’s very easy to do. Need to get rid of it ASAP.!!!

battered sav

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I believe there are fairer ways to speed the game up. Clearer rules around the ruck to stop the defensive line from getting to the ad line before the attacking side does. This would open up the game and remove the discretionary decisions by the ref.
Even if the refs aren't biased now there is a very strong perception that they are. That is bad for the game.
Penalties aren't as bad for the game as this six again shambles. So thumbs down from me.

Sword

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not a fan, lacks transparency

frustrating to not know why precisely they're awarded.

Refs seem to get away with very questionable subjective rulings.

Can really change the trajectory of a game or contribute to blowouts.

Last edited:

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
The issue is inconsistent interpretation and application... its a rule change that is way too subjective and hence bias slips into the refs observation. It's widened the capability gap between the top 3 or 4 and the rest. And it's all too easy to say "everyone needs to adapt" sure, but it's removed any remote opportunity for close scores, upsets etc.
That goes into any part of the game. Everything is red interpretation. That interpretation existed 5 years ago except it will be a kick to touch

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
The way it was last year worked well, this year being used for ten metres infringement gives too much discretion to refs and it's been terrible imho.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
It should have had a positive impact on the game, and it is fun to watch some of the classy small guys run riot..

Unfortunately the NRL did a really poor job of implementation and policing.. the referees now have a bigger bearing on the game with less accountability..

Snowmann

Party Rocker
Reaction score
I fucking hate it with a bullet..the fucking rule should ONLY be used in the attacking half, otherwise it should be a penalty if warranted. It’s a fucking joke that we only ever get these at at our end coming out of trouble and 70 minutes into the game.
WORST FUCKING RULE…EVER!

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Nope. Not a fan at all.
Firstly it’s very inconsistent
And secondly how does it benefit the attacking side if they are 10 meters out from their own line on the first tackle. Wouldn’t they prefer a penalty so they can kick for touch to make meters and get a fresh set of six to boot. Such a dumb rule the repeat set.

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Im a fan. Definitely needs more time before a full judgement can be made. Anything to get away from wrestling tactics, and see more expansive play. I remember watching games and all you’d hear people saying was get off him, tackle after tackle.

Sword

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
6 again is like death by a thousand cuts. Refs can influence outcomes without putting their balls on the line.

Birddog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
My #1 problem is when I am at the game I have no idea what the set restart was for.

My #2 problem is when I am watching the game on TV they zoom in on the play the ball and you can't tell if the defence is infringing or not.

My #3 problem is when in the opposition 20 the defending team stands metres offside knowing that a set restart is far less of a penalty than the previous free kick, that then got their opposition out of their 20.

My #4 problem is a continuance of #3, in the situation of repeated set restarts it is only in the attacking 20 that players get threatened with the sin bin. At the other end of the field teams get away with multiple set restarts used to pin the opposition down in their 20. Sin binning should be equal no matter where on the field the repeated infringements occur.

My #5 problem, for the same offence, a set restart on the 4/5th tackle is a much greater penalty than a set restart on the 1st or 2nd tackle. Same offence but a different penalty.

Always a Bulldog
This 100% well put.

Plus the inconsistency that it is applied

OldDogFan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The 6 again rule is pure horse sh!t. They have sped the game up way too fast and as a result, if they don't review it soon we are going to see more than just injuries. There are better ways to make the game more entertaining and this starts with making sure the refs do their job fairly and accurately. Start penalising for ruck infringements (wrestling, laying on the tackled player etc) and then giving players a rest if they wont comply. Bring back the 5 minute sin bin for these minor infringements.

RookieDog

Dogs1
Reaction score
What do you guys think of the 6 again rule. I hate it. If you look at game 3 of the State of Origin the other night. It sapped the energy of the NSW - QLD defence. If your team has to defend on the try line for continuous 6 agains, I really find it hard to believe any team could keep an attacking side from scoring a try. That’s why I think there has been huge blow outs with teams getting belted this year with points against.
What the 6 again rule has done is further highlight the difference between the "haves" and "have nots." Those teams with quality in the so called spine positions are putting cricket scores on other teams lacking that quality. What the rule has achieved is to make the game more predictable (insofar as the winners an losers) and so less interesting. It is killing the game - what was left of it to kill.

It is also providing the referees with another means to manipulate games.

So, no I am not a fan.