News “A result of performance”: Ciraldo confirms Bulldogs will consider changes, debutants after Warriors loss

craigo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Be making more than just a few changes. The season is done. They have won 4 games and will be lucky to win another 4. Perham, Reynolds, okunbor, mariner, Waddell, pele Pangai all out

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
My confidence of making the top 8 is being sorely tested with another disappointing loss but I've been following this game long enough to know there comes a time when you have to give credit to the opposition, in this case Warriors in the way they played.

Don't envy our forwards having to stop such a massive pack that the Warriors have, and they just kept rolling up through the middle and wore our forwards down.

We desperately need to blood more forwards over the next week or two. Luke Thompson is still over a month away from returning and TPJ is improving but needs to stop trying to pass the ball on every play, thought he went OK against the Warriors, tried hard but he needs a lot more support and Preston is another who can hold his head up in a losing side.

Surely we can beat the Titans at home, then we get the bye and hopefully they do what proved successful in the past and take the boys away during the bye, to Darwin or somewhere for a bonding session and just chill and freshen up, as the way they currently look, they look spent.

Geoff Chambers

Kennel Established
Reaction score
TPJ and RFM are the two I’d drop. The Reynolds sideshow is finished.
I'm so glad to hear someone else can admit the JR sideshow is exactly that. To read so many comments pre season that he was going to be the missing piece and mix it with the best was so hard read. He was never much chop and now he's just got nothing at all. He should stand aside and accept he's not a professional athlete and hasn't been for at least 5 years

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
If Ciro was so unhappy with their performances then to show he means business then he has to drop every single player he thinks did not do the jersey proud. Simple as that.

There'd be a few.

Geoff Chambers

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Why would pangirl be anywhere near 1st grade. why isn't Reynolds in the 17. Sutton is a plod also.
Because Reynolds isn't up to NRL. playing him and wasting time and money on him is going backwards which isn't what we're looking for. Always forwards no matter what the cost.

WillieMasonFan

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I'm so glad to hear someone else can admit the JR sideshow is exactly that. To read so many comments pre season that he was going to be the missing piece and mix it with the best was so hard read. He was never much chop and now he's just got nothing at all. He should stand aside and accept he's not a professional athlete and hasn't been for at least 5 years
Replace Perham with Wilson
Skelton on JAC's wing (give JAC off until after the bye)
Drop JR, KO to start at 6/7
Hughes or Brown take KO's bench spot

And you have a winning team against the Tits at home at Accor.

HD and Ink

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Hats off man at least he's got the cajones to spray them and isn't afraid to call the shots.
Unlike one Trent Robinson who atm is clueless and spineless.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
01. Jake Averillo
02. Jeral Skelton/Blake Wilson
03. Jacob Kiraz
04. Paul Alamoti
05. Josh Addo-Carr
06. Matt Burton
07. Khaled Rajab
08. Max King
09. Reed Mahoney
10. Harrison Edwards
11. Jackson Topine
12. Jacob Preston
13. Corey Waddell

14. Karl Oloapu
15. Jayden Okunbor
16. Tevita Pangai Junior
17. Franklin Pele

Waddell is better in the middle. Okunbor was one of our best this round so gets another chance. TPJ & Pele are given one last chance to improve or they get dropped. Rajab & Topine would bring enthusiasm & try their guts out.

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Hats off man at least he's got the cajones to spray them and isn't afraid to call the shots.
Unlike one Trent Robinson who atm is clueless and spineless.
Old trenty has never actually had to coach, the most overrated coaching staff in the league

Burt Matton

Kennel Established
Reaction score
He didn’t look Happy. Hope he can drag some wounded boys back from the brink of retardation.

1684043896944.jpeg

Daustin

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
watching newcastle today made we wonder - when was the last time we managed to score 40 points? that type of score is pretty big but it seems like most teams crack it almost once every year or two when they just have a good day and the opposition is off. Our last one? Pretty depressing - round 16, 2016 against the broncos

Stinger

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
There are very few cup players who are close to being ready - especially the forwards. IMO, dropping TPJ and RFM will not make us better. Forward depth ain’t there. Bringing a player like Morrin in makes us even smaller and we will be worse. We need a mid season prop signing or two.
100%. I don’t know why so many on TK talk up Morrin and Topine. They are both way too small to be NRL forwards.

craigo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The only change he’ll make is addo carr in and Willson out

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Does anyone else think having a starting 6 that plays small minutes, can barely run and a weak defender is a good move? I don't see any other club picking they're team like this.
I think they saw Reynolds only as a stop gap knowing that Flanagan wouldn’t be retained and until they could blood or buy someone else. That and a bit of PR value. Unfortunately for us, both experiments flopped.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
So disheartening now top 8 will be worlds away we are looking at being 4 wins out of the 8 due to a horrible for and against.
If titans and Cronulla get up 14 points .
Doliphins have bye 14
Seems so out of reach
Yeah, we will be lucky to get to 10 wins this season.
Unless there is some massive turn around in form.

Blueandwhiteblood1968

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
How will this improve the team, putting in players who haven't gelled and if it's their FG first appearance they'll probably get walked over, how about the coach fucking coach and tell the players who aren't putting in you won't be picked for FG again if your not giving 100%, CC is supposed to be the coach to fix our team then fucking do your job and get this team winning instead of using excuses after every loss.

BondiBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was embarrassed since day dot. What a fucken joke.