News “A result of performance”: Ciraldo confirms Bulldogs will consider changes, debutants after Warriors loss

Geoff Chambers

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Replace Perham with Wilson
Skelton on JAC's wing (give JAC off until after the bye)
Drop JR, KO to start at 6/7
Hughes or Brown take KO's bench spot

And you have a winning team against the Tits at home at Accor.
If Renyolds is another wasted jersey next week Titans will win. Titans have speed to burn

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
100%. I don’t know why so many on TK talk up Morrin and Topine. They are both way too small to be NRL forwards.
They can only play a Cam McInnes style role but you have to be a gun defensively and have a lot of ticker to be in the middle running at the big boys.

lovemachine

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The fact he mentioned black Wilson as someone who stood up, in conjunction with ‘changes will be made based on performance’ tells me that there’s a serious chance Wilson is named at fullback in place of Perham.
You heard it here first.

hopefully that maggot Alamoti goes down with the ship too. I hate him.

H-dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Almost want to see Hughes, patalo and Pele stay in nsw cup getting big minutes for a few weeks,
Really need 2nd row to put Waddell to the bench to play through the middle

Stinger

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm so glad to hear someone else can admit the JR sideshow is exactly that. To read so many comments pre season that he was going to be the missing piece and mix it with the best was so hard read. He was never much chop and now he's just got nothing at all. He should stand aside and accept he's not a professional athlete and hasn't been for at least 5 years
Gee that’s harsh Geoff. JR is a winning origin half. He may be past his best but still can put on some nice plays.

lukedog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I think the "dogs of war" needs to go. It's a different era. Cc needs to take Burton say look **** you are the halfback wake the fuck up and then he needs to take the entire forward pack and beat the shit outta them and drop perham to the hamper. put KIRAZ as FB and make Preston captain. Tough calls. Proper calls. There is so much plodding and it hurts my heart.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
There are very few cup players who are close to being ready - especially the forwards. IMO, dropping TPJ and RFM will not make us better. Forward depth ain’t there. Bringing a player like Morrin in makes us even smaller and we will be worse. We need a mid season prop signing or two.
Spot on.I don't mind Edwards and hope he gets some decent game time throughout the year, prob needs to add 5+ kegs to the frame but is promising.
Some of the other suggestions are coco loco :tearsofjoy:

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Be making more than just a few changes. The season is done. They have won 4 games and will be lucky to win another 4. Perham, Reynolds, okunbor, mariner, Waddell, pele Pangai all out
OK cool "only" 7 changes...who on earth are you replacing them all with..your dropping basically all 4 of our fit blokes who can play middle and leaving Kingy in who is arguably the one who needs a rest due to not being fit lol
*btw i'm not saying their kicking arse as such but I'd love to know who are the replacements you have in mind.
Also Okunbor has been serviceable virtually all year with our injuries, no way he gets dropped either imo.

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Spot on.I don't mind Edwards and hope he gets some decent game time throughout the year, prob needs to add 5+ kegs to the frame but is promising.
Some of the other suggestions are coco loco :tearsofjoy:
Edwards played really good against the warriors bro.

Robbothedestroyer

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Edwards can take Suttons role off the bench or slot in at lock. Sutton has been underwhelming another overpaid underperforming recruit. Reportedly paid $500k/yr for at best solid bench forward.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Edwards and Waddell are the only forwards guaranteed a start. However, major changes wont happen because of the "top 30" rule.
Some of the younger players that some have suggested and simply not NRL ready or NRL standard.
The only possible inclusions is Flanagan and Hughes. Wilson can play and will start if JAC is not fit.

dekepefc

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Edwards and Waddell are the only forwards guaranteed a start. However, major changes wont happen because of the "top 30" rule.
Some of the younger players that some have suggested and simply not NRL ready or NRL standard.
The only possible inclusions is Flanagan and Hughes. Wilson can play and will start if JAC is not fit.
Top 30 rule finished now that we are past round 10

Lost Dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
There are many frustrated fans in here including myself as we love the dogs dearly and desperate for success after so many disappointing years.However in my opinion we are waiting for individual brilliance for success. The game plan we have in place I believe is the major issue, unless we change the way we play the game winning will be difficult. First its our defence and most teams are performing two upper contacts initially leaving their legs free to cart forward, the difference being they have bigger forwards. our middles are letting the opposition run ten to 15 meters with ease and we are back peddling all the time. Defence as I remember it, the first player should chop the legs, at the same time our next defender hits the top needing only two not four. Big oposition forwards will hurt going down at speed.At present they are having a field day. The second issue being our offence which I have raised on a few occasions seems lacking any purpose and direction. We are passing the ball in hope of an opportunity, where most of the time running into traffic. Finally when things don't seem to happen with the ball we have Matt Burton to put up a lottery ball which we generally do not contest, hoping for their fullback to spill the pill.On the weekend Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad as I recall did not drop it once.

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You know we're going bad when they pick a hapless ex winger in the 17 who is NOT first grade standard. Losing Kikau and Thompson early in the year really hurt us. While Morrin isn't the answer he's a far better bench option than Knockonbor, as he adds far more pace through the middle and isn't afraid to do the hard yards as opposed to Knockonbor who is slow and makes to many errors.