Search results

1. MANNIX

2011 Bulldogs Squad (Merged)

Roger wilco What is the side u would name?
  2. MANNIX

IMO Keating is nothing that Blake Green wasn't - why are u all frothing over him being purchased? He was a bench player at best with the Eels. IMO Reynolds (one of the NSW Cup best) & Hodkinson (who can play 5/8 or half) would compliment each other well. IMO Idris would be great on the...
  3. MANNIX

Fullback: Steve Turner Right Wing: Jamal Idris Right Centre: Daniel Rauicava Left Centre: Josh Morris Left Wing: Bryson Goodwin Five-Eighth: Trent Hodkinson Halfback: Josh Reynolds Prop: Aiden Tolman Hooker: Michael Ennis Prop: Ryan Tandy Second Row: Greg Eastwood...
  4. MANNIX

Why the Bulldogs will win in 2010

I posted this on the 26/09/09: 1) Patten 2) Turner 3) Roberts 4) Morris 5) Goodwin 6) Green 7) Kimmorley 8) Hannant 9) Ennis 10) Hodgson 11) Warburton 12) Ryan (C) 13) Stagg 14) Armit 15) Hickey 16) Paea 17) Halatau I left Idris out as he needs time to develop. Green was...
  5. MANNIX

Your 2010 Team

1) Patten 2) Turner 3) Roberts 4) Morris 5) Goodwin 6) Green 7) Kimmorley 8) Hannant 9) Ennis 10) Hodgson 11) Warburton 12) Ryan (C) 13) Stagg 14) Armit 15) Hickey 16) Paea 17) Halatau I left Idris out as he needs time to develop. Green was probably recommended by...
  6. MANNIX

USNRL coming soon in 2010

U are a loser. Are u Ben Godberts? Are u Haztrick?
  7. MANNIX

USNRL coming soon in 2010

Awesome! The best game in the world finally becomes world wide.
  8. MANNIX

Rep Sides

Hoffman is a NSWelshman.
  9. MANNIX

Rabbits,Eels,Raiders,Tigers-next 4 weeks

Raiders are one of our bogey sides. Bunnies are playing reasonably well. Tigers have the potential but are far to inconsistent. Eels can **** off - they are nothing until they get a decent halves combo happening.
  10. MANNIX

Bulldogs coach Kevin Moore says Bryson Goodwin robbed of two tries

I prefer them not to use the video ref - we did it for 100 years before with no problem. The video refs still get it wrong anyways. We are cheats anyway (14 man debacle), so we cant complain when other people get it wrong.
  11. MANNIX

one thing about eastwood...

Huh? Greenburg make the players sitting in the stalls wear suit & tie, but Eastwood can wear his socks down? He also gets builders crack. It is a disgrace. Ha ha ha ha - jokes.
  12. MANNIX

Ouiji Boards

I used one ages ago & is was way too creepy. Supposedly u are supposed to close the portal after it has been opened & I don't think we did effectively. A mate at the time started to have some issues that seem to be a little bit unexplained. Her 'childhood imaginary friend' was supposedly...
  13. MANNIX

Family Guy or The Simpsons.

Ren & Stimpy u eeediots!
  14. MANNIX

Majority have already missed the boat

Majority have already missed the boat Roy Masters | March 7, 2009 AN NRL club is like a giant ocean liner. A passenger falls overboard and it takes half a day to turn the ship around. Similarly, a club loses direction and it's years before it's back on course. SS Sea Eagles and SS Storm...
  15. MANNIX

BULLDOGS 2009/2010 Player Contracts, Signings & Rumour Mill

He has a head like a loaf of bread.
  16. MANNIX

Song Lyrics we get wrong

I'm Al Sch-muk All Shook Up - Elvis Was a little kid when I thought this.
  17. MANNIX

Opinion Full Metal Racket // Short Fast Loud

Cant stand them. Called them Whinger. Hair farmers.
  18. MANNIX

Music & Tattoos

Hey. Wondering if anyone has some kickarse tatts inspired by the music they listen to? I had all four symbols that represent the guys from Led Zep - one each on my shoulders, one on my left wrist & one between my shoulder blades. I also have the 'Swan Song' symbol on my right wrist. I...
  19. MANNIX

Your opinion is what everyone else's is. No one has seen Conrad play - why is it an automatic resign? Sorry if I have come across a bit deranged, but opinions are like arseholes.
  20. MANNIX

Have u even seen Conrad play? Gordon has everything to prove. Goodwin is a fringe player atm, nothing more. What has Leano done in his time? A few things that make me think u are a bandwagoner (and about 16 years old?) and have no concept of how it all works. And you want...
  21. MANNIX

Ben Barba / Kimmorley

What was Terry Lamb's stats - he was not a giant but was one of the toughest. Maybe it is true - size doesn't matter.
  22. MANNIX

Groom Gone

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_league/7833924.stm That is a shame - showed some real potential. Obviously wasn't in KM plans.
  23. MANNIX

Reni Maitua signs with Sharks

Tupou, Gallen, Maitua, Bird, Anderson, etc - too many back rowers much?
  24. MANNIX

Triple J - Hottest 100 Countdown.

A few interesting choices there mate. I am a mad Mars Volta nut, so that's a given. Not a big fan of The Ting Tings - but the singer is hot. Flight are the funniest fcukers I have seen for ages. I have there TV series and I am still laughing. Cant think of that MIA song, but I'm sure...
  25. MANNIX

Most Hated Players 1-4

INPO 1) Chris Walker 2) Brett Finch 3) Ben Ross 4) Willie Mason
  26. MANNIX

Should the Bulldogs put Ben barba into first grade???

Barba for 17. He can play numerous positions, but he should be played as an individual. He should be brought on in the last 15mins of each half with a roaming commission. He could be as effective as Lamb was if he follows the ball around the field. In defence he could work as a sweeper like...
  27. MANNIX

Triple J - Hottest 100 Countdown.

Kings or Presets will win it me thinks.
  28. MANNIX

Davos Favourite Album

Definately not their best. Cant go past Master Of Puppets Or Justice For All.
  29. MANNIX

The Terry Lamb Thread

I think he is the reason field goals are worth 1 point.
  30. MANNIX

Best Back Row Ever

Front row was relatively easy in comparrison to this: What is your fav back row combo ever? Mine would be - 11 - Paul Dunn 12 - Paul Langmack 13 - Jason Smith Dunn was great with us (I think Hodgson can replicate the same role next year). Langmack was the typical 80's Dog, tough...
  31. MANNIX

Maitua: Pay me out or else

Meanwhile, North Queensland chief executive Peter Parr said last night the Cowboys would not be pursuing sacked Bulldogs utility Reni Maitua. "There is no way we could make a competitive offer, with the salary cap strain we are under," Parr said...
  32. MANNIX

Best Front Row Ever

What are your picks for best front row ever? Mine would have to be 8- Peter Tunks 9- Jason Hetherington 10- Peter Kelly Tunks & Kelly were two of the best props in the eighties. Kelly was very underated by rep selectors. Both were rough & intimidating, but still very skillful...
  33. MANNIX

Maitua appeal unlikely as club offers loom

My money is on Cowboys. Thurston & Tonga will be quite appealing. Plus the fact that they have tried to score Reni before. Should be interesting - they will be a real force next year (even still if they don't get him).
  34. MANNIX

Your 2009 Team (merged)

Now looks like: 1 - Patten 2 - El Masri 3 - Idris 4 - Morris 5 - Utai 6 - Groom 7 - Kimmorley 8 - Hannant 9 - Ennis 10 - Hodgson 11 - Kouparitsas 12 - Ryan 13 - Stagg 14 - Kite 15 - Hickey 16 - Harrison 17 - Barba
  35. MANNIX

Maitua appeal unlikely as club offers loom

Maitua appeal unlikely as club offers loom Glenn Jackson | December 8, 2008 RENI MAITUA is considering scrapping plans for an appeal of his sacking by the Bulldogs last week, with three NRL clubs expressing "genuine interest" in the back-rower. Maitua's manager Sam Ayoub will hold talks...
  36. MANNIX

Opinion Full Metal Racket // Short Fast Loud

Going to The Bronx gig @ The Arena on the 14th. Can't wait. If u haven't heard them before, check em out - do yourself a favour.
  37. MANNIX

How Long & Fat Are You?

5'11 & 93kgs = unit All muscle........
  38. MANNIX

Crisp eyes up 2009

Who knows what Pattens injury will do. Crisp hasn't factored into anyones "teams" for next year. He might be a dark horse waiting in the wings......
  39. MANNIX

Kimmorleys Partner For Next Year.

Interesting thread. Speaking as a reformed winger - I would love to have played with a Kimmorley / Sullivan combo. I thing Sullivan would be good around the rucks and deliver a different dynamic to our playing style -he can be quite creative at times. Having Ennis, Kimmorley & Sullivan as our...
  40. MANNIX

Michael Hodgson

Super-cala-fricken-awesome. He will be the tonic for what ails us.
  41. MANNIX

Wish The Dogs Had Wingers Like Kemp And Boyd

Astroboy = Bulldog George?
  42. MANNIX

updated rumors

Roger that Ben. I see that by the end of 2009/2010 we will still be in the position to make a play for off contract athletes. We have a wealth of talent coming off contract over the next two years (Idris included) that will make plenty of room in the cap. With injuries and rep duites an...
  43. MANNIX

updated rumors

Idris & King would be in the same side - why is this a problem? It would be an embarassment of riches. People reckon Idris could end up in the forwards anyway. Sign King, let him run off Kimmorley with Idris outside him. Try time.
  44. MANNIX

updated rumors

Sweet. So who can say what the future will hold with anyone. You have to make short term plans nowdays. King & Idris both in the same team seems like a great idea to me..........
  45. MANNIX

Bulldogs 2008/2009: Player Contracts, Signings & Rumours.

James Stosic from the Titans has been released. He would be a handy prop to have in the squad, and has had his best year this year. Cheap too I'm guessing.
  46. MANNIX

updated rumors

That's all good, but the club have only shot themselves in the foot by not signing Idris to a longer term deal. So as far as developing Idris as a future mainstay of the club, he may only be around for the duration of his contract. King is a rep & premiership player, so as well as being a...
  47. MANNIX

No more Pacific Islanders. Why not Ryan Shortland from the Warriors?
  48. MANNIX

updated rumors

I agree with the $ amount, the club would be silly to spend overs on him. If he came at the right price, he would be sensational.
  49. MANNIX

groom

That's sweet. I don,t believe Roberts home is in the halves. He is an individualist. Given a roming comission, he could use his skills all over the park & would probably be quite a handful. Maitua is a bit of a utility, having played lock, 5/8 and centre. I think him & LTM would make a...
  50. MANNIX

Michael Hodgson

Great signing. See below.......
  51. MANNIX

Look Mr Mulholland, it's Aaron Sweeney!!!

I agree with MPS, we must be on the same page. Sweeney, Sweeney, Sweeney,...........
  52. MANNIX

groom

My team is unlikely, but this little black duck would love to see it take the field. Patten - enough said Morris & Idris - unstoppable on the wings defensively & attack Te Maari & Maitua - would make a strong centre pairing with great finishers outside them Barba/Groom - either or ither...
  53. MANNIX

Sam Perret - when is he off contract? He has been good all year.
  54. MANNIX

groom

Look below....
  55. MANNIX

Rookie Of The Year

Warburton. He played the most games out of our rookies, didn't he?
  56. MANNIX

How much did we miss Luke Patten?

Our captain for next year I think.
  57. MANNIX

spoon up to the boys

As The Tick would say - Spoon!!!!!!!!..... Maybe we need it so that we can reflect on this season for the right reasons. Haha - The Tick. Does anyone know what I am talking about?
  58. MANNIX

Folkes Lore

Wonder what dyslexic Mason did that is so hush hush........... Speculation on this topic greatly appreciated...........
  59. MANNIX

Your 2009 Team (merged)

Prop/second row - like Ryan should be
  60. MANNIX

Your 2009 Team (merged)

For ****s & giggles, But seriously, 1- Luke Patten 2- Jamal Idris 3- Lee Te Maari 4- Reni Maitua 5- Josh Morris 6- Ben Barba 7- Brett Kimmorley (c) 8- Ben Hannant 9- Michael Ennis 10- Jarrad Hickey 11- Michael Hodgson 12- Daniel Harrison 13- Ben Roberts 14- John...
  61. MANNIX

Belmore Sports Ground Memories

The beginning of the end.............
  62. MANNIX

Why we haven't raided the Knights is beyond me. There is heaps of good talent coming off contract there. We have taken all we can from St George, time to move on to another club..........
  63. MANNIX

Your 2009 Team (merged)

Interesting bench there mate.................
  64. MANNIX

NRL Conspiracies

& Mitchell Sargent
  65. MANNIX

Yeah. Roughnut. Just what we need to snap our softness. He has a cup of cement every morning. This game was not his best, but still shows the goods. Got your attention yet Mulholland?
  66. MANNIX

Top Five Fullbacks

Luke Patten Michael Potter Greg Brentnall Rod Silva Jason Alchin
  67. MANNIX

Roberts and Te Maari Stood Down

NZ must have been desperate when they selected this young man. Why was Tomato let go, when Roberts is probably just as much of a toss. Still, he used my pick up line - except I refer to my pennis when I say "I am going to unleash this on you"
  68. MANNIX

5 Best Bulldog Halfbacks

Tomato Trindall Williams Roberts Moore
  69. MANNIX

So was Darren Smith. Sweeney is the ****.
  70. MANNIX

Backrow Next Year.

Ryan Koups Maitua LTM Harrison Winterstein Warburton Williams Gordon - if signed Ma'afu Cleal - if staying Vicelich There are a few names there - they just need to pull their fingers out. Now is the time to impress as there is no marque 2nd rowers in front of them. They can...
  71. MANNIX

Membership Forum

I like the concept. Will they video link me on the Gold Coast? What are they looking at achieving from this forum? What level of questions do they want us to ask? Who will attend from management? Will this be an annual event? Is it for season ticket holders or Football Club Members...
  72. MANNIX

Yileen Gordon signs with the dogs

He did, but not very often. I would rather keep the coin than spend it on old mate.
  73. MANNIX

Sweet. Everyone should check it out. Then jump on this band wagon asap. We should really try to snare him.
  74. MANNIX

Your most prized Bulldog Possession

Complete 1989 Scanlen card collection - because it was based on the year prior when we won the comp. That was the year I became a one eyed supporter.
  75. MANNIX

andrew emilo

Why hasn't he played FG this year? I remember a few years ago he was fairly decent. Last I saw him, he looked like a Black Jesus.
  76. MANNIX

Sweeney combined with Ennis would really have a go at putting the opposition off their game. Whats Peter Mulholland's email address?................
  77. MANNIX

Doubts About Bobcat Again

Patten or Kimmorley for captain. Let Ryan play the game he knows best. He should be thinking about moving up to the front row soon anyway.
  78. MANNIX

My favourite Peter Kelly was the same - but u would never change the way he plays.
  79. MANNIX

tigers to flush squad for 09 season

Beau Ryan - handy aquisition
  80. MANNIX

Jamal Idris Re-Signs

And Nasser will probably become his manager..........
  81. MANNIX

Bring it on - Sweeney loves to bite back. Bring on the mongrel.
  82. MANNIX

Bulldogs must get this guy. Love the way he plays. With a bit of Ennis & Sweeney action, it would bring back the biff.
  83. MANNIX

I've seen this guy. He plays tough and has that old school prop forward thing going on. Reminds me of Kelly, Tunks, Jarvis, etc. Would love to see him here next year. 8) Hannant 9) Ennis 10) Hodgson 14) Sweeney
  84. MANNIX

Corey Hughes Tribute Thread

Has the club done anything to honour him - or are there plans to do so? Would be a good way to mend bridges with the Hughes clan.
  85. MANNIX

Chris Ward - when did he sign / how does he go?

Don't know him. Love the fact we are buying utility players. They are sometimes the most valuble to a team. Should be interesting.
  86. MANNIX

Steve Folkes

Folkes is the ****. The club has totally lost its way in a few aspects that used to make our club one of the mightiest. We used to look after our own like family. Another era at the Dogs is coming to an end. All the best Folkes. We as Dogs fans will miss u. You are trully one of the...
  87. MANNIX

Corey Hughes Tribute Thread

Probably already done but....... I saw the footage of Buderus's tribute dinner. Has Corey got something like that happening for him? Meanwhile, list your Corey Kodak moments here......... Or Mods merge, either one
  88. MANNIX

Whos the team you want to verse first

I want to play the team that are favourites so the Dogs are on good money when I throw $50 down & we win.
  89. MANNIX

Bulldogs are paying $8.00...

Put a lazy $20 on this one.
  90. MANNIX

1995 GF vs Manly, Terry lambs performance

Bring back the 5 metre rule - footy was better & tougher then.
  91. MANNIX

bring back Adam Peek

Sign Glenn Hall. He used to play for us. Must make him a possibility - (supposed to be in blue = sarcasm). Sign Folkes for second row, he would be one of our better forwards at the moment (again, highlight in blue).
  92. MANNIX

Get out & support Folksie!

You would like to think i would be the biggest crowd of the season wouldn't you. I will be there in spirit - but you'll hear me cheering from where I am.
  93. MANNIX

Brent Crisp Re-signs For One Year

Maybe they are suss on Pattens injury lasting the season out & want a back up - after all he has only signed for one year........... Still, is a goal kicker, can play centre, wing & fullback. Is good enough for the reserves. Might show some form after having a taste of the big time. Still...
  94. MANNIX

tigers to flush squad for 09 season

Halatau - for utility Collis - very good centre PAYTEN - GREAT PROP, WOULD BE VERY HANDY
  95. MANNIX

Your 2009 Team (merged)

MANNIX, Our forward pack is light already, especially the 2nd row and lock positions, therefore we cannot afford to move Reni into the centres. On form Te Maari would be in front of Koups and we haven't seen enough of Winterstein in fg yet. ^^ Quote from Pa-28 I reckon my side is quite...
  96. MANNIX

Your 2009 Team (merged)

Work in progress......... Fullback - Luke Patten Left Wing - Josh Morris Left Centre - Reni Maitua Right Centre - Ben Roberts Right Wing - Jamal Idris Five-Eighth - Aaron Groom Halfback - Brett Kimmoley Prop Forward - Ben Hannant Hooker - Michael Ennis Prop Forward - Michael Hodgson...