Search results

1. magdog

Pay day coming article -The Roar

https://www.theroar.com.au/2019/01/30/canterbury-fans-see-their-pay-day-coming/ Think this summarises the optimists views of our 2019 season. Thoughts?
  2. magdog

Power rankings

The milkman has us at 9 in the power rankings after last week. Not that it means or counts for jack shit.... 9. Canterbury Bulldogs (10) An outstanding performance and the highest they've been in the Power Rankings. They have found some diamonds in the rough and need a full pre-season together...
  3. magdog

Think we all agreed Moses is shredding it at Fullback. I think he’s viable there long term for us. But.....What spine helps our team more TODAY and now: Hoppa Moses Foran Lichaa Or Moses JMK Foran Lichaa As much as we’ve sorted our fullback issue, we’ve severely weakened our halves with...
  4. magdog

2013, 2014 or 2015?

Here we are, Another semi final series ( yay!) and another bottom 4 finish. Looking back to see which version of history will repeat itself for us this Sunday? The 2013 version where we stunk it up against Newcastle, to go out. The 2014 version where we came out firing and blew the storm off...
  5. magdog

Recent form stats- for & against

had a look at our f/a record since the last bye. I know Desi likes to break the season up and seems logical that the last bye in rd 19 would sgnal the "charge" home to the finals. Our for and against over that period is 87-120 This means over 6 games we are averaging 14.5. This is simply not...
  6. magdog

Relax everyone because...

We're still a mathematical chance of getting into the top 4! Baaahhhaaaaahaaaahaaaaahaaaaahaaaaa!! Thanks Des you fucking talent vampire!
  7. magdog

Negative psychology- what Baa was on about

If taking the 2 points when given a penalty close to the opposition tryline sends the opposition team the message "hey we don't think we'll crack your line", and this supposedly boosts them psychologically..... ....What sort of message does Des send the opposition teams and coaches, when our...
  8. magdog

Finding ways to win

Ok, wasn't pretty, wasn't the performance we expected or hoped for but we won. After a decent sleep, have thought about our last 3 opponents, and come to the realisation that each were in effect putting in a last ditch, all in performances for their seasons. For instance, the Knights- old...
  9. magdog

Graham found his Mo jo

in all the excitement of Friday night in a top shelf performance by the side, think it kinda got lost that the big pommie bastard had his best game since coming back.....well and truly found his Mojo, yeah baby!!!
  10. magdog

Bennett owns Des!

Bennett coached teams seem to have us all figured out. Shits me to tears, that we keep trying to do plY the same way against his teams year after year, with the same result. When does it change FFS?
  11. magdog

Winning without Graham !

What's been impressive over the past month or so, is the fact we've won 4 out of our last 5 , without the big Pommy bastard! Youngsters have stepped up, leaders have emerged in his absence. With our MVP back in the side, I'm expecting our play to go to another level. If we can stay healthy...
  12. magdog

Kicking game

We need to import or develop a kicking game pronto. With an effective kicking game today, we Control the contest and win the game. It is a glaring deficiency in our make up and has been for too long.
  13. magdog

10 Points scored in 2 GF's

The refs didnt't help, the pre game was a disgrace, but in all reality I've been thinking, we could have played for another 80mins and struggled to come up with another try. To me the most disappointing thing is that we went to the title fight and hardly landed a blow. We've been in the "arm...
  14. magdog

Hodko- Dickie knee & goal kicking

Wondering if Hodko's injury will hinder his goal kicking at all? Also is Tim L our official back up GK....how does he go? In what will surely be a close match hope this doesn't prove the difference.
  15. magdog

September Dogs- are we back?

As a Dogs fan growing up in the 80's I used to just LOOOOOVE September, because I knew the Bulldogs would step up a gear and be the most feared team to play against during finals series. Over the years we have lost that aura, and prior to Desi's arrival we had totally lost it IMO. Since Des...
  16. magdog

If Karma's a bitch.....

SBW is now 3-1 vs us all time right? So if Karma really does even things out, how does she get back at SBW for walking out on us in 2008? Or worse, is Karma getting back at us for what we did to SBW?
  17. magdog

Tim Brown - under utilised tonight?

He's developing nicely, but noticed that Desi put Klemmer on in the first half when he normally puts Brown on. When Tim came on thought his go forward was fantastic, and showed he's developing an offload. He's the dark horse of our pack, but I'm really warming to him!
  18. magdog

Bulldogs need RItalin to cure their ADHD

Think we need to spike the team's Gatorade with Ritalin ( the stuff they give kids to treat attention deficit disorder). We Haven't put together of 80 minutes of football in a match for......WELL over 12 months, if not longer. We Fade in and out of games, give away stupid penalties, look...
  19. magdog

Phuck off Gallen!

Gallen questioning Bulldogs salary cap position with signing Fifita on foxsports. Claiming there are other reasons Fifita left....duhhh,you genius!
  20. magdog

Hodko v Holdsworth next week!

Hold onto you hats gang! Next week we'll get to see Hodko go round against one of our old favourites! DJ Holdsworth, in a back to the future, clash of mediocrity!
  21. magdog

Off the mark!

Wasn't pretty but for FFS we got the win, think we should all be grateful for that.....AND, we can only get better! Game should have been OVER by half time, we did our best to let them back into it, but showed some defensive grit to put the SCUM back I their place in the 2nd half. Pass me...
  22. magdog

The report you won't hear!

What was apparent, and sadly not represented in ANY of the media was that despite an unprecedented 68% first half possession stat and close to 200 tackles in the first half WE CREATED MORE CHANCES THAN THEY DID. We were 1. A Sisa ****** bat down away from at least one try. 2. A shocking...
  23. magdog

Kicking game

The biggest diff bw the teams yesterday IMO was the kicking games of the 2 teams. Had we been able to match them in this area, we win the game. Cronk is able to put up dangerous bombs from 40m out....we dink kick into the corners which puts zero pressure and let's them start their set on the 30...
  24. magdog

Tallis and Daley-pot calling the kettle BLACK!

Fancy being called cheats by L.Daley whose Raiders GF winning team in the 90's were subsequently found to be over the salary cap, and G.Tallis who played in arguably the most rigged, salary cap rorted side in history, the Broncos of the early 90's. Haters gonna hate! Go the DOGS!
  25. magdog

Gordon Tallis - CB markers not square ! WTF? Here we go again

The latest in a long line of media personalities, giving refs the heads up about things to penalise in our play. Reckons we defend well close to the line because our markers are not square. Just went to the "video tape" and observed the Rabbitohs doing EXACTLY THE SAME FKING THING GORDIE eg...
  26. magdog

Forwards win matches....backs decide by how much!

Haven't heard one "expert" yet highlight the obvious advantage we have over the Storm....our pack. Cannot wait for our forwards to get stuck into them for 80 mins! Go boys!
  27. magdog

Best moment-Pritchard try!

Not only did Franky's try bring the house down live, but just watching the replay again, watch the rear end replay shot with Luke,Burgess and Inglis sprawled face down on the ground and Morris hugging Eastwood.....would pay for a photo of that!
  28. magdog

Does Bullfrog have any more sons/sons in law?

Just want to know how long it will be before someone not related to Bullfrog gets the nod to take our great club in a new direction in HOW we play the game. Seriously, perhaps there's a love child of his that will put his hand up to coach....and we'll let him, or perhaps our next coach will be...
  29. magdog

ZERO pressure & ZERO execution tonight

Blaming half the team for the loss tonight is stupid, as as soon as we start winning, the very same players will be lauded as Gods. What we haven't been doing this year & towards the back end of last year is building pressure on teams....something which our game depends on. Our timing is...
  30. magdog

Ben Roberts

Haven't we given him enough time? I have really tried to believe in him this season, but in reality this guy is not a starting 5/8th IMO. He has had 1 MOM performance all his career! I think he could be a fantastic bench player, where he can come in, play a simple role in spurts, do his...
  31. magdog

2nd vs 7th history

Historically the 2nd placed team in our semi final structure is often beaten by the 7th team. Happenned to us against the Dragons a few seasons back, and of course again in 2004 when we played the Cowboys. In 2003 we also got pumped by the Warriors in the first week of the semis, so everyone...
  32. magdog

Have other teams "figured us out"?

Seems to me when a team adopts and successfully implement an "up tempo" style of game against us, we struggle. Newcastle (1st half), Parra (game II) & Tigpies all demonstrated this. Unfortunately our success at slowing play down in these types of circumstances is largely determined by the...
  33. magdog

Kevin Moore's "Man management"

Yesterday's result you can attribute to Moore and how he's managing his squad. Some examples I've noticed below. eg. Barba- hasn't played FG for 3 months. Picked him on the bench when he knew we would struggle to score points. Tossed him into the match when we needed a spark...got the result...
  34. magdog

Bulldogs 2nd Halfs in 2009

Has been outstanding!! We appear to have shaken that 2nd half syndrome we had for a few years where we would fall apart. Great to see no matter what's happenning in our matches we put in to the end of every match this year!
  35. magdog

Under the radar!

Putting my "glass half full" goggles on...... if there is one miniscule, itsy bitsy positive thing to come out of us being rorted out of at least 4 competition points this year it's that the DRAGONS are being hyped as the best team this year....and we know how well they cope with pressure...
  36. magdog

Game-breakers,Match winners,X-factor

Bulldogs Game-breakers,Match winners,X-factor Call it what you will, but having seen the debate & subsequent reaction to Brett Morris signing with the Dragons, I think the reason most were disappointed are because we've missed out on a player who can win you a game on his own, with some...
  37. magdog

Injuries for Roberts, Hannant?

Wally & that dribbler Ben Ikin, said that Roberts has injured his knee and likely to be out for 3-4 weeks. Any other reports about this heard anywhere? Also, any news on Hannant & his shoulder? "]Apologies if posted elsewhere.[/SIZE]
  38. magdog

What do you want to see most as a Bulldogs fan?

For me it would be to hand those smug BRONCOS their first taste of a Grand Final loss in their history.:)
  39. magdog

Kevin Moore Selection policy

Like everyone else, I'm a bit peeved about Idris missing out on selection this week. But I think Moore has some method to his madness. Tadpole's quote below, on announcing the team, I think says a lot about what he's trying to do with the club this year. Daryl had a terrific off season and...
  40. magdog

LOL @ Phil Gould's fearless predictions!

Don't know if anyone saw it, but in Sunday's Herald Gus made the fearless prediction that if the Sharks can score 12 points they'll win because our attack is average without Jamal ! Well done Gus! Not only that but he predicted us to finish 14th this year.... and the Sharks 2nd not to...
  41. magdog

Rabbits,Eels,Raiders,Tigers-next 4 weeks

Huge 4 weeks coming up for us. Need to get 3-4 wins & combinations & confidence up as after that we have...... Dragons (away),Storm (at Bluetongue?!),Knights,(away),Broncos (away).
  42. magdog

Ref inconsistencies?

One thing I found about this weeks game, and I believe is a reason we played no where near the standard of last week was the different interpretation this week's refs had on the players getting off the tackled players. Did anyone else think this? Penriff were S L O W as all get out to get...
  43. magdog

Panthers Dog's bogey team recently.

Penriff have had our measure the past couple of seasons. Amazingly I think we've lost 4 straight against them! Will be good to set this right this weekend!
  44. magdog

What about the penalty count?

Interesting that we won the penalty count so convincingly this week, whereas traditionally we cop a pasting more often than not from the refs. Perhaps our new "cleanskin" image will assist this area...it makes such a huge difference!
  45. magdog

Winning percentage without Patten

There seems to be a lot of talk about win percentages without key players in the press lately. Patten missed most of 08 & we were awful without him in 05. Again, I think a lot of the "experts" have totally overlooked how important a fit General is to the side. Would like to find out our...
  46. magdog

Finals record with Folkes

Used to be feared for our Semi final record...think the Broncos now have our mantle as the team to fear in Sept with Melbourne quickly catching them. Consider this groupies. Folkes finals record 1998-2008 W10-L12 = 45% record. Since 2001 when we have had a strong side his record is...
  47. magdog

Isn't it ironic....

That Ben Barba is considered too much of a "defensive liability" to get a go in FG! Based on our efforts in D this year, he would fit in beautifully with the FG squad!
  48. magdog

How can we rescue season 2008?

I can't believe at the half way point of the season that we are just about out of the running. Who, how or what needs to happen THIS season to turn it around and put us back in the mix?
  49. magdog

0-28; 0-30; 0-30; 0-30

No not tennis scores! Games we have played this year Parra;Roosters;Manly;Penrith & shows how we get dominated for long periods of the match. Similar thing also happrened vs Souths & Wariors but not quite as bad. Worse thing is that it's happenned 2 weeks straight for us now. Scary...
  50. magdog

ST George/Parra/Nth Sydney Reject reserves

IMO we are in this state because our dumb ass management for some reason over the past 3 years thought we could consistently buy other teams' sh*t and turn it to gold. The last player we bought that was still wanted by his club was Ryan wasn't it? Even Stuart & Clyde were cast offs! Manly...
  51. magdog

SLOW SLOW SLOW Bulldogs.

Watching other teams it becomes so obvious at how slow we are We play the ball slowly. We pass the ball slowly. We chase kicks slowly. We run the ball up slowly. We back up so slowly, that there is no one there eg.DJ's 1 break 2nite Our players are slow to react to change in direction in...
  52. magdog

We only ever play 40 minutes.....

Will it be the 2nd half tonight ???!!! (Also what's with our record at ANZ at night...2 out of 10!!)
  53. magdog

Back Row Depth - Fact or Fiction?

All this talk about the depth we have in our back row...these are the guys in the FG squad. Ryan-fine, SOO rep days behind him? SBW. Reni-frustrating but can be anything TeMaari- not the same since knee injury- works hard Koups - talented, potential star Morrin- not FG standard...
  54. magdog

Where's Charlie Leano?

This guy was supposed to have had a really good off season, I know he was injured, but anyone know when he's back or what he's up to?
  55. magdog

2 & 2 after 4 games....

After all the doom and gloom of tonight, we're still in a pretty good position at 2 & 2. Hopefully we learn from the experience tonight and make the necessary adjustments, as we are a young team still coming together. Besides, we had alot of defending to do, and they really took advantage of...
  56. magdog

Unhappy Bulldogs

Now that Sherwin & Tonga have gone, Maitua looking uninterested, who else do you reckon Mason was referring to as wanting out of the Bulldogs when he left? On the flip side, the players who are pulling on the jersey for us look enthusiastic and very HAPPY = good performances on the field...
  57. magdog

Best Bulldogs Coach

Who has been the best Bulldogs coach?
  58. magdog

IF SBW is out this week who will come up?

With Reni being dropped, who is next in line for a FG call up?
  59. magdog

Reni -Match stats vs Souths

Stats from Bulldogs Website Reni Maitua 67 minutes 0 Line breaks 0 Try assists 20 Tackles 4 missed tackles 3 Errors 11 Hitups 0 dummy half runs 78 Meteres...
  60. magdog

Hypothetical- Utai or Vatuvei?

If you had a choice between these 2 when fully fit, who would you take?
  61. magdog

One man team?

Winning without Sonny Bill, and 16 players in the 2nd half, is a great result. Are we really a one man team as the press claim?
  62. magdog

Andrew Voss-Seriously how many times?

Did this idiot have to bring up the fact that we "squandered a 20 point lead last week" during the commentary. I thought his job was to commentate on the game he is watching.
  63. magdog

Folkes proves he has biggest BALLS in NRL!

To pick Utai this week after his performance last week....people that takes balls!! Thankfully Utai's first half proves what EVERYONE was saying, hopefully Folksie was watching . I think we have seen the back of Utai for a while...whether he is injured or not. Winitana is beginning to...
  64. magdog

Incentive for Reni

We may get that 1-in every 3 months stellar performance from Reni tonight... after all he does want to keep his name top of mind for Russell Crowe & the Bunnies.
  65. magdog

The dogs are up by 16 25 mins into the game....

...this week against Souths...what is your final score
  66. magdog

We made Brett Finch look like good!!!

How bad are we...Brett Finch got 4 try assists today !!!
  67. magdog

MASON-What CULTURE?

We all know Willie suffers from ADHD- a condition which means he talks utter crap when ALL the ATTENTION isn't centred on him. This whole saga goes to show how controlled this "man-child" is by his manager Greg Keenan. Everything, including all the contradictions over the past couple of...
  68. magdog

Other coaches?

Firstly I don't think we should sack Folkes. However I'm curious to hear how you think other coaches would have approached the Parra game given the players we had? My observations: Folkes seems to be afraid to let the team use their natural abilities eg. apart from Sonny..no offloads...