September Dogs- are we back?

Status
Not open for further replies.

magdog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
As a Dogs fan growing up in the 80's I used to just LOOOOOVE September, because I knew the Bulldogs would step up a gear and be the most feared team to play against during finals series. Over the years we have lost that aura, and prior to Desi's arrival we had totally lost it IMO.

Since Des has come on board our September record in finals stands at 4-2 with a GF and Prelim final in there. Anyone who doubts Des's record need only look at this to realise what he's done for us.

Whatever happens from here, I for one believe tha the September Dogs of war are well and truly BACK BABY!

Bring on the Panthers!;)

jo_95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
As a Dogs fan growing up in the 80's I used to just LOOOOOVE September, because I knew the Bulldogs would step up a gear and be the most feared team to play against during finals series. Over the years we have lost that aura, and prior to Desi's arrival we had totally lost it IMO.

Since Des has come on board our September record in finals stands at 4-2 with a GF and Prelim final in there. Anyone who doubts Des's record need only look at this to realise what he's done for us.

Whatever happens from here, I for one believe tha the September Dogs of war are well and truly BACK BABY!

Bring on the Panthers!;)
No team is 'feared'.

Good teams are respected in September. From what I have seen so far this finals series we are good this year.

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I think we should be able to beat the Panthers, but this is footy anything can happen! having said that, I think it will be Bulldogs V Souths grandfinal.

We have definitely click into gear for finals footy and these hard wins is keeping us in contention

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
first time since 2006 that we have returned so soon to the preliminary final, and if we win it will be first time since 1995 that we have returned so soon to the grand final

we have already made it to the finals 3 times in a row for the first time this millennium, so things are looking good

Malla

Reaction score
Absolutely. I had been talking about the fact we were ready for September since June all year. We dropped some stupid games and made life a lot difficult for ourselves by not finishing in the top 4, however our team has shown they love playing finals footy.

DOGSOFWAR2013

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Seems canterbury are a big game team. We play well and edge out teams like manly roosters and rabbits but switch off against baby tigers and titans missing heaps. However in the finals. Every game is a big game with a team eliminated most games not to mention playn teams that are obviously in the 8 (8 of the better performed teams over the reg comp)

I believe we can win from here. Panthers got us twice with shit calls and a win after the bell but atleast we competed. Finals pressure is diffeeent altogether. Also beat the roosters too through the year + rabbits so either way. Will be toughbut im pretty happy and confident.

Allan

Man of Steel
Reaction score
Frankly I think we will crush the Panthers. They are a team of tryers with one real star. If we can dominate Soward we will win and win well. Our forwards will dominate and Reynolds will be all over him. Go the Dogs.

immortalbulldog

Eternal Doggy
Reaction score
Frankly I think we will crush the Panthers. They are a team of tryers with one real star. If we can dominate Soward we will win and win well. Our forwards will dominate and Reynolds will be all over him. Go the Dogs.
Our forwards will dominate as long as they keep the pressure on their pack. On Saturday with manly on the ropes we decided to stop pounding them up the middle and started going for easy tries out wide. Next thing you know they've crawled their way back in

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We are but we've got to maintain a degree of respect for the opposition. The ad lib footy we were playing midway in the first half looked good but made us squander a lot of chances with Manly on the ropes. If we had stuck to our gameplan instead of throwing the ball away at worst we would've drained more out of the Manly side and at best we would've pulled further ahead

Kila R Ralai

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Our forwards will dominate as long as they keep the pressure on their pack. On Saturday with manly on the ropes we decided to stop pounding them up the middle and started going for easy tries out wide. Next thing you know they've crawled their way back in
Well said, we our own worst enermies. That said there is still plenty of room to improve.

Status
Not open for further replies.