Search results

1. I

Incredible Turnaround in Defence

I was just curious about the best defensive teams so far, as our points conceded looked decent for the 7 games we’ve played. I did the sums and I’m pretty sure we’re currently 4th best in defence, with the Sharks, Storm and Penrith the only teams better so far, in that order from worst to best...
  2. I

Opinion Curran Could Be Our Carrigan

Very impressive performance from Josh last night which made me think of Pat Carrigan. What Curran offers is similar and he has a similar build, but he’s not quite at that level yet. He stepped up big time though in King’s absence. Played 58 minutes - 18 total runs (16 hitups) for 156m, 51pcm, 2...
  3. I

Perception By Other Fans

Just been reading some comments by mostly non-Bulldog fans and it’s interesting how the perception of our club is changing. I’m not one to really acknowledge them, but the comments are usually negative. I do also agree though with a lot of them and I think the general consensus is we’re very...
  4. I

Round 6 - Slim Pickings

I was concerned as it was, going down to Melbourne next week, but now with all our injuries what is the team going to look like? What we know: Mann, Taffy, Edwards won’t play. Tracey very unlikely. Patolo? JAC and Wilson might be ok. Mann will be the biggest loss. So, where does that leave the...
  5. I

Payback 100 years in the making

We did it! Finally got Dragoons back for our biggest loss ever. https://www.nswrl.com.au/draw/lisa-fiaola-cup/2024/round-9/dragons-v-bulldogs/
  6. I

Opinion Key Feature Missing from Our Attack

I realised something this past weekend that I don’t remember being mentioned on TK. It was in relation to the many people raving about Brooks’ transformation since moving to Manly in contrast to the heavy criticism our Burton gets. Now, as anyone could tell from my comments, I think Brooks is...
  7. I

Opinion Is Hull F.C the new Bulldogs?

I watched the mini of their match with Hull K.R today and see that they have several former dogs players. Nu Brown, Okunbor, Ese’Ese and Pele. Not only did we get rid of them but they are stinking up their new club badly. Pele got sent off for diving at a dude with a haymaker after he almost...
  8. I

Real Talk

The negativity on here is off the charts. Some positivity would be nice aye? So real talk, I was very impressed with our first hit out for the new season. Considering how many new players/combinations we have, the fluency in attack was amazing. Some of the tries we scored were very sharp...
  9. I

Kurtley Beale might be looking to play NRL

Is he any good kennel? I have no idea of his age (guessing late 20s early 30s) and guess he’d be a five eighth in league? Or could he be a 7?
  10. I

News NRL 2024: Strengths and weaknesses of Canterbury Bulldogs’ forward pack

The Bulldogs know they’re not the biggest pack, but they plan on being the hungriest in 2024. This is how Canterbury’s forward plan fight their way back into finals contention. They’re not the biggest or most experienced, but none of that matters if you’re the hungriest. The Bulldogs are...
  11. I

SE Queensland Floods

How are all you Queenslanders affected by this flooding doing? Hopefully still able to have a happy new year, but some of the footage is a worry. I suppose it’s the foash floods that can really be dangerous. All the best guys, hope it’s not too bad where you are.
  12. I

GoFundMe Farce

I’m sick of seeing GoFundMes setup everytime something bad happens. It’s the first thought of some people and usually trying to raise money for undeserving causes. Why tf do people donate money to people that die from their own fault/stupidity?! It should only be for people who through no fault...
  13. I

News Bulldogs Sign a Forward!

It’s nobody you’ve heard of but who knows what the kid could do? https://www.zerotackle.com/bulldogs-add-another-promising-forward-to-their-roster-203723/
  14. I

News 5 Talking Points

https://www.nrl.com/news/2023/11/29/tip-sheet-5-talking-points-for-the-bulldogs-in-2024/ This is my favourite part - “As well as hiring former Bulldogs to coach their pathways teams, the club have also adopted a new motto for their junior academies of ‘bred, not bought’, a slogan featured on...
  15. I

What Will You Miss About Avo?

Was just reading about Latrell Mitchell being lazy and it reminded me of Avo on the weekend. Despite him leaving the club, he still has a go and looks like he really wants to do well for the club. This is what I’ll miss most as imo it’s one of the best attributes from a first grade player. Most...
  16. I

Gus Doubters

Him and the club making the Sexton recruitment happen was a master stroke. The only Bulldog playing today (possibly Kikau too?) to have won every game they’ve played for us so far. Sexton had 13 runs for 99m. For a halfback, that is brilliant. He actually made more runs than all forwards except...
  17. I

News Damon Marshall Selected for Queensland u19s

Some good news to make up for the weekend’s loss. Hopefully we keep him and he continues to improve and become one of the much needed NRL forwards we need. https://www.bulldogs.com.au/news/2023/07/03/marshall-makes-qld-under-19-squad/
  18. I

Official Gus Fronts Press Conference

Just dropped on YouTube. Gus fronting a press conference?! Very unusual. Only seen a few minutes so far and he’s saying what you’d expect, heaping praise, but the fact he’s fronting up is surprising.
  19. I

Unbelievable

It’s unbelievable that we can be so fucking shit after all this time of being shit. I never turned the game off before halftime before this season. So far I’ve done it many times this year. Why watch such putrid, pathetic excuses for footy players? Well another weekend and the same thing. At...
  20. I

Off Contract Forwards - Any Worth Pursuing?

So, it’s clear our forwards situation is poo, particularly our front rowers. Look at teams that have beaten us lately, you’ve got Raiders with Tapine, Papali’i and Horsbruh. Warriors with AFB, Afoa, Niukore etc. Our pack is just soft. Here’s who’s off contract end of this season… not much...
  21. I

Lack of Experience is Telling

As disappointing as some of our losses have been, when you look at the reality in the cold light of day, it really comes as no surprise. We simply lack the experience to compete with the better teams. As mentioned in the ‘other league’ thread, our lack of experience should be acknowledged. Some...
  22. I

Heaps to be Positive About

That performance was built on the attitude Ciro has instilled in the boys. Just imagine how we play when everyone, or even 27 of our top 30 are fit. With Fox and Kiraz out there today, plus Kiks, King and Thompson, I have no doubt we smash them. But the young guys stood up which is most...
  23. I

A Few Easier Weeks Ahead

Just looked at the draw and we should have a much easier time of it the next 5 weeks. Before the start of the season we probably wouldn’t have expected to beat Souths, Eels and Sharks as has happened. It sucked how big a score we conceded in those games, but missing half our best 17 will do...
  24. I

Welcome to National Rorted League

Josh Reynolds grubber through, pushed over chasing it and no penalty. Clearest, most blatant rort you’ll see.
  25. I

Opinion Replacements For Good Friday Match Not NRL Standard

We saw exactly why Topine doesn’t usually get a look in. A lot of energy, but not much effectiveness. Morrin and Preston were average too. We know Preston is a first grader and Morrin not far from one, but rookies often have a bad game mixed in with the good and will rarely deliver when they...
  26. I

The Grub Is Back!

I’ve gotta say fam, that I too thought his inclusion in the top 30 was a bit shit, but we looked way better with him out there tonight. He straightened up our attack and actually ran deep into the line. Next stop for Flanno is reggies Sure Grub had some funny moments, but see the pashun and his...
  27. I

More reason to be proud

Another weekend where every grade won! NRL, NSW Cup, HN Women’s, Tarsha Gale, Jersey Flegg, SG Ball and Harold Matts all won. This is the 2nd time already this season where all 7 clubs won. How good doggies fans?! Sure our major win today was bitter sweet, you can’t hate every doggies team winning.
  28. I

Opinion 4C is now 5C

Some of you may have seen my nickname for Cameron Ciraldo as 4C for Cool, Calm Cameron Ciraldo. Well, he gets another C and shall be known henceforth as 5C for Cool, Calm and Confident Cameron Ciraldo. Yes I realise this is lame, but I embrace it. Anyway, this is to celebrate a very impressive...
  29. I

Official Round 3 : Bulldogs vs Tigers discussion

Cannot wait! If we come out like the first half tonight we’ll stampede those pussies! We looked good against a hardened Storm team. Against the spooners we should destroy.
  30. I

A little bit of perspective

Just some food for thought regarding our round 1 loss… Last year’s grand finalists both lost at home. Sharks lost at home. Roosters lost away to a debutant. It’s not all doom and gloom when you think about it.
  31. I

Bulldogs Fullback Named Worst in the Comp

I actually think the list is fairly accurate. It’s not easy to rank fullbacks, but I reckon they’ve got it close. The most concerning thing is their ranking of Perham as worst. I think he may be a few spots better e.g HTF has shown nothing at fullback. Anyway, the reality is, even the most...
  32. I

Opinion Reed Money well spent

I knew he’d improve us, but boy what an impressive debut for the club. Ciro seems to have given him more ownership over how the team plays than he had at Parra, and it’s great for us, because his strength is his reading of the ruck and making the right decision (90% of the time) and his passing...
  33. I

Fire Up !!

We've scored 70 points over the last 2 games, and only conceded 16. Potter has worked miracles tbh. Early season we would have been happy just to have won those games, but we flogged two of our rivals. So fire the fuck up doggiesssss. Yewww. I actually like the timing of the week off. While...
  34. I

Doubt on Two Penrith Tries

I haven't had a chance to check and couldn't last night (no kayo etc) but I would have liked to have seen a replay of that play where we turned over the ball and they scored in the next set. Vaughan (I think it was) offloaded the ball, it dribbled out behind him and Koroisau grabbed it, but it...
  35. I

Opinion How good is JAC?!

Just watched his mid-week presser and I can't believe how good he is, but I'm not even talking about what he does on the field. That's good too, but I'm talking about the way he promotes the club. When we signed him, I never imagined he'd be such a great buy, because I didn't expect all the...
  36. I

Opinion Bulldogs Dream Team

I usually think there's too many of these 'your team' threads/posts, as I'm sure many of you do too. But with all this dead weight being moved on I thought it was good for a Sunday daydreaming sesh. Post your dream team, but try and keep it realistic re: the salary cap. 1. Farnworth - $550k 2...
  37. I

Why We Lost is Simple

Only 3 forwards ran over 100m. Vaughan, JJ and Wads. In those conditions we needed the forwards to dominate and they sucked overall. Not enough output from King, Patolo and TPJ. Naden was also down on hitups. It obviously didn't help losing Hethro. Only positive Imtale from that game is our...
  38. I

Relax - The Stats Tell The Story

All this doom and gloom over a trial is depressing. So I looked at the stats from last night's game and tbh, it's clear why we lost. This doesn't automatically mean we're fine. Far from it. But most of you are acting like the world is ending, when it isn't. Key stats: We only had 48%...
  39. I

Opinion How do you solve a problem like Averillo?

Except for the stubborn ones who can't accept that he's not the answer at 7 and never will be, what do you do with him? He's had more than enough opportunity to show he can be the halfback, and has barely showed anything. His skills are obviously pace and footwork, so imo, he can only be used in...
  40. I

Central West Connection

Hey guys, I was just thinking about how we have several blokes from central west NSW in the squad, which is pretty cool and hopefully gives them a stronger bond. Naden (Wellington), Burton and Burns (Dubbo), and Jacko (Gulgong). Maybe there are others? CWNSW includes Orange and Bathurst and...