Kurtley Beale might be looking to play NRL

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Is he any good kennel? I have no idea of his age (guessing late 20s early 30s) and guess he’d be a five eighth in league? Or could he be a 7?
He is beyond 30 , he would have made a good fullback

Burgler

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Rugby 5/8 is so much different to league halves. I played both in local comp at Newcastle so I couldn’t imagine how bigger the difference would be at elite level. Union halves roam both sides, play off set starts, have a lot of stoppages etc. Any elite union 5/8 would struggle adapt by to league where they would be stuck on one side of the field and have structured defence to deal with. Plus the fitness of the 10m rule not last feet of the ruck like union.
Beale and Quad would have suited early 90s/80s league beyond that they’d struggle IMO

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Rugby 5/8 is so much different to league halves. I played both in local comp at Newcastle so I couldn’t imagine how bigger the difference would be at elite level. Union halves roam both sides, play off set starts, have a lot of stoppages etc. Any elite union 5/8 would struggle adapt by to league where they would be stuck on one side of the field and have structured defence to deal with. Plus the fitness of the 10m rule not last feet of the ruck like union.
Beale and Quad would have suited early 90s/80s league beyond that they’d struggle IMO
I think he would have been suited to fullback in league

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
You're probably right in regards to his style of play being more suited to the the 90s but the guy is a pure footballer. Every time I see him play, he reminds me of some of the past indigenous talents our game has had like Andrew Walker, Mundine, Thurston, etc who played off the cuff, eyes up footy.

Last edited:

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
You're probably in his style of play being more suited to the the 90s but the guy is a pure footballer. Every time I see him play, he reminds me of some of the past indigenous talents our game has had like Andrew Walker, Mundine, Thurston, etc who played off the cuff, eyes up footy.
Ewan Mcgrady wouldn't be out of place in that list . . . He was a freak, uncontainable