Opinion Curran Could Be Our Carrigan

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very impressive performance from Josh last night which made me think of Pat Carrigan. What Curran offers is similar and he has a similar build, but he’s not quite at that level yet. He stepped up big time though in King’s absence.

Played 58 minutes - 18 total runs (16 hitups) for 156m, 51pcm, 2 tb, 1offload and 35 tackles with only 1 missed.

If he can produce like that consistently we’ll be onto a winner.

Lynchpin

Kennel Established
Reaction score
If Ciraldo does not want to start Sam Hughes, then Curran could keep his starting prop position (when Preston & Kikau are occupying the edges), leaving the 13 open for Mann.

Salmon is bench at best, and should be there only for balance, if needed at all.

alwaysthesun

Kennel Established
Reaction score
He's been one of the form players in the comp for me because you've got to consider he's one of a couple of experienced big boys in one of the lighter packs in the comp.. he makes a case for top 3 Bulldogs every week.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Carrigan's a bigger body and can do it in the middle for 80 minutes no issue. Curran is effective in the middle for 50-60 minutes. I'd say he's closer to Cotter than Carrigan.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
If Ciraldo does not want to start Sam Hughes, then Curran could keep his starting prop position (when Preston & Kikau are occupying the edges), leaving the 13 open for Mann.

Salmon is bench at best, and should be there only for balance, if needed at all.
I don't mind Curran coming of the bench because we don't want our middles to lack in quality once the starters come off. I think we should be aiming to always have one of King and Curran on the field.

Lynchpin

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I don't mind Curran coming of the bench because we don't want our middles to lack in quality once the starters come off. I think we should be aiming to always have one of King and Curran on the field.
Between King, Curran, & Hughes, I think that's a front row rotation that can play big minutes between them. Curran could even shift back to lock to allow all three on at once if you want.

Then, from the bench you've get a mix of Faamausili, Patolo, Kautoga, Morrin et al playing their cameos.

alwaysthesun

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I wonder if Madge has an eye on Curran.. wouldn't look out of place in that arena the way he's playing... be good for his sake but we do need him on the field for us.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I wonder if Madge has an eye on Curran.. wouldn't look out of place in that arena the way he's playing... be good for his sake but we do need him on the field for us.
I hope not , I am hoping we will be close to full strength around Origin time.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
We replaced tpj with this guy and saved coin, Curran has already put in more work then tpj did in his entire stint at the dogs.
And that right there is why Gus is on the big bucks. You could combine TPJ and Thompsons out put for their entire stints at the dogs and Curran has already gone around them for way less money.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
But But But He doesn't want to be here, fake smiles remember......
He is a f---n legend.
Lol what?

I must of missed it lol

Already a contender for buy of the year.