Heaps to be Positive About

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That performance was built on the attitude Ciro has instilled in the boys.

Just imagine how we play when everyone, or even 27 of our top 30 are fit. With Fox and Kiraz out there today, plus Kiks, King and Thompson, I have no doubt we smash them. But the young guys stood up which is most impressive.

I think the comms said Drags have won their last 6 at the gong? Even more reason to be proud of that win.

Bulldog wazza

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Great resilience and more importantly I loved the involvement of Burton today. Unlucky to not score and had Grub set-up for 1 which he didn't hold onto. Mahoney tackled his heart out and applied pressure across the park with the 1% plays in kick chase and supporting the middle. I was surprised how well the bench went and loved watching Averillo get some success. Should have won by 13+ but I'll take the grind out 2pts. Congratulations Boys

Bluebody

The Strategist
Reaction score
I do believe that Burton at 7 is a great move because it will move a lot of rocks out of his game and leave a lot more diamonds. He has a few games to go before we see him starting to be more consistent and reliable. That kick to give them 7 tackes, that early pass when we had the line break, these little things kill momentum.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We had 2 recognised forwards out there today in Tpj and RFM. No one would consider them the best in the game. All others were reserve graders.

Imagine we get a pack that somewhat resembles an nrl pack. Dragons are horrendous. Like they are gross to watch. Shambles. Regardless go get a win with possibly 10 players unavailable, hats off to the players and coaches. Huge heart to hold on.

And hope we don’t turn to hunt as a potential 7. Guy was diabolical out there. Definitely helped to get us the win:tearsofjoy:

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
We had 2 recognised forwards out there today in Tpj and RFM. No one would consider them the best in the game. All others were reserve graders.

Imagine we get a pack that somewhat resembles an nrl pack. Dragons are horrendous. Like they are gross to watch. Shambles. Regardless go get a win with possibly 10 players unavailable, hats off to the players and coaches. Huge heart to hold on.

And hope we don’t turn to hunt as a potential 7. Guy was diabolical out there. Definitely helped to get us the win:tearsofjoy:
Cuck Jnr was one of the worst on the field. Probably only Casey was worse.

Dragqueens owned him.

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fittler is a meme but something he said stuck with me as it is actually a good point. When Reed threw the forward pass to Burton which bombed a try, Fittler said you have to take the tackle sometimes and realise the opposition can be good at times too, which drags were in their D covering. He said Reed went for the try in that play, when taking the tackle was smarter.

That’s the polish we still need, but at least we’re making heaps of opportunities in most games.

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Dragons have been good at times this season tbh. Sure they are not likely top 8 contenders, but they do play tough and hard, especially through the middle. That was my major concern and I was also worried about how Karl’s defence would stand up to the top grade. Considering all that I’m very happy to tough out a close win. Another great confidence builder too.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Fittler is a meme but something he said stuck with me as it is actually a good point. When Reed threw the forward pass to Burton which bombed a try, Fittler said you have to take the tackle sometimes and realise the opposition can be good at times too, which drags were in their D covering. He said Reed went for the try in that play, when taking the tackle was smarter.

That’s the polish we still need, but at least we’re making heaps of opportunities in most games.
Burton should of caught that one, but yeah first half should of been two more tries, they were building.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
It was a tough, gutsy win. It was another game that we grinded out in old school Bulldog fashion which we haven't been doing for years. Ciraldo deserves so much credit for that.. And the players too for buying in and playing their hearts out. That's all we can ask for..

We're 4-5 which we all would have taken before the season, especially when you factor in our injury toll and mid game injuries, sin bins etc..

Whatever happens the rest of this season, we can finally be confident that we have the right coach, culture and potential at the club to be a consistent finals team again in the next few years...