Search results

1. R

Opinion Is Gus our modern day Bullfrog

I didn’t realise till lately, just how much Gus loves his Bulldogs and his passion for our club. He’s done it all with Canterbury when you consider as a player, premiership winning coach, all under the greatest bulldog of them all, our beloved Bullfrog who crafted our DNA. Gould has already...
  2. R

Opinion Must get a mature halfback

To be a top 8 chance in 22 we must find a mature halfback. I know a 9 would be nice but I think BBO will go alright there with Topine and JMK also options. I think we need to try to drag Pearce over.
  3. R

Opinion Why is Jackson playing halfback

Probably because we don’t have one. I thought it would have been nice to see BBO getting ball early at the line rather than as wide as he was getting it today. Think he only got his hands on the ball half a dozen times with not time to do anything.
  4. R

Opinion Kikau

TBaz should keep a war chest on the ready for this bloke. Kikau is something special. would love his sheep skin hairdoo dude in a blue and white jersey. Fuck the panthers. Penrith, at the end of 2022, they’ve got Dylan Edwards, (Viliame Kikau), Api Koroisau, Moses Leota, Paul Momirovski all...
  5. R

Opinion Our outside backs are shit because?

I was wondering why players like Allen, Cotric to name a couple, seemed so good at there previous clubs but now seem to offer very little at Canterbury. I’m not sure it’s entirely their fault. I thought about ex players like Remis Smith, even the Morris boys and others. Who either prior to or...
  6. R

Opinion Bulldogs v Broncos Race for Spoon

At this point of the season On 6 competition points each and both -204, Both clubs run home from here, predict the wins and losses for both clubs taking origin into account. I believe the Broncos retain the spoon and Bulldogs could maybe do as well as 13th or better. Bulldogs...
  7. R

Opinion Positive Bulldogs

From what I’ve seen in our Bulldogs in their last two games especially, they are starting to play with a lot more belief in themselves and the processes they have been working towards. Yes, getting some players back is also making a huge difference. If they can maintain their week to week...
  8. R

Opinion People/journos bash dogs about press conference but dogs have to be tuff for results. NRL is brutal.

This isn’t a game for the faint hearted, nor is it for weak performance in the NRL. Dogs seem to cop a lot when it comes to things like Flanagan recently or did Pay get a fair go. If my business is failing or taking a loss do I consider people’s feelings, or do I have to consider the bottom...
  9. R

Opinion Dogs should enter the race for Adam Reynolds.

Canterbury desperately need a leader and a halfback that can get our team attacking and guide us around the park. We haven’t had experience in this position for a long time. The young guys we have may get there one day but it’s looking a fair way off and they need time to mature and develop...
  10. R

Opinion Storm at the end of their run.

Without Bellamy and Smith, how attractive are they in securing, obtaining players. Will they still be a threat? Or will players look for other opportunities. Harry Grant only there till end of 22 which makes him I think 23years old. Worth future consideration.
  11. R

News Three grade match day back to the future

Used to love making a day of it out at the footy watching all three grades and seeing the up and coming talent. Also was the perfect build up for the main event (first grade). 3 games for your admission price and a day out for the family. Loved it. Yes please, bring it back Vlandys.
  12. R

Opinion Nick Cotric vs Greatest Canterbury Centers.

Gees we’ve had some great centers at the dogs. heres a list the greats that I remember with some a bit lesser and I’m hoping Nick can Mark himself somewhere near the top of this list in time. I think he will. It’s all discussion and personal opinion, but let’s reminisce some of these great...
  13. R

Opinion Cameron McInnes my target for dogs 9

IMO this bloke epitomises the character, toughness, work ethic and never say die attitude that we are accustomed to when thinking about what we want in our bulldogs. He is a leader, has captain qualities, has great vision, running qualities, seems to be in the right place at the right time and...
  14. R

Opinion WANTED: Inspirational, Passionate, Focussed, Innovative, Successful and well Respected Leader. To run once proud club and bring it back to life.

With the current state of the place, who can come in and do this job? Someone within or someone from outside. Currently looks like know one Steering this Club. Does anyone have a clue who can fix this mess? I have no idea who this person could be, but maybe someone on here does. Time to stop...
  15. R

News Both Storm Hookers Threaten to Leave if Smith plays on.

Not holding my breath but rubbing my hands together. Everyone knows Brandon Smiths Stance but Harry Grant announced on stage at Tigers presentation that if C Smith stays at storm he wants out. I think I’d offer 800 or 900k/ year to Grant or 700k to B Smith. Something like that.Very important...
  16. R

Opinion Fastest, Toughest, Smartest, Most Talent, MVP, Bulldogs Ever.

Something positive to talk and reminisce about. List your best Bulldogs of all timein your opinion. Since my only recollection can begin from the 80’s my selections start from there. There are plenty of others and there is no definitive answer but this is what I went with. Fastest: Rod...
  17. R

Opinion With the Doggies season over after this round, Who will you ride in for the premiership and why? And do you think will really win it? And if not, who?

I’d like to see the Panthers do it. A young side playing a good brand of footy and haven’t been there for a while which would be refreshing, also Barrett can leave satisfied with the job he’s done and bring that confidence over to us next year. Hard to go past the f*cking Rorters the way they...
  18. R

News Moylan on outer at Sharks,

Has been injury prone, though at 29 has some years ahead of him. Would we be interested in him for 600k? Could cover a few positions and has experience. No more than a two year deal to start.