News Both Storm Hookers Threaten to Leave if Smith plays on.

Rockdog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Not holding my breath but rubbing my hands together.
Everyone knows Brandon Smiths Stance but Harry Grant announced on stage at Tigers presentation that if C Smith stays at storm he wants out.
I think I’d offer 800 or 900k/ year to Grant or 700k to B Smith. Something like that.Very important to Land one of these 2 now IMO.

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not holding my breath but rubbing my hands together.
Everyone knows Brandon Smiths Stance but Harry Grant announced on stage at Tigers presentation that if C Smith stays at storm he wants out.
I think I’d offer 800 or 900k/ year to Grant or 700k to B Smith. Something like that.Very important to Land one of these 2 now IMO.
If he wants out why would he choose us?
Titans, Broncos & Tigers could all be ahead of us?

capt obvious

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Starling and cotter resigned in the last day or 2 also which shortens up the availability list. personally think grant would be a better specislist hooker, so much more naturally .brandon smith seems probably an out and out
Tigers have the cash, so i cant see him going anywhere else if cameron plays on.
If cameron leaves we have no chance of getting either id imagine

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
If he wants out why would he choose us?
Titans, Broncos & Tigers could all be ahead of us?
Titans might struggle with cap space...
Ponies smelly right now. Is Walters a saviour?
Tigers - does he like Madge? Many don’t.
Anything’s possible.
It all hinges on the call C. Smith makes.
I hope he’s selfish and plays on so he and Bellyache leave the Storm at the same time and they lose one or both these fellas. I’m sure we’re watching closely.

Rockdog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Starling and cotter resigned in the last day or 2 also which shortens up the availability list. personally think grant would be a better specislist hooker, so much more naturally .brandon smith seems probably an out and out
Tigers have the cash, so i cant see him going anywhere else if cameron plays on.
If cameron leaves we have no chance of getting either id imagine
True, you never know your luck though.

Dogs79

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I wouldn’t risk just targeting one of these guys, it’s time to throw offers at both. Even if hypothetically, they both accepted our offer, then we sign one and make it official and withdraw the other. Unfortunately we aren’t in a position to play games and need to pay overs so just throw together some big offers.

surfdog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thought the Tigers were still tight for cap next year, the Cleary contracts are still stinking the place up

Rockdog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Titans might struggle with cap space...
Ponies smelly right now. Is Walters a saviour?
Tigers - does he like Madge? Many don’t.
Anything’s possible.
It all hinges on the call C. Smith makes.
I hope he’s selfish and plays on so he and Bellyache leave the Storm at the same time and they lose one or both these fellas. I’m sure we’re watching closely.
These fellas may get tired and frustrated with waiting for someone else to dictate their futures. And I know in the back of my mind is that Belly is gone after next season. Who will coach the Storm then. Smith?

Rockdog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I wouldn’t risk just targeting one of these guys, it’s time to throw offers at both. Even if hypothetically, they both accepted our offer, then we sign one and make it official and withdraw the other. Unfortunately we aren’t in a position to play games and need to pay overs so just throw together some big offers.
Exactly

jof

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If Storm win the premiership he'll retire I reckon, if not he'll probably go around one more year at the Storm. I've got a gut feeling Melbourne are going to beat the Panthers in the GF though.

MichaelM

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This situation is why the coach is so critical in selling our vision to these prospective players.

We really are in Barrett's hands, so I hope he can convince a few of this next generation of stars that playing for our club will allow them to reach their potential.