Opinion Bulldogs v Broncos Race for Spoon

Rockdog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
At this point of the season
On 6 competition points each and both -204,
Both clubs run home from here,
predict the wins and losses for both clubs taking origin into account.
I believe the Broncos retain the spoon and Bulldogs could maybe do as well as 13th or better.
Bulldogs. Broncos.
15. Eels. A. 15. Rabbits. H
ORIGIN 2. ORIGIN 2.
16. Manly. H. 16. Sharks. H
17. Roosters. H. 17. Bye.
ORIGIN 3. ORIGIN 3.
18. Rabbits. A. 18. Tigers. H
19. Sharks. H. 19. Panthers. A
20. Titans. H. 20. Cowboys. H
21. Tigers. H. 21. Knights. A
22. Warriors. A. 22. Roosters. H
23. Knights. H. 23. Warriors. H
24. Manly. A. 24. Sharks. A
25. Tigers. A. 25. Knights. H

I have the Dogs winning about 6 if not better
to get to 18pts.
(If they can maintain and improve).
I have the Bronx winning about 2 and their Bye to get to 12pts.

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Based on our recent form and potential we should be beating the bottom 8 teams.
Sharks, Titans, Tigers, Warriors, Knights and Tigers again are all winnable games for us.
For me it's not really about avoiding the spoon - I just want to win some friggin games

Rockdog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Based on our recent form and potential we should be beating the bottom 8 teams.
Sharks, Titans, Tigers, Warriors, Knights and Tigers again are all winnable games for us.
For me it's not really about avoiding the spoon - I just want to win some friggin games
Yep agree.
They are the minimum games I had us winning also.
Though I do like our chances against Manly next week off the back of origin. And I wouldn’t put it past us to give the Roosters a game.

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have said a few times that our draw for the first 12 games was shit. We only had 5 home games and 1 of them was in Brisbane. The other 4 were against the top 4 teams in the comp - Penrith, Melbourne , South’s and Parra. All of our winnable games were away from home.

I have no doubt we would have won at least 2 of the games v Knights, Titans, Cowboys and Broncos had they been at home. We probably beat the Raiders if that’s at ANZ as well.

At least the draw is more even for the second half of the year.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm waiting to see what type of performances we put on in the next few weeks.

The next few games aren't easy but if we can play well in longer periods it could suggest we are improving.

The Dragons were really horrible and its quite possible they made us look a whole lot better than we actually were. I think we will get a answer over the next month.

Typical dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
IF the Broncos get the spoon two years in a row that’ll set them back 10 years with sponsors, membership and player appeal. We need them to get the spoon again LOL.
Well they still have a massive advantage with sponsorship with the guaranteed channel 9 prime times. Bottom of table teams can't get those time slots unless you're Brisbane.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Broncos have a relatively easy draw on the ass end as well. Imo we absolutely need to beat the Roosters in pre origin round when Teddy and hopefully Crichton (fingers crossed)are out, as Broncos have the bye. That will hopefully give us the leg up we need for the charge home.

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
IF the Broncos get the spoon two years in a row that’ll set them back 10 years with sponsors, membership and player appeal. We need them to get the spoon again LOL.
The Suttons will make sure that doesn't happen. Let's see if the balance of Gerard Sutton's games are the Bulldogs and Broncos.

Favourable calls for the Broncos each Friday night up in Brisbane and ridiculous and obscure rule interpretations against us not to mention strategic sin binning and penalties.

I missed the St George game but read on another post that Sutton called out to Hetherington "get up, get up" when he was hit high. If that happened the guy should be hauled over the coals by the NRL.

Any compensation/medical lawyer worth his salt will keep that footage and use it as evidence against the NRL of match officials ignoring potential concussion rules and protocols and allowing the potential for further injury.

Can't see how referees will be able to crack down on players laying down for this reason, as the referees aren't the people conducting the HIAs. The only way the NRL can address this is for a player laying down to be forced off for minimum 5 mins for an HIA etc. Even then that will then be abused as a means for a free interchange of a tired forward.

What a mess the NRL have created for themselves.

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think the Broncos will win more than 2 games too they have some winnable games there and Staggs will return soon.

The Dogs just have to look after their own backyard and win some games.
plus they got the guaranteed 2 points from the bye too. They could leave us stranded if they win a couple

enoughsaid

Kennel Tips Winner '04
Reaction score
like in 2020 we only played the Broncos Once and on there home turf

enoughsaid

Kennel Tips Winner '04
Reaction score
At this point of the season
On 6 competition points each and both -204,
Both clubs run home from here,
predict the wins and losses for both clubs taking origin into account.
I believe the Broncos retain the spoon and Bulldogs could maybe do as well as 13th or better.
Bulldogs. Broncos.
15. Eels. A. 15. Rabbits. H
ORIGIN 2. ORIGIN 2.
16. Manly. H. 16. Sharks. H
17. Roosters. H. 17. Bye.
ORIGIN 3. ORIGIN 3.
18. Rabbits. A. 18. Tigers. H
19. Sharks. H. 19. Panthers. A
20. Titans. H. 20. Cowboys. H
21. Tigers. H. 21. Knights. A
22. Warriors. A. 22. Roosters. H
23. Knights. H. 23. Warriors. H
24. Manly. A. 24. Sharks. A
25. Tigers. A. 25. Knights. H

I have the Dogs winning about 6 if not better
to get to 18pts.
(If they can maintain and improve).
I have the Bronx winning about 2 and their Bye to get to 12pts.
Dogs are 2 from 13 atm
and a Miracle is gonna happen and there gonna win 6 from 11

I'll have a kilo please