Opinion Cameron McInnes my target for dogs 9

Rockdog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
IMO this bloke epitomises the character, toughness, work ethic and never say die attitude that we are accustomed to when thinking about what we want in our bulldogs.
He is a leader, has captain qualities, has great vision, running qualities, seems to be in the right place at the right time and is a tackling machine who rarely misses tackles. Breaks tackles, runs the ball, has an off load in him. 80 min player who at 26 years of age is mature, seasoned, experienced and in his prime with many years left in him.
He has also shown versatility as he can play lock and wouldn’t be surprised if he could cover a half position as well if needed.
This guy has his head screwed on and always gives 100% be it at training or in a game.
Off contract after 21.
Im off Grant and B Smith. I’d be going after Cameron McInnes.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
He is a whole hearted player and always puts in every week but I don't rate his attacking game.

Obviously I'd take him over what we have at hooker at the minute but he wouldn't be that high on my list.

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Didn't realise he was only 26, still a good option at that age.

I don't get the B Smith hype as I don't think he's creative enough for a hooker. Would also prefer McInnes over B Smith and can't help but think Bellamy wouldn't be loving all the celebration headlines that B Smith has been receiving.

Think Storm will do everything to try to retain Grant including as some suggested have C Smith not make any initial announcements. However, still optimistic we could have a chance as he's shown he'll move for an opportunity, plus if his Manager is half decent he'd be getting Grant to be saying the right things to keep all options open.

If C Smith plays on and he deputises at Storm it may cost Grant a Qld jersey in the short-term.

Last edited:

Rockdog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
He is a whole hearted player and always puts in every week but I don't rate his attacking game.

Obviously I'd take him over what we have at hooker at the minute but he wouldn't be that high on my list.
I think his attack is pretty good and will develop more under Barrett.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Fair enough he just doesn't do enough in attack for mine. He's been in NRL a long time now and I'm not sure how much room for improvement he has in him.
Yup, no argument that he is a whole hearted player. But he's been a key player in the St Merge setup for a while, with some really decent forwards and backs to work with, and yet they've done nothing. If that has more to do with the system (Dragons) than the player, than he might be worth looking at, but its hard to know.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yup, no argument that he is a whole hearted player. But he's been a key player in the St Merge setup for a while, with some really decent forwards and backs to work with, and yet they've done nothing. If that has more to do with the system (Dragons) than the player, than he might be worth looking at, but its hard to know.
I don't think McGregor did the Dragons any favours but with the players they had their attack was dreadful. The thing with McIness is I doubt he would come cheap and he would be looking in the range of $700k plus and I just don't think he is bang for your buck at that price.

MitchNewton

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Didn't realise he was only 26, still a good option at that age.

I don't get the B Smith hype as I don't think he's creative enough for a hooker. Would also prefer McInnes over B Smith and can't help but think Bellamy wouldn't be loving all the celebration headlines that B Smith has been receiving.

Think Storm will do everything to try to retain Grant including as some suggested have C Smith not make any initial announcements. However, still optimistic we could have a chance as he's shown he'll move for an opportunity, plus if his Manager is half decent he'd be getting Grant to be saying the right things to keep all options open.

If C Smith plays on and he deputises at Storm it may cost Grant a Qld jersey in the short-term.
Agree he’s not a hooker. Great running forward and defender though

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't think McGregor did the Dragons any favours but with the players they had their attack was dreadful. The thing with McIness is I doubt he would come cheap and he would be looking in the range of $700k plus and I just don't think he is bang for your buck at that price.
Yep spot on ... it's all contingent on price as you wouldn't want to be blowing the cap on him.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
this is a very vital position
We won't be rushed into making a decision...

Rockdog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
The halves along side him at St merge haven’t done him many favours.

Rockdog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Can someone list the options for number 9 from Nov 1.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The halves along side him at St merge haven’t done him many favours.
And yet the three halves who played the most during the 4 years McInnes has been there are Hunt and Widdop, both internationals, and Norman, who has played for QLD.

zappa

Punk in Drublic
Reaction score
Can someone list the options for number 9 from Nov 1.
From Nov 1 without breaking contract the only 9 of note is McInnes. A heap off contract the following year (according to Zero Tackle).

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
IMO this bloke epitomises the character, toughness, work ethic and never say die attitude that we are accustomed to when thinking about what we want in our bulldogs.
He is a leader, has captain qualities, has great vision, running qualities, seems to be in the right place at the right time and is a tackling machine who rarely misses tackles. Breaks tackles, runs the ball, has an off load in him. 80 min player who at 26 years of age is mature, seasoned, experienced and in his prime with many years left in him.
He has also shown versatility as he can play lock and wouldn’t be surprised if he could cover a half position as well if needed.
This guy has his head screwed on and always gives 100% be it at training or in a game.
Off contract after 21.
Im off Grant and B Smith. I’d be going after Cameron McInnes.
100%,he is everything u require as a hooker,has a hood passing game,often makes ground out of dummy half,and has good vision,and always gets himself involved.

Reactions: ATT

Rockdog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Off contract 9’s available between now and end of 21 are:
(Forgive me if this not correct)

Andrew McCullough 20
Mitch Rein 21
Jake Granville 21
Cameron McInnes 21
Jake Friend 20

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
100%,he is everything u require as a hooker,has a hood passing game,often makes ground out of dummy half,and has good vision,and always gets himself involved.
You said " has a good vision "
This is the most important aspect of a modern hooker
He is the one that instigates the attack in the right or wrong direction
This is why C. Smith is so highly valued !

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Agree I love the bloke and wouldnt be disappointed at all if we signed him. My only issue is that he has alot more attacking skill that he doesn't show enough and should be encouraged to kick more.

Also James Graham gave him a massive wrap earlier this year and said he's the player he loved to play alongside the most because of his leadership and work ethic.