Opinion Cameron McInnes my target for dogs 9

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
He is a whole hearted player and always puts in every week but I don't rate his attacking game.

Obviously I'd take him over what we have at hooker at the minute but he wouldn't be that high on my list.
He's got the attack in him, I remember the screamer of a run / sprint he made out of dummy half to score against Brisbane way back when people were still undecided on him or Cook for Blues #9... It is there but it's suppressed by his service to halves to often and his workload, he's just an ultimate team player.

capt obvious

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Off contract 9’s available between now and end of 21 are:
(Forgive me if this not correct)

Andrew McCullough 20
Mitch Rein 21
Jake Granville 21
Cameron McInnes 21
Jake Friend 20
Add
Nathaniel roache releaesed
Billy brittain 2020

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
He's got the attack in him, I remember the screamer of a run / sprint he made out of dummy half to score against Brisbane way back when people were still undecided on him or Cook for Blues #9... It is there but it's suppressed by his service to halves to often and his workload, he's just an ultimate team player.
Obviously people see it differently but he just doesn’t do it enough. He does all the dirty work but you need more from a hooker now especially with the new rules.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Obviously people see it differently but he just doesn’t do it enough. He does all the dirty work but you need more from a hooker now especially with the new rules.
Agree but he's a massive upgrade on what we have. For example would be great to sign him and have a young explosive hooker from the lower grades to eventually fill that 14 role and interchange with him if we can't get someone like Grant or Clarke

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
All the more reason why I dont understand not building one out of players like Wakeham. Dummy half is really just another half these days that has to tackle a bit more around the ruck. With the new rule its like having a second halfback who can take kick options and also have a dart himself or be the obvious support player in broken play..

5-10 kegs of muscle on Wakeham, teach him a better tackle technique and "Bang" there's your no9.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score

Cujo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's assuming there are others that are able to do the dirty work & free him up to be more creative. At the dragons that certainly has not been the case. Would it be for us 2021 onwards....hope so..

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Can get onboard with McInness, no way he’s going to tolerate playing in the back row for much longer...

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
All the more reason why I dont understand not building one out of players like Wakeham. Dummy half is really just another half these days that has to tackle a bit more around the ruck. With the new rule its like having a second halfback who can take kick options and also have a dart himself or be the obvious support player in broken play..

5-10 kegs of muscle on Wakeham, teach him a better tackle technique and "Bang" there's your no9.
I think we are. Looks like Baz will have his prefered 1, 6 and 7 so he will try and develop a 9 with what we have unless someone really desirable becomes available.

Doggiezbrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
He would great. I see dragons wanting hunt as their hooker and McInnes pushed to lock. We could do them a favour and get him off their books and they can rebuild their squad

He is still young and would great if we cannot get Grant or Smith.

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
McInnes is one of the most under rated players in the comp. He showed playing at 13 this year that he can ball play, has an under used running game from dummy half and tackles all day.
Supposed to be a good bloke off the field as well, natural leader.
He'd be a great buy to add to an inexperienced spine.
If Griffin moves Hunt to 9 and Jack De Belin is available to play in 2021 we may even be able to push to get him here next year, though that's a long shot.

rexest

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
This guy is loyal af, Anyone who has paid attention to him in the last 2 years or so would know he isnt coming to dogs.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Reece Robson
Yep that's the one we should have got ... We really should have signed him or B.Brailey when they were off contract last, all rival offers should have been bettered

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He is a whole hearted player and always puts in every week but I don't rate his attacking game.

Obviously I'd take him over what we have at hooker at the minute but he wouldn't be that high on my list.
Your'e not wrong but you can see him wearing a premiership ring.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yep that's the one we should have got ... We really should have signed him or B.Brailey when they were off contract last, all rival offers should have been bettered
Might still if Payten doesn't want him, with freight payable... :joycat:

Rockdog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
This guy is loyal af, Anyone who has paid attention to him in the last 2 years or so would know he isnt coming to dogs.
Soufs, Dragons, keeps getting pushed out of his position for that non give a fuck put body on the line over paid fuck Hunt. Why wouldn’t he want to be appreciated at a club like the dogs? Spend the rest of your career at the dogs and feel appreciated.

MitchNewton

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
JMK has done similar on the rare occasion too