1. CanterburybankstownBD

Newcastle next week

Good in his prime but He’s an interchange player nowadays
  2. CanterburybankstownBD

Opinion Not convinced we improve next year

Can’t afford a Reece Walsh calibre player
  3. CanterburybankstownBD

Opinion I’m sorry Matt Burton

Players like Burton shouldn’t have the ball and be expected to put on plays multiple times a set He’s better off playing with minimal touches that are quality He needs a dominant half partner And it’s not working at the moment him at 6, him at centre would change the balance of our attack, he...
  4. CanterburybankstownBD

Well it isn’t looking good is it
  5. CanterburybankstownBD

Let’s face it Even with Mahoney and Kikau , we might be marginally better at best….
  6. CanterburybankstownBD

Opinion I’m sorry Matt Burton

Obvious why people are questioning his best position, this year he’s been average and last year at centre he played like a real xfactor player at centre So what’s wrong with thinking he’s a better centre? Obviously him playing centre with Penrith helped though
  7. CanterburybankstownBD

Josh Jackson

As much as I like his effort I doubt he’s in the starting 13 next year
  8. CanterburybankstownBD

Opinion Averillo

Burton looks average… it’s like he’s on auto pilot and not playing what he sees and without instinct Some of the attacking passes and kicks he does makes me think he’s not enjoying his footy
  9. CanterburybankstownBD

Nrl 360

LoL.. I reckon they’ll discuss ‘overcoached’
  10. CanterburybankstownBD

Opinion TPJ

Yes and he’s removing the rubbish from his game
  11. CanterburybankstownBD

Opinion Sack Barrett thread

I think unfortunately for Trent he will lose his position for 2023
  12. CanterburybankstownBD

Who can we recruit as a halfback?

Kyle Flanagan is the halfback we need , they should just give him a simple game plan, ‘play clinical’ model his game on Rocky Stuart or cooper Cronk for the rest of this year and leave it at that
  13. CanterburybankstownBD

“I’m the one that made the decision” - Gus

This was my theory, that Gus was planning to do this I even wrote it on one of the threads about a month ago
  14. CanterburybankstownBD

How long will Flanagan last at 7?

I think he’ll be in for 4 or 5 games and Barrett will rotate again
  15. CanterburybankstownBD

Opinion I feel sorry for flanno Honestly

Don’t think they’re getting dropped, it would be more like rotating, probably informed the players in the preseason this was the plan
  16. CanterburybankstownBD

Opinion What's going on at Canterbury

It’s unusual to keep changing the 17, but I don’t know, is it such a bad thing? Builds a squad rather than just a team, and keeps players thinking during the game because it reduces the ‘going through the motions’ cos of the new combinations
  17. CanterburybankstownBD

News ‘A hand grenade for your birthday’: Flanagan’s Panthers baptism of fire

Yeh I think he prepares very well, the note staring is just the persona he wants to create
  18. CanterburybankstownBD

Well Allan wasn’t playing as good as we all expected
  19. CanterburybankstownBD

This is the right move, best halfback we’ve got He’s been put back into first grade against the best team, the coaches would know him best Maybe reintroducing him against a top team will get the best out of him, maybe he thrives under some pressure, who knows I think he’s a good player, had...
  20. CanterburybankstownBD

Opinion SOS Shane Flanagan

If things continue down this path maybe keep Barrett on if he wants to stay as assistant coach We have looked much improved this year but that score line and performance was a worry for dogs as first grade coach, the only person I can think of is Shane Flanagan
  21. CanterburybankstownBD

Official Round 4 v Storm Match Discussion

Best comment I’ve read on here, due to paragraph 3
  22. CanterburybankstownBD

Opinion How long will Averillo last at 7?

Just the highlights but I’m in the Averillo should not be hb camp anyway
  23. CanterburybankstownBD

The way Flanagan and Wakeham are playing, they will be given their go sooner rather than later
  24. CanterburybankstownBD

Official Round 3 v Manly Match Discussion

He’s a lot better than what he showed last year, I think he only had 6 games with us last year, He’s a genuine hb and he’s got plenty potential but I think it’s all mental for him
  25. CanterburybankstownBD

News maligned Bulldogs half delivers:

And if Flanagan can play like he did at the roosters it’ll be enough, I know he wasn’t great there but that’s the style we need I think. And he will just get better and better, he just needs to build up his confidence in the new side and first grade and build confidence and get use to taking...
  26. CanterburybankstownBD

Okunbor has got what we need in the team, he’s a big strong damaging runner. He just needs to tweak his defence
  27. CanterburybankstownBD

Looking at Manlys line up we look like we can win this. Brisbane look stronger on paper than Manly, and Manly are playing terribly atm. I really want us to win this, I don’t like Des
  28. CanterburybankstownBD

News maligned Bulldogs half delivers:

I think the plan before the season began was to put Flanagan in at 7 They’ve had Jake in there to take the spotlight off Flanagan and let him gain some confidence Gus is friends with Flanagan Snr, in fact I think they’re neighbours. Flanagan is looking a lot better now from the highlights...
  29. CanterburybankstownBD

I know they’re only highlights but Flanagan looked good He’s what we need at halfback if he can just relax and play his natural game
  30. CanterburybankstownBD

I’ve had a theory before the season started, and it’s that Jake is in there to take the pressure off Flanagan, and allow Flanagan time to build his confidence in reserves. I think the plan has always been to bring Flanagan in a bit later. I think it’s Gus’s plan.
  31. CanterburybankstownBD

Flanagan or Wakeham should be given a try, and BBO
  32. CanterburybankstownBD

To get the best out of Jake I think Barrett needs to put him in a position that matches his skill set and natural style of playing. Probably that would be at centre, or 14. It’s too much pressure on Averillo to make him organise and control the team
  33. CanterburybankstownBD

Opinion Corey Waddell

Jackson’s all effort though we need him out there atm
  34. CanterburybankstownBD

How good is max king?

Let’s hope he stays injury free!
  35. CanterburybankstownBD

Official Round 2 vs Broncos Match Discussion

Yeh Averillo is a good player but not a 7
  36. CanterburybankstownBD

We look so much better in attack, all our offloads were great and really troubled broncos I’d say Trent Barrett and all the staff would be really happy despite the loss because we look like a completely different side tonight Exciting game! And times ahead
  37. CanterburybankstownBD

Burton

He’s been excellent so far He doesn’t seem to get overawed at all
  38. CanterburybankstownBD

I hope I’m wrong and Jake has a good game today For me all he has to do is demand the ball, manage the game and keep the defence in two minds Nothing flashy or brilliant
  39. CanterburybankstownBD

Whats happened to Cory Allan?

Yeh hopefully he gets a chance soon, played so well at souths Even played origin he played so well We’ve got really good depth
  40. CanterburybankstownBD

Whats happening with RFM?

Hopefully not too long now, Rather he sit out half the season and come back then, then come back early
  41. CanterburybankstownBD

News Why Bulldogs enforcer Tevita Pangai Junior won't take a backwards step against former club Brisbane Broncos

I don’t think it’s in his ‘nature’ to be aggressive It might be his MO or style though I can understand why Barrett would say that though as he wants him to be aggressive for the team
  42. CanterburybankstownBD

Official Brothers, Lets Trot!

They must have wrote that song for Ado-carrs brand or I wonder if he asked them to make it
  43. CanterburybankstownBD

You know what, Just thought of a good example/comparison It’s like Adam Reynolds controlling the game so that Walker can play his best game We just need a genuine halfback
  44. CanterburybankstownBD

News BULLDOGS’ “GUTSY” WIN “EASES THE PRESSURE” WITH RECRUIT TO RETURN FOR BRONCOS CLASH

I think Gus and Flanagan are neighbours or something But on your post, I didn’t think he sounded that positive about the Bulldogs
  45. CanterburybankstownBD

He had an okay game on the surface, but because he’s predictable it means that teams can mark up on Burton better, we need skilful unpredictability in the halves
  46. CanterburybankstownBD

No I’m not nasheed, Anyway enough about Averillo,
  47. CanterburybankstownBD

Yeh but we have a different team now, and the whole team played poorly. Just give him another go Barrett
  48. CanterburybankstownBD

BBO is worth a try at 7, maybe play him at 14. Bring him on late in the half and get him to play halfback, and move Averillo to hooker
  49. CanterburybankstownBD

Mate I know he’s young band sounds like I’m attacking him but all I’m saying he’s not the halfback we need
  50. CanterburybankstownBD

Hey I’m not criticising him as a person or player, I’m just saying he shouldn’t be at 7 He had that disallowed try on the weekend, a few good kicks and passes, but his actually stifling our attack. We need a real halfback who demands the ball and can play spontaneous and set plays as well.
  51. CanterburybankstownBD

He’s a good player but, he’s detrimental to our attack as a halfback He won’t be there round 10
  52. CanterburybankstownBD

Flanagan would be worth a try, at least he’s a halfback
  53. CanterburybankstownBD

If only Barrett read the suggestions on here. Why can’t he see what I and everyone else can see?
  54. CanterburybankstownBD

Don’t get me wrong I think he’s a good player but I’m no way is he a 7 nor will he last there. It’s only a matter of time, I think he’ll be moved into a new position for him or dropped by Rd 12
  55. CanterburybankstownBD

Opinion Farout, I don’t like Penrith players

Yeh it doesn’t surprise me And I know this is petty but those stupid handshakes that they do, which NBA and NFL players do And the bling bling culture , I think I know what irks me about Penrith, a lot of their players have adopted the American sports person persona
  56. CanterburybankstownBD

News Jarryd Hayne, former Eels teammate Nathan Brown involved in late-night pub incident

Exactly, what the hell is he doing out at 2am drinking when he has a wife and kid at home? And after all that’s happened … If he has a late night you’d think he’d be at home or a mates house
  57. CanterburybankstownBD

Corrupt or incompetent?

They probably have their biases, they have to interact with teams, players, coaches and trainers so they probably have a different perspective to us fans. They don’t look at them as stars, or footy players, they also see them as people they have to work with, some they like, dislike. Those...
  58. CanterburybankstownBD

Opinion Farout, I don’t like Penrith players

I don’t know if it’s just me but the culture at the panthers really irks me and I don’t know why. Guys like To’o, Luai, Crichton and Cleary, they don’t really seem arrogant but I don’t know what it is, I reckon Penrith would have a really clique culture. Whereas the dogs all the players I...
  59. CanterburybankstownBD

Do you think us having the tougher game will be to our advantage?
  60. CanterburybankstownBD

How did Nick Meaney go at 5/8 for the Storm?

I would have kept Meaney if I was recruitment, I’ve always thought he’s a quality player
  61. CanterburybankstownBD

When it rains it pours.

He’ll be looking for an upgrade I guess then
  62. CanterburybankstownBD

Lumelume…. Gotta say our depth has improved
  63. CanterburybankstownBD

When it rains it pours.

Okay… is he on a lot less than our current props? Seems like we have a good forward pack, maybe Thompson the only one on overs
  64. CanterburybankstownBD

News BULLDOGS’ “GUTSY” WIN “EASES THE PRESSURE” WITH RECRUIT TO RETURN FOR BRONCOS CLASH

I watched the game again, and we didn’t look as bad the 2nd time around. Watching it live I thought we were really bad but I can now see the effort was there
  65. CanterburybankstownBD

When it rains it pours.

35k a month is better than being retired
  66. CanterburybankstownBD

When it rains it pours.

Why on earth did we sign Sutton? We have enough bloody backrowers
  67. CanterburybankstownBD

Averillo is too predictable

lol I think he’s a good player but just not a halfback He is stifling our attack
  68. CanterburybankstownBD

News The drunk admits he was wrong about drones

360 is good at first until you realise that all their “arguments” are choreographed for entertainment I love listening to serious analysis of the game by Matthew Johns but Fletcher and Hindmarsh just ruin the show for me
  69. CanterburybankstownBD

News Bulldogs general manager of football Phil Gould shuts down speculation over coach Trent Barrett's future

Even Barrett knows that if we don’t improve he’ll be gone Gus just being diplomatic Everyone knows
  70. CanterburybankstownBD

Let’s just hope we don’t get Cummins much this year, he always seems to favour whoever we play. And I’ve always suspected it’s because of that time we played south’s on Good Friday and James Graham went off and our fans were chucking stuff at the refs
  71. CanterburybankstownBD

Waddell’s actually a real asset if he gets the right passes He’s big and fast and doesn’t seem to tire that much as the game goes on
  72. CanterburybankstownBD

I think we’ll win this weekend
  73. CanterburybankstownBD

Our Attack?

We also need to use our big 2nd rowers a lot better, instead of just having them do hit ups. Having them run different lines, decoys and flat passes If TPJ and hethrington are out 2nd row we should really use them a lot better
  74. CanterburybankstownBD

Our Attack?

Yeh BBO made us look a lot more likely to produce some good attack when he came on, I’d say he will retain the no. 14 Hopefully he comes on at the end of the first half as well as you said
  75. CanterburybankstownBD

Our Attack?

Don’t think Barrett would of wanted them to do that so they obviously had no ideas in attack
  76. CanterburybankstownBD

Opinion Your preferred playmaker

Just need a genuine halfback who wants the ball and has some organising ability Even someone who hogs the ball a little bit to letBurton just play his natural game I Guess
  77. CanterburybankstownBD

Opinion Your preferred playmaker

Flanagan is my 7, only because he’s the best match for Burton who is our most dangerous attacking player
  78. CanterburybankstownBD

Opinion Anyone watching the new Benji Marshall show?

I hope it goes well for him but so far it feels a little awkward but I don’t know if that’s how it’s supposed to be
  79. CanterburybankstownBD

Our Attack?

Yeh I was thinking the same thing, I really thought with the preseason, the new squad and addition of Gus Gould we would have made significant and noticeable improvements in the way we play. We looked so predictable and clunky last night. Barrett transformed penriths attack so he’s got some...
  80. CanterburybankstownBD

TPJ the machine is back for round 2.

Waddell puts in every game
  81. CanterburybankstownBD

Both the teams you mentioned have an excellent halves pairing already so those two guys have way less pressure to construct the attack
  82. CanterburybankstownBD

Give JAC the captaincy

Nah Fox is the team joker and not really captain material but he’s definitely one of the leaders in our team
  83. CanterburybankstownBD

Rd 1 vs Cowboys 3-2-1

3. Thompson 2. Jackson 1. Ava
  84. CanterburybankstownBD

Official Hansen ensconced in the kennel

Provides Barrett with confidence and acts as a sounding board for ideas and stuff I guess
  85. CanterburybankstownBD

The I’m sorry Jayden Okunbor thread

Yeh that’s one of the things we need out of him those strong hit ups to start our sets off
  86. CanterburybankstownBD

JMK

JMK is a really good bench hooker, in games that he’s played off the bench he’s really provided something for the team
  87. CanterburybankstownBD

I don’t think Averillo feels comfortable at 7 Good halfbacks crave the ball and they see openings and possibilities in attack so they scream for the ball and are constantly telling players where to be and what to do, they get so immersed in the game But if you watch Averillo he seems to play...
  88. CanterburybankstownBD

But a lot of those 29 passes were almost identical in setup and play
  89. CanterburybankstownBD

Official Round 1 v Cowboys match discussion

Yeh me and my dad were in the car park when everyone started running back to the stadium
  90. CanterburybankstownBD

Max King

YehKing played well and so did Ava again, Vaughn was a bit disappointing but you have good and bad games I guess That year out of the game has made him super motivated
  91. CanterburybankstownBD

Official Round 1 v Cowboys match discussion

Yeh with 30 to go I thought NTh qld would score and we would lose, Could t believe it when they scored with 20mins to go, and relieved it was a no try
  92. CanterburybankstownBD

Dufty would play like a 6 though
  93. CanterburybankstownBD

I don’t mean to put a dampener on the win guys, but all preseason I thought we would look so different in attack I just felt like even though he had good touches he’s stifling our overall attack because he’s not a real halfback We just need a classic half back out there and that’s either...