Opinion How long will Averillo last at 7?

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don’t get me wrong I think he’s a good player but I’m no way is he a 7 nor will he last there.

It’s only a matter of time, I think he’ll be moved into a new position for him or dropped by Rd 12
Hopefully only until this week. I took a gamble with BBO as a free agent in my NRL fantasy league team and so would love for BBO to move into the 7 role for the rest of the season.

On a serious note there's no use turning BBO into a 9 with Mahoney coming next season so we should give him the shot at 7 and see how he goes while our other half backs are at best average.

Plus I think Jake is pretty crap for a 7 as he doesn't control and steer the team and doesn't look like he will anytime soon.

CanterburybankstownBD

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Hopefully only until this week. I took a gamble with BBO as a free agent in my NRL fantasy league team and so would love for BBO to move into the 7 role for the rest of the season.

On a serious note there's no use turning BBO into a 9 with Mahoney coming next season so we should give him the shot at 7 and see how he goes while our other half backs are at best average.

Plus I think Jake is pretty crap for a 7 as he doesn't control and steer the team and doesn't look like he will anytime soon.
BBO is worth a try at 7, maybe play him at 14. Bring him on late in the half and get him to play halfback, and move Averillo to hooker

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Yeh but we have a different team now, and the whole team played poorly.
Just give him another go Barrett
This topics done to death and just another laying in the boot thread.
We dont have a 7.
Barrett isnt throwing away his pre-season.
Is what it is.
Hopefully Avo shows incremental improvement as the weeks roll on.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I think this is nasheeds other account?

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
This topics done to death and just another laying in the boot thread.
We dont have a 7.
Barrett isnt throwing away his pre-season.
Is what it is.
Hopefully Avo shows incremental improvement as the weeks roll on.
The stupid thing is that he didn't exactly play bad last week and we won. Almost scored a try, linked up well a few times with Burton and forced a repeat set. Nothing amazing but hardly anything that justifies the carry on. Just imagine when he has a bad game lol.

As I've said before people on here are way to obsessed with positions and show a total disregard to everyone's actual role within the team. You then end up with people creating all these fake scenarios like Jake was hiding on the last and left the kicking to Burton like it wasn't a tactics. Obviously the best kicker is going to kick, they're literally crying because our best kicker was kicking the ball. The kicking duties were also split like a lot of halves pairings on the weekend yet their brains can't accept it because Burton had the 6 on his back and Jake had the 7 lol.

We should also compare his performance against Townsend who's a Premiership winning half on over 700k a season...no one has said a peep word about that because they don't want to acknowledge that it's VERY hard to find a genuine halfback today that's going to consistently perform. Even Walker who was hyped like crazy as a halfback has been shifted to the 6 to protect him.

CanterburybankstownBD

Kennel Established
Reaction score
The stupid thing is that he didn't exactly play bad last week and we won. Almost scored a try, linked up well a few times with Burton and forced a repeat set. Nothing amazing but hardly anything that justifies the carry on. Just imagine when he has a bad game lol.

As I've said before people on here are way to obsessed with positions and show a total disregard to everyone's actual role within the team. You then end up with people creating all these fake scenarios like Jake was hiding on the last and left the kicking to Burton like it wasn't a tactics. Obviously the best kicker is going to kick, they're literally crying because our best kicker was kicking the ball. The kicking duties were also split like a lot of halves pairings on the weekend yet their brains can't accept it because Burton had the 6 on his back and Jake had the 7 lol.

We should also compare his performance against Townsend who's a Premiership winning half on over 700k a season...no one has said a peep word about that because they don't want to acknowledge that it's VERY hard to find a genuine halfback today that's going to consistently perform. Even Walker who was hyped like crazy as a halfback has been shifted to the 6 to protect him.
He had an okay game on the surface, but because he’s predictable it means that teams can mark up on Burton better, we need skilful unpredictability in the halves

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
He had an okay game on the surface, but because he’s predictable it means that teams can mark up on Burton better, we need skilful unpredictability in the halves
So predictable that he almost scored a try huh? Stop dribbling. You're basing your opinion off last season without even giving him a fair shot this season. Doesn't matter what you, I or anyone else thinks because in this moment the club sees him for the best fit for the role ahead of our so called traditional halfbacks at the club. What feels right in the moment might change in a couple of rounds, months, next season or not at all. Just accept it for what it is and move on because there's hardly any options available within the club or outside the club right now.

Also stop crying about Flanagan, he's literally the reason Jake was moved to halfback in the first place. If Flanagan could follow instructions, accept criticism and work on his game then he would still have the position. Instead he had another tantrum and ran off to the media/daddy and ended up getting offside with the coaching staff just like he did at the Roosters.

CanterburybankstownBD

Kennel Established
Reaction score
You know what,
Just thought of a good example/comparison

It’s like Adam Reynolds controlling the game so that Walker can play his best game

We just need a genuine halfback

Ant2611

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Flanno would be better at 9. Then we can fix the real issue and piss JMK off
Flanno probably was better when he was 9. But now he is an adult and playing against adults he still plays like he is 9. How many chances do you want to give him? Didnt you see enough last year? He isn'nt the first or prob the last unfortunate signing we have / will make. He for me is just an adequate reserve grade half no more. Pity he is on such a large contract but thems the breaks it wont last forever.

Ant2611

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

This. Also Como or should I say Hobbit, (affectionately. I'm originally from the Shire too) I think your hunch will come good. Give it a little time....it will pay off. I'm sure BBO will be our 7 before too long.