Search results

1. R

Unwarranted and unfair': Annesley hits out at criticism of referees - GRAHAM ANNESLEY

NRL 2023: Graham Annesley, Gerard Sutton, Kasey Badger, Stephen Crichton, Latrell Mitchell, Panthers, Rabbitohs, Dragons, Head of football hits out at criticism of match officials | NRL.com If Mr Annesley is happy with the current level of NRL officiating, then the game is in a dire state...
  2. R

Jake Arthur quits Eels to join Manly in shock mid season switch.

They’ve poached Woods from the Sharks and now Arthur from the Eels. We know are the winners & losers from these trades.
  3. R

Saints, Manly player swap.

Manly and St George Illawarra have completed a player swap deal, which has seen Aaron Woods depart from the Dragons in exchange for exciting young forwards Viliami Fifita and Alec Tuitavake. Saints the winner in this player swap. There goes Manly season and Saints have most likely avoided...
  4. R

KAUFUSI FOUND GUILTY - FOUR MATCH SUSPENSION

While I don't believe it was worth 4 matches, I'm glad they're consistent in their rulings as they created a precedent when Luke Thompson copped a similar penalty for a similar incident a few years back. If Kaufusi didn't get time the NRL match review committee would have lost all credibility.
  5. R

Knock On Effect GF is NOT televised on 9.

I’m all for expanding the game but, this is sending the game backward NOT forward, surely someone at NRL headquarters and Channel 9 need to fix this. How bad is the scheduling This Sunday the Panthers v Bulldogs will NOT be seen on 9. Instead we’re being dished up NSW Womens Semi Finals all...
  6. R

David Tangata-Toa future First Grade Coach?

Some Ex-players make much better coaches, take Bellamy for example, he was a more than handy player but has been a super coach for the Storm. David Tangato-Toa, played in the UK but he's certainly making a name for himself in Coaching circles albeit in lower grades and for the Bulldogs NSW Cup...
  7. R

Tedesco bombshell tipped amid battle for teen

Tedesco bombshell tipped amid battle for teen (msn.com) Key here is JS wants to play Full Back. How many years does Teddy have left? Salary Cap isn't the problem for Uncle Nick and the Rorters with the number of contacts he has through TPA's.
  8. R

Aaron Woods celebrates game 250 today.

There is a highlights package on NRL.com. You won’t see a lot when he wore the Blue & White colours. Sorry to say it Dragon fans but feel the Titans can spoil Aaron’s party today.
  9. R

Time To Ditch Captains Challenge

It was good in theory but has proven to be not only another hold the game could do without but it's unfair and that was evident not only in last weeks Cowboys/Tigers game where without it they would have avoided what was a very bad look for the game. Cronulla in this game have lost their...
  10. R

Smith cops 3 match ban for referee comments.

As bad as it was it does seem a rather harsh punishment when you consider he not only gave away a penalty while the Storm were in possession but also spent 10 minutes in the bin. Unlucky that he wasn’t already at the Rorters where he’d get a mere warning. Precedent has been set now.
  11. R

Former Bulldog, Tiger to be left searching for new club

Former Bulldog, Tiger to be left searching for new club - NRL News - Zero Tackle Should we offer him a one year stint at least? 33 now but his heart seemed to be always with the 'Dogs. 250K, 300 tops. Morris brothers were still going strong at 35.
  12. R

V'Landys will destroy NRL by adding more teams

It's abundantly clear from recent years there are 2 elite teams in the Storm and Panthers followed by Souths, when they're at full strength they could beat any team, the Rorters are still competitive but aren't the team they were a few years back as time catches with them. Cowboys are having a...
  13. R

Embattled Knights land two NRL tough nuts

Embattled Knights land two NRL tough nuts (msn.com) Newcastle officials must be living under a rock if they think this is a step forward for their club.
  14. R

Joey's two buys to reboot the Bulldogs

Joey's two buys to reboot the Bulldogs (theage.com.au)
  15. R

I'd like to have a dollar for every time I've heard.........

Parramatta are Premiership contenders.........You'd be rich, heard it again tonight on Channel 9 News, based on their win over the Panthers. Newsflash for you "One hot day doesn't make a Summer". It's becoming laughable the amount of stories we hear about he Eels each and every year as this...
  16. R

MAGIC ROUND - Round 10. Suncorp Stadium.

We kick off the round against the Newcastle Knights, Friday night on 13th May at 6:00pm. There is a 2 for 1 Supporter Bay Offer for this game but I feel it’s a long way to go to see us get flogged again. With the Tigers beating the Eels I’d say we’ve firmed in for back to back wooden spoons.
  17. R

Teams are cheating: NRL club bosses’ concerning revelation

The Sydney Morning Herald approached all 31 of the NRL club chief executives and chairmen to take part in an anonymous poll covering the big issues in the sport, and 23 responded. More than two-thirds of NRL club bosses believe there are teams who are cheating the system by facilitating...
  18. R

Brandon Smith split between Roosters and Dolphins as new NRL home.

Was really keen for the Cheese to sign with us until he and his manager were dicking everyone around with stalling tactics on what he was going to do. Was never going to leave the Storm while Bellamy was head coach and the final straw for me was that damaging footage/photo leading up to the...
  19. R

State Of Origin 2022.

I know it’s hard to make changes to a successful Blues squad but surely a couple of players are pushing for bench spots on recent form, namely Burton and Garrick or next in line if any injuries.
  20. R

Trent Robinson and the Rorters can't be serious

Couldn't believe what I was watching and hearing from T Robinson, he was actually defending Crichton's illegal tackle from last weekend that will cost him a suspension. He grabbed the player around the neck while falling down and then came down on the player which constitutes a crusher tackle...
  21. R

NRL are biased and the game is becoming softer by the week.

Enough is enough. Bulldogs are getting the wrong end of the pineapple week in week out both on and off the field and serious questions have to asked. As if referees giving multiple 6 agains to the opposing sides when we’ve had players all over us for an eternity and nothing happens was bad...
  22. R

Opinion Judiciary? They don't like us as well.

So Dylan Brown gets THREE WEEKS for breaking another players ribs and a punctured lung yet Luke Thompson copped FIVE WEEKS for a "suspected" eye gouge on Tamou from late last year where there was NO injury to him. Tamou said later he didn't think Thompson meant to to any harm and yet he still...
  23. R

War erupts over Israel Folau’s reported back door NRL return

Probably not the words Izzy would've used for this news headline......:tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:
  24. R

NRL Judiciary stinks!

It’s seems abundantly clear that there are rules for some clubs that don’t apply to others. For example tonight it was announced that young Roosters hooker Ben Marschke is free to play the Storm this Friday after being found not guilty by the NRL judiciary. Good luck to him and he may very well...
  25. R

ARL Commission chairman Peter V’landys is entertaining an overhaul of the Origin eligibility rules to cater for players like Taumalolo.

I've been happy as most I'm sure have with most of the changes that have been introduced since V'Landys has come on board into the NRL but I feel he's now acting like the Nutty Professor and wants to change everything and anything in the game. Please leave State Of Origin alone, it's stood the...
  26. R

Freddys Blues: Fittler named his greatest NSW squad of all time.

https://www.nrl.com/news/2020/11/10/freddies-blues-fittler-names-his-greatest-nsw-squad-of-all-time/ What! NO Terry Hill or Rod Wishart!.......but on a serious note how did he not pick Steven Menzies? He mentioned someone as a machine, well that bloke was not just for Manly but also for NSW and...
  27. R

Change to a rule, different rules for different teams or does the NRL make it up as they go along?

https://apple.news/A_KC0FqPBRxizx26TPQgAQg https://www.theroar.com.au/2009/04/04/bulldogs-stripped-of-two-nrl-points/
  28. R

NRL coronavirus: Legends discuss potential of getting rid of the Bunker to save money

https://www.sportingnews.com/au/league/news/nrl-coronavirus-rugby-league-cost-cutting-bunker-todd-greenberg-cooper-cronk-greg-alexander-2020/nmfpa7dwppcx1l3gn3asa12ec Personally if it means saving the game why not but I'd go the other way and go back to ONE referee as well. Cannot understand...
  29. R

Will NRL survive under its current format?

We're all starved of our NRL fix due to this Virus and most know that the game can't really afford to be suspended for to long. Great that they've taken action to hopefully save the game from going broke and folding but I worry that IF they don't resume in the next 1 to 2 months with or without...
  30. R

El Masri voted greatest goal kicker of all time

https://nam11.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fclick.nrl.com%2F%3Fqs%3D0faf4935c21ff7c4b8484d3a7288fd990e78eae745b9e04a7b2c265b571e110f9ae950fa8df4176661a953e2da3f28e30e7937a2b527129edee2917bb8df1b5f&data=02%7C01%7C%7C9eecbaa257494eb20e2108d7d14c3da6%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaa...