Brandon Smith split between Roosters and Dolphins as new NRL home.

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Was really keen for the Cheese to sign with us until he and his manager were dicking everyone around with stalling tactics on what he was going to do. Was never going to leave the Storm while Bellamy was head coach and the final straw for me was that damaging footage/photo leading up to the Finals.

He’d be better off under Bennett from a football perspective at the Dolphins but also feel he fits right into the type of lifestyle the Rorters can provide, been many a “great” night had by many past players down at their Leagues club.

As good as he is I’m glad he’s looking elsewhere. Hopefully we snare Mahoney for 2023.

Benno Bulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
they dolphins need to sign him to get their ball rolling on recruitment, I don't think he is best for us others do, Im excited about Mahoney but think if he didn't come we have enough to head to the 8 in 22 with plenty of improvement and hope coming 23.

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hopefully with the squad we have now we can push for a top 8 spot but feel with so many new players it may take a year for them to gel as a team and we have Kikau and no doubt more new blood to come in ‘23.

I get the feeling we’ll have a premiership win in the next 3 to 4 years. History has a habit of repeating itself.

Penrith lost to Canberra in ‘90 but came back to win it in ‘91. Four years later the Dogs celebrated their 60th Anniversary with a premiership win. Go forward to 2020.

Penrith lose the 2020 GF to the Storm but return 12 months later to beat South’s.

2025 is our 90th Anniversary.

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow, breaking news!

Only mentioned This 3 weeks ago...
Where? I couldn’t see a thread showing this and have only seen this news on a Twitter feed yesterday.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Great news, Fam. We can do better. Namaste

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Where? I couldn’t see a thread showing this and have only seen this news on a Twitter feed yesterday.
It's on one of the pages in the thread. it was about a week before that pic of Mahoney at the club came out.

When roosters came into the picture, we started chasing Mahoney. I even said the only way Cheese goes to the dolphins is if they offer bigger Brown paper bags than Uncle Nick does.

PS the majority on here called it between the roosters and dolphins.

PPS my post wasn't directed at you my bro, it was aimed at the scumbags in the media printing old news and pretending it's breaking news... by The title of your thread it sounded like a news article.

Last edited:

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Hopefully with the squad we have now we can push for a top 8 spot but feel with so many new players it may take a year for them to gel as a team and we have Kikau and no doubt more new blood to come in ‘23.

I get the feeling we’ll have a premiership win in the next 3 to 4 years. History has a habit of repeating itself.

Penrith lost to Canberra in ‘90 but came back to win it in ‘91. Four years later the Dogs celebrated their 60th Anniversary with a premiership win. Go forward to 2020.

Penrith lose the 2020 GF to the Storm but return 12 months later to beat South’s.

Plus 2024 is almost guaranteed win with our track record of GF wins and losses...

74 loss
84 win
94 loss
04 win
14 loss
24 WIN FFS!

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's on one of the pages in the thread. it was about a week before that pic of Mahoney at the club came out.

When roosters came into the picture, we started chasing Mahoney. I even said the only way Cheese goes to the dolphins is if they offer bigger Brown paper bags than Uncle Nick does.

PS the majority on here called it between the roosters and dolphins.

PPS my post wasn't directed at you my bro, it was aimed at the scumbags in the media printing old news and pretending it's breaking news... by The title of your thread it sounded like a news article.
All good & I haven’t been on the site for a few weeks so missed that but as I said what I posted was from a Twitter feed this Monday from the Mole.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
All good & I haven’t been on the site for a few weeks so missed that but as I said what I posted was from a Twitter feed this Monday from the Mole.
I wouldn't Be surprised if the roosters wanted to have the last shot so they can decide if he wants brown paper bags or the kind of bags he really wants.

Bulldogz82

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

If it sticks to our recent pattern then we will win in 2024.

1984 - win premiership
1994 - lose Gf
2004 - win premiership
2014 - lose Gf
2024??? Hopefully premiers again

foREVerA7X

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Wonder how Connor Watson feels about this as he was reportedly signed to play in the hooking rotation at the Roosters?

He left Newy for being second fiddle and chopping and changing positions and if Cheese goes there, same problem will occur.

Malla

Reaction score
Wonder how Connor Watson feels about this as he was reportedly signed to play in the hooking rotation at the Roosters?

He left Newy for being second fiddle and chopping and changing positions and if Cheese goes there, same problem will occur.
Well Verrils would also be pissed and there was another hooker who played a bit this year that was ok. Roosters are fked No wonder they have rarely any junior development. Can’t wait for Nick to die

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I hope the Rorters do sign DC. I was actually starting to not absolutely hate the fuckwits but if fuckknuckle signs with the sombreros I will forget those silly thoughts and go back to despising them and him.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Roosters win like some of us called it ages ago :tearsofjoy:

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The dolphins would be starting to get a bit desperate for a marquee signing,Smith will become the NRLs highest paid player if he signs for them

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
The dolphins would be starting to get a bit desperate for a marquee signing,Smith will become the NRLs highest paid player if he signs for them
id be going to roosters if i was him

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
id be going to roosters if i was him
If he wants to be in a decent team he will. If money is his biggest consideration, not even the Rortsters will be able to match the cash the Dolphins will have to spend.