Brandon Smith split between Roosters and Dolphins as new NRL home.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
If he wants to be in a decent team he will. If money is his biggest consideration, not even the Rortsters will be able to match the cash the Dolphins will have to spend.
yes true, i think uncle nick will sell the "after football" spin, id be going to chooks if i was him if the money is close

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Definitely. The Dolphins will be as good as a bye in 2023.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Definitely. The Dolphins will be as good as a bye in 2023.
i think they will put a competitive side together, but no where near top8 i think. there is not many left and clubs are wrapping up players to avoid them from taking their players

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Smith is joining the roosters....on less than what the fins offered him. We all saw that coming :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy:

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Smith is joining the roosters....on less than what the fins offered him. We all saw that coming :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy:
id say it would be close to what they are offering tbh, maybe $100k less per season

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
i think they will put a competitive side together, but no where near top8 i think. there is not many left and clubs are wrapping up players to avoid them from taking their players
I think they will struggle, Its thin pickings for quality halves and hookers.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I think they will struggle, Its thin pickings for quality halves and hookers.
yeh o'sillivan said on radio yesterday their first "big" purchase is a hooker, so getting mahoney is a good deal. In saying that, im 2nd guessing myself, maybe the cheese is at the dolphins in 23? interesting scenario

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
id say it would be close to what they are offering tbh, maybe $100k less per season
Remember though the Dolphins still have about 9.5million available under the cap. I reckon the Roosters would have offered 850-900, And the Dolphins potentially 1.2 million.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Remember though the Dolphins still have about 9.5million available under the cap. I reckon the Roosters would have offered 850-900, And the Dolphins potentially 1.2 million.
yeh tough decision for him, you know with bennent he will build a good roster, better weather, more money, he has already won a comp, im probably going there

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
yeh tough decision for him, you know with bennent he will build a good roster, better weather, more money, he has already won a comp, im probably going there
It would a dilemma alright. He could be foregoing around 1 million over a 3 year deal to go to the Roosters.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
It would a dilemma alright. He could be foregoing around 1 million over a 3 year deal to go to the Roosters.
i think the decision would be around the after football life and what both can provide

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
i think the decision would be around the after football life and what both can provide
Absolutely, You never know when it's gonna finish.Smith got KO'd a couple of times this year. He wouldn't be the first player to retire prematurely from repeated head knocks

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Absolutely, You never know when it's gonna finish.Smith got KO'd a couple of times this year. He wouldn't be the first player to retire prematurely from repeated head knocks
100% i had a broken tibia and fibia in lower leg, gonesky. you never know when it can happen unfortunately

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh fuck NO!

Just strengthening the case of a 2024 GF win.

PS it was the cocks that beat us in 74, not the dragqueens
I'm all for 2024 too but 74 was the Langlands white boots hammering when Rorters smashed the Dragons. We were unlucky in 79.