NRL are biased and the game is becoming softer by the week.

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Enough is enough. Bulldogs are getting the wrong end of the pineapple week in week out both on and off the field and serious questions have to asked.

As if referees giving multiple 6 agains to the opposing sides when we’ve had players all over us for an eternity and nothing happens was bad enough.

I hear this morning Luke Thompson is going to be charged for a late hit! I agree it was late and deserved a penalty but nothing more, the 10 minute sin bin was an absolute joke and now a 3 week ban reduced to 2 if he pleads guilty! What a F’N JOKE!

Thompson did hit him late but was stopping on the point of impact he did not forcibly hit Brailey hard, late yes, penalty awarded but that’s it. Brailey then put on his best acting performance and once the refs were again duped whether that’s on field or in the bunker they hammer us.

I’ve seen worse from the likes of what Napa did at the Rorters when he rearranged the face of a few players for the same punishment and Jarred W-H gets away with a LOT worse at the Rorters.

This has to STOP NOW!

Over to you GUS!

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Enough is enough. Bulldogs are getting the wrong end of the pineapple week in week out both on and off the field and serious questions have to asked.

As if referees giving multiple 6 agains to the opposing sides when we’ve had players all over us for an eternity and nothing happens was bad enough.

I hear this morning Luke Thompson is going to be charged for a late hit! I agree it was late and deserved a penalty but nothing more, the 10 minute sin bin was an absolute joke and now a 3 week ban reduced to 2 if he pleads guilty! What a F’N JOKE!

Thompson did hit him late but was stopping on the point of impact he did not forcibly hit Brailey hard, late yes, penalty awarded but that’s it. Brailey then put on his best acting performance and once the refs were again duped whether that’s on field or in the bunker they hammer us.

I’ve seen worse from the likes of what Napa did at the Rorters when he rearranged the face of a few players for the same punishment and Jarred W-H gets away with a LOT worse at the Rorters.

This has to STOP NOW!

Over to you GUS!

Dogs4eva13

Previously James Cochrane
Reaction score
I think in this case may be worth challenging. We have been a bit too soft in accepting rediculous penalties. Worse case scenerio if he misses more games, less chance of getting injured for next year.

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Have a look at the Broncos game.

They got 5 penalties and 2 set restarts and 55 percent possession of the ball against Penrith. Granted the Panthers were playing rancid but they also KOed a player high and only had the player in the bin for 10 minutes. If that was Thompson or Hetherington that would've been straight up off the field at the 3rd minute mark.

Ladder position only goes so far and we need to take a much tougher stance as to why we are getting penalised as heavily as we are and the Broncos who are just as bad as us are getting a fair go at it.

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Have a look at the Broncos game.

They got 5 penalties and 2 set restarts and 55 percent possession of the ball against Penrith. Granted the Panthers were playing rancid but they also KOed a player high and only had the player in the bin for 10 minutes. If that was Thompson or Hetherington that would've been straight up off the field at the 3rd minute mark.

Ladder position only goes so far and we need to take a much tougher stance as to why we are getting penalised as heavily as we are and the Broncos who are just as bad as us are getting a fair go at it.
I hope in 2022 we do a co-captain model. Jacko does the off-field stuff because he works hard and the players respect him. But we need someone on the field that is actually going to challenge the ref.

How many times have you heard Jacko challenge the refs ? He is either too stuffed or too timid. The one that done me was the sin binning he copped against St George. No other captain in the comp would have got binned for that.

The problem is that we need a spine player to share the captaincy with him and we dont really have that. Hopefully that gets sorted for next year

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
How many times have you heard Jacko challenge the refs ?
Without trying, watching live, I counted 4 times in last weekend's game, he even challenged the Captain's Challenge. And that's what was shown on TV, you can bet there was more that they didn't show

Always a Bulldog

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Since Thompson is a Pommy I wonder if he could challenge the NRL Judiciary in the international Court of Arbitration for Sport, claim discrimination and bias in their processes because he's not an Aussie?

Always a Bulldog

Dogmonster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Kids weekend footy is tougher now, they hardly pull up half the amount of indiscretions .

BlackDawg

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The press dont care if a last placed team is ripped off. If you watch the 1st 5 mintues of the last 2 bulldgos games Vossie talks about how player x in the opposition will score multiple tries today and set record X. With no external pressure other than the clubs and fans of the clubs the NRL simply turns a blind eye to the prejudice. I could easily put together 30 occasions where the ref should have pinged the opposition in the last 2 games but nothing occured and the penalty counts against us are so lopped sided a village idiot could easily deduce the obvious bias from the stats. It just does my head in.

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The press dont care if a last placed team is ripped off. If you watch the 1st 5 mintues of the last 2 bulldgos games Vossie talks about how player x in the opposition will score multiple tries today and set record X. With no external pressure other than the clubs and fans of the clubs the NRL simply turns a blind eye to the prejudice. I could easily put together 30 occasions where the ref should have pinged the opposition in the last 2 games but nothing occured and the penalty counts against us are so lopped sided a village idiot could easily deduce the obvious bias from the stats. It just does my head in.
What about Cronullas first try and Voss saying “that looked easy”.

You have one of the best attacking halfbacks in the Como taking on the line and firing a bullet pass to the winger. That would have been a try against a lot of other teams.

Our first try was Thommo running straight through 5 of their forwards. No mention of an easy try

Grunthos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Stop looking for conspiracy theories to blame our woes on, we have a team of inexperienced/remedial knuckleheads with no discipline and no leadership on the field, and that is the main reason why we are playing like rubish and also being penalized out of games nothing more nothing less.

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Let’s not forget Thompson got FIVE weeks at end of last year for allegedly eye gouging James Tamou.

No injury to Tamou who later said “I don’t believe there was any malice in it, he’s not that kind of player”.

That didn’t wash with the NRL judiciary panel who gave him FIVE weeks. Any other club doubt any action would’ve been taken.

Throw in how many games we cop Cummins as referee and he crucifies us. He must orgasm when he sees he’s got our games as he only has to referee one side. That be us.

Chrisaaar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The club really should be sticking up for itself, put together a highlights package from each game showing clear bias by the referees and then go to the media with it / flag it with the nrl.

Yes we'll cop fines etc but at least it'll show us members and fans that enough is enough and the clubs trying to do something about it.

Remember that time they ruled a try as ours as a forward pass? Lol

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We’re so unpopular with NRL officials that we're at the opposite end of the spectrum to toilet paper during a global pandemic.

Only difference we cop more crap.

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hope in 2022 we do a co-captain model. Jacko does the off-field stuff because he works hard and the players respect him. But we need someone on the field that is actually going to challenge the ref.

How many times have you heard Jacko challenge the refs ? He is either too stuffed or too timid. The one that done me was the sin binning he copped against St George. No other captain in the comp would have got binned for that.

The problem is that we need a spine player to share the captaincy with him and we dont really have that. Hopefully that gets sorted for next year
Think that will change soon. I remember Gus talking after one of our NSW losses a few years back when he said the captain should be someone who always gets their hand on the ball ie a spine player.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

This has to STOP NOW!

Over to you GUS!
They'll end up removing tackles completely the way they're going and it will become touch footy. There will probably be sin bins for that too if they touch too hard or too high. Do they realise crowds of people go watch UFC. Cage fighters actually participate knowing and accepting the risks. No-one forces someone to play rugby league or to become a UFC fighter. If they don't like the risks go play soccer.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

The problem is that we need a spine player to share the captaincy with him and we don't really have that. Hopefully that gets sorted for next year
That's one of the reasons they have introduced the set re-starts to stop captains from questioning the referee & wasting time. The dumb thing is that players keep offending because they don't know what they are doing wrong!

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Stop looking for conspiracy theories to blame our woes on, we have a team of inexperienced/remedial knuckleheads with no discipline and no leadership on the field, and that is the main reason why we are playing like rubish and also being penalized out of games nothing more nothing less.
It might help if you actually watched the game before making such a dumb comment.