KAUFUSI FOUND GUILTY - FOUR MATCH SUSPENSION

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
While I don't believe it was worth 4 matches, I'm glad they're consistent in their rulings as they created a precedent when Luke Thompson copped a similar penalty for a similar incident a few years back.

If Kaufusi didn't get time the NRL match review committee would have lost all credibility.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Consistency is the minimum requirement. I'd hoped that if he had gotten off our club would have been all over it. Maybe at some level they already have been...

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It is a shame, but the NRL sowed the seeds of this a number of seasons ago.
I’ll be surprised if the game is still going by 2030. Not criticising the stance on heavy shots, it’s just the reality of the situation. Concussion/CTE etc, cannot be avoided in rugby league, without completely changing the game. Even this season we’ve already got mandatory 11 day rest after certain HIA results. Category 1? Wait until later in the season when teams need wins to make finals or to win finals. It’s going to rule out several crucial players, which in turn will weaken their teams and it will likely come down to who gets luckiest with avoiding these incidents, which determines who wins.

ddt192

The Blue N White Butcher Stripe
Reaction score
Suck shit biggest grub in the game lmao hope bronx son these *****

Disposable Hero

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
While I don't believe it was worth 4 matches, I'm glad they're consistent in their rulings as they created a precedent when Luke Thompson copped a similar penalty for a similar incident a few years back.

If Kaufusi didn't get time the NRL match review committee would have lost all credibility.
It's called Karma. Fucker has gotten away with alot of dirty shit for some time now

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I’ll be surprised if the game is still going by 2030. Not criticising the stance on heavy shots, it’s just the reality of the situation. Concussion/CTE etc, cannot be avoided in rugby league, without completely changing the game. Even this season we’ve already got mandatory 11 day rest after certain HIA results. Category 1? Wait until later in the season when teams need wins to make finals or to win finals. It’s going to rule out several crucial players, which in turn will weaken their teams and it will likely come down to who gets luckiest with avoiding these incidents, which determines who wins.
The 11 day rule was brought in quick smart, which perhaps indicates that indeed more changes are in the pipeline. The strategy would be to make the changes over time, spread out the discontent. The game will look different in 2030, no question, the question is how different, and will people still be following it?

EL Hefe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nrl360 tried so hard to influence the decision to downgrade/ get him off. Looks like Fox tried to pump up this game as a blockbuster but blew up in their faces...

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I totally agree with you, the problem stems from the fact that players have become stronger more athletic at a faster rate than the body is able to absurb the impact of the body clashes, that why some have said that they find the junior and girls games more entertaining.
Thats why I believe that for any rembelence of the game is to survive, a completely new game would have to be developed.
One of the first thing they tell you at engineering school is that you have to see in your mind the finish product working, before you put pen to paper or these days (fingers to the key board).
Unfortunately their obviously is'nt to many people with engineering nouse involved in running the game.