Search results

1. Izzy Forreal

Vale: Izzy Forreal

Hi everyone out there in Bulldog land, Just letting everyone know that Izzy Forreal passed away at 12:33pm today after a five and a half year battle with cancer. He is laying down in his bulldog t-shirt ready for his final match. The one thing that put a smile on his face, regardless of the...
  2. Izzy Forreal

Was it a head-butt?

It appears that Will Hopoate has suffered at least two serious injuries; a fracture and severe concussion. We all know that rugby league is a very tough and physical game and accidents do happen. However in Will Hopoate's case I believe he suffered from a head-butt, not an accidental head...
  3. Izzy Forreal

Ben Cummins Bias

When Josh Morris scored his first try Cummins immediately called no try and asked for a knock on from the BUNKER. There was no obvious knock in real time and neither touch judge indicated a knock on. So why would Cummins want one called? Answer: He wants us to fail. When Greg Eastwood got...
  4. Izzy Forreal

Will there be any changes in 2017?

According to Zero Tackle the Bulldogs have signed Tom Carr, Josh Cleeland, Richard Kennar, Brenko Lee, Rhyse Martin, Francis Tualau, Zac Woolford along with mid season pick ups Lachlan Lewis, Raymond Faitala-Mariner, Asipeli Fine. Lewis, Cleeland, Kennar, Lee and Carr being backs, Tualau a...
  5. Izzy Forreal

The Last Post

I've followed the Bulldogs since 1962; that is 55 seasons. And bloody hell, there have been plenty of lows but they were eclipsed by the highs. It was reading Papa Het's post: "A large proportion of once loyal fans have given up on the team". Having read it through I thought "Yeah. Fuck it...
  6. Izzy Forreal

Would a reshuffle our forward pack give us more punch?

As I see it the way our forward pack is structured, plus the way they play has as much power as a pop gun. A good example is Michael Lichaa's NRL stats vs Cowboys: Minutes played 80 - Runs 0 - Metres ran 0 - Tackles 60. With the Cowboys having 58% possession 60 tackles is great but with the...
  7. Izzy Forreal

Bulldogs hooker

There has been plenty of agitated discussion regarding the loss of Ennis and the gaining of Lichaa. The pros and cons seem to be pretty even overall; some of us sticking rigidly to "Its all Hasler's fault". So all I'm after is an opinion. on whether 20 year old Bryson Garlick, our NSW Cup...
  8. Izzy Forreal

what's the go if Raelene Castle is appointed the NRL's next CEO?

From the Sydney Morning Herald on 19 Jan 2016: "Raelene Castle and Todd Greenberg in contention to become new NRL chief executive". Personally I think Greenberg would have patted enough backs and kissed enough clackers to get the job. But... although the appointment will not be made until...
  9. Izzy Forreal

Too quiet at the Bulldogs

I've noticed that this off season has been the Bulldogs quietest I can remember. There has been no dramatic discussion about Hodkinson's knee operation because he's gone. Our problem children Loko and Ese'ese have been let loose. There has been no flapping and squawking about our game breaker...
  10. Izzy Forreal

Tim Lafai - Should we keep him or let him go?

From the Sydney Morning Herald: St George Illawarra Dragons ready to swoop for Canterbury Bulldogs' Tim Lafai Going on Lafai's efforts in the 2015 season what's the verdict fellas?
  11. Izzy Forreal

Retention and Recruitment

For the 2016 season Gains: Brad Abbey - Graham Clark - Kerrod Holland Losses: Damien Cook - Frank Pritchard - Corey Thompson - Trent Hodkinson Brad Abbey is an 18 year old, Kerrod Holland a 23 year old "gun" who hasn't cracked first grade yet with Graham Clark being an unknown...
  12. Izzy Forreal

ARLC approves central command centre

The Australian Rugby League Commission has approved the implementation of a Central Command Centre for video referee reviews, starting in the 2016 season. Head of Football Todd Greenberg said the new centre, which will be a first for Australian sport, will be based at NEP Australia at...
  13. Izzy Forreal

The Gerard Sutton Factor

In today's game against Cronulla the Bulldogs showed no aggression in defence and spent most of the game in their own half. I was surprised that James Graham and David Klemmer (although he was heavily marked) made next to no impact on the game. But then I thought about the fallout from the...
  14. Izzy Forreal

Trent Hodkinson's disappointment

Newcastle Knights-bound Trent Hodkinson 'disappointed' to leave Bulldogs NSW halfback Trent Hodkinson was left "very disappointed" at not being able to secure a long-term contract extension with the Bulldogs before signing a three-year deal to join Newcastle from next year. From Sydney...
  15. Izzy Forreal

Trent Hodkinson and Tony Williams impact on our attack

Just my opinion, but when Hodkinson and Williams are not in the team everything seems to go a lot better. Please give me your thoughts on "the missing effect" (Trent and Tonys impact on our attack).
  16. Izzy Forreal

What happened to our lead against the Raiders?

We were at Emu Plains with our daughter, son in law and grandkids when the game started and only saw the score at 12-0. When I had finished packing the car to come home we were 26-0 in front. When we got home to Helensburgh I found that we had won 41-34. Did the Bulldogs collapse or did...
  17. Izzy Forreal

Video refs to trial "The Bunker"

NRL set for mid-season trial of video referee bunker system From the Herald: "The NRL is set to trial an NHL-style video referee bunker midway through the season to determine whether it produces better and faster decisions. NRL head of football Todd Greenberg said the video referees would...
  18. Izzy Forreal

Jacob Loko and his recovery from injury

Hello Kennelers, having read through some of the past posts re Jacob Loko I've seen him as "he's a monster" - "he'll be a great backrower" - "he should play fullback". I'll leave where he will play up to Des, but what I'd like to know is how he is the reality of his recovery from his knee...
  19. Izzy Forreal

Where do we go from here?

Earlier in the season when the Bulldogs won three consecutive games by the single point. I didn't think that we were lucky, I thought that our relentless defence and mental toughness had hit a new high. And was here to stay. But I was wrong. After that the wheels got wobbly but in rounds 17...
  20. Izzy Forreal

What has really gone wrong with the Bulldogs

Earlier this season we were leading the competition with a healthy for & against points buffer. This was built on tough stonewall defence, incredible mental toughness, a will to win and the ability to always score enough points. Then came the Origin and injury times. The Origin is long...
  21. Izzy Forreal

Josh Hoffman - Broncos five eighth

No... this is not another "Bulldogs to sign Josh Hoffman" thread But Hoffman has been selected at five eighth in the Bulldogs v Broncos operer tomorrow night. All I want to know is how good he might be playing that position. Please let rip with how you rate him there guys.
  22. Izzy Forreal

Wigan Warriors halfback Blake Green keen on NRL return

This is from the Sydney Morning Herald: "The 27-year-old has blossomed in the Super League since joining Hull KR in 2011, culminating in a man-of-the-match performance for Wigan in their grand final win last year in his first season at the club. Green left the NRL unable to secure a...
  23. Izzy Forreal

Josh Charnley - Wigan ESL

G'day fellas, I've seen a bit about the Wigan flanker Josh Charnley wanting to play in the NRL; also that he is on the Bulldogs radar. Does anyone have the good drum on whether the Bulldogs really want him and if so what chance we have of getting his signature. From what I've read about him...
  24. Izzy Forreal

Damien Cook - Could he be our next hooker?

The Bulldogs signed former Dragon Damien Cook for 2014 and 2015. While wee were at the butcher's picking up the ham and turkey this morning he mentioned that Damien, usually a fullback, had been training in the hooker position. Does anyone know if this is fair dinkum? And if so does it...
  25. Izzy Forreal

Sprint coach Clayton Kearney and Halves coach Matt Orford... are they here?

I watched the Roosters v Dragons game today and one aspect of the Roosters play stood out like a beacon. Their go forward. Its simple stuff. it starts from the dummy half stepping forward and passig the ball to a runner who is already on the boil. The runner hits the line hard, is not...
  26. Izzy Forreal

Are the footballs different this season?

The number of penalties that have been awarded from "out on the full" kick offs is far higher than previous seasons. Has the compound used to make Steeden footballs been changed? With so many kick offs out on the full it may be worthwhile for our guys to practice a kick chase on kick offs...
  27. Izzy Forreal

Season Ending Injuries - What are the real recovery stories

In the 2012 season Tim Lafai, Steve Turner, Mitch Brown and Trent Hodkinson all had season ending injuries. Lafai and Turner both had repeat injuries to their shoulder and knee respetively with Hodkinson injuring his knee and then his shoulder and Brown a knee injury. As the Bulldogs...
  28. Izzy Forreal

Michael Jennings - Worth a contract or just damaged goods?

It looks like the Telegraph's report of Penrith's centre Michael Jennings signing with the Roosters is not a done deal with other clubs chasing him. So... would Jennings be an asset for the Bulldogs or is he just damaged goods. IMO he's somewhere in between leaning to damaged. I'm looking...
  29. Izzy Forreal

Where's the mongrel going to come from

Okay, we've won twelve on the trot and there's no way anyone can knock that. Its been a top team effort from Benny to Big Sam. But the things that really worry me are how we won our last two against the Broncos and Tigers, we had no mongrel in attack or defence. For the first 20 minutes...
  30. Izzy Forreal

Double standards - Or are we just too emotional?

Frank Pritchard charged with a high tackle and got a week suspension Leeson Ah Mau and Michael Weyman laid out a Bulldog each and had no case to answer Manu Vatavei attacked the head of the Eels Willie Tonga and has no case to answer Todd Greenberg said he was "bewildered, confused and...
  31. Izzy Forreal

When will Sean Deaves be ready for first grade?

In 2011 Sean Deaves really impressed me with his Toyota Cup performances on the left wing. This year I think Steve Turner will resume on the right wing. That leaves Goodwin, Wright, Lett and the veteran import Luke MacDoudall for the no.5 jersey, and out of this lot Goodwin, Wright and Lett...
  32. Izzy Forreal

Is it too good to be true?

With James Gavet adding more firepower to the Bulldogs forwards what else do we need? There's Taupau and Gavet who can match it in pace with the backs and are are tough as ironbark. James Graham is the front rowere we've needed for years, Tolman to do what he did last year with mongrel and...
  33. Izzy Forreal

Is Samisoni Langi the one we need?

The Bulldogs are desperate to find a five eighth for 2012. Personally, I think Samisoni Langi in the Toyota Cup could be the one to do the job. What are your opinions?