Where do we go from here?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Earlier in the season when the Bulldogs won three consecutive games by the single point. I didn't think that we were lucky, I thought that our relentless defence and mental toughness had hit a new high. And was here to stay. But I was wrong.

After that the wheels got wobbly but in rounds 17 and 18 we beat both Manly and Melbourne. I thought that we had stabilised but we hadn't. In the last eight rounds it was two wins and six losses.

On occasions our defence has been exceptional, but on others it has been totally disorganised

Our attack has been slow, has had no set plays or variation for two years and goes sideways more often than forward.

So where do we go from here?

FaceBreaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Least we can look forward to 2015 where we have a decent number 9. This season is gone no doubt about that.

markyw78

Waterboy
Reaction score
And also Mitch brown goes, can't wait for that. Almost have a heart attack any time the play goes bear the guy.

But what a combo for the sharks next year, jonno wright and Mitch brown!

korrmatta1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
and also mitch brown goes, can't wait for that. Almost have a heart attack any time the play goes bear the guy.

But what a combo for the sharks next year, jonno wright and mitch brown!
lmfaooo

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Didnt we sign johno wright
thats nearly as funny as our loss to a third string titans side

Bakes

The REAL Bakes
Reaction score
We go to Melbourne, no point whinging anymore. If we had of won we would still have been going to Melbourne

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Didnt we sign johno wright
thats nearly as funny as our loss to a third string titans sid
e
Geez finchie, I hope your sense of humour isn't contagious. :grinning:

But back to reality I read here on The Kennel that we had signed Wright but I haven't seen it on any player movement websites.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I dont want it to be true at all izzy

simooo

Waterboy
Reaction score
Hope for a good performance next week. I don't see us making it far in the finals this year due to our weak attitude and woeful form. In terms of next year, Lichaa will make a difference but I don't believe Ennis is our biggest issue. Hopefully we see Mbye/Reynolds halves pairing as Hodkinson is useless.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Do our best to beat the Storm and move on lol, we have the ability but we aren't playing to it for some reason.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Hope for a good performance next week. I don't see us making it far in the finals this year due to our weak attitude and woeful form. In terms of next year, Lichaa will make a difference but I don't believe Ennis is our biggest issue. Hopefully we see Mbye/Reynolds halves pairing as Hodkinson is useless.
Reynolds is useless too, not just Hokko.

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We can win, but it won't be through our attack. Our defense when its at its best can shut out any team

simooo

Waterboy
Reaction score
Reynolds is useless too, not just Hokko.
Reynolds had a hand in first 2 tries from what I can remember. He has his downfalls but he brings energy and effort (sometimes too much) which most of our team lacks.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
[video=youtube;b30z0-a1FtQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b30z0-a1FtQ[/video]

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
We go straight to the Flight Centre to book end of season trips.

Guardog

You Dirty Dog
Reaction score
Earlier in the season when the Bulldogs won three consecutive games by the single point. I didn't think that we were lucky, I thought that our relentless defence and mental toughness had hit a new high. And was here to stay. But I was wrong.

After that the wheels got wobbly but in rounds 17 and 18 we beat both Manly and Melbourne. I thought that we had stabilised but we hadn't. In the last eight rounds it was two wins and six losses.

On occasions our defence has been exceptional, but on others it has been totally disorganised

Our attack has been slow, has had no set plays or variation for two years and goes sideways more often than forward.

So where do we go from here?
From here mate, we go to Melbourne, and then into our off season.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
No way, we are competitive.
We couldn't hold out the Rabbits for five, then we got pipped by that because Hokko is the field goal King but the ball went to Reynolds who is not mentally game fit.
We are in this shit till the end.

Horny Wog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
if we do not sign a FB, i sure hope Des puts the foot down and makes Morris play FB next year.

Morris
Perrett
Loko
Lafai
Rona

Hodkos contract is up next year and if he doesnt wake up there are alot of quality halves off contract at the end of 2015.

Status
Not open for further replies.