Status
Not open for further replies.

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Newcastle Knights-bound Trent Hodkinson 'disappointed' to leave Bulldogs

NSW halfback Trent Hodkinson was left "very disappointed" at not being able to secure a long-term contract extension with the Bulldogs before signing a three-year deal to join Newcastle from next year.

From Sydney Morning Herald July 10, 2015 - 6:13PM

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
There is no way I'm bagging Hodko on a lack of football ability - he has got plenty of it.

But what happened is that he again injured his knee two games prior to the 2014 grand final and played the grand final with that injury. He had unsuccessful off season surgery and has played on one leg all season. Did he really expect the bulldogs to extend his contract when in reality the injury can only get worse?

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
There is no way I'm bagging Hodko on a lack of football ability - he has got plenty of it.

But what happened is that he again injured his knee two games prior to the 2014 grand final and played the grand final with that injury. He had unsuccessful off season surgery and has played on one leg all season. Did he really expect the bulldogs to extend his contract when in reality the injury can only get worse?
Agree. If he has another injury his career might be over. We couldn't take that risk of signing up a player like Trent long term. His form also didn't warrant the money he was talking about. Best of luck to him at the knights.

Raysie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I don't care how disappointed he is. We've been disappointed in him all year.

Choice was either he or Mbye/Reynolds - who are fitter, faster, more talented and currently more cheaper.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...ointed-to-leave-bulldogs-20150710-gi8l8g.html

I'm playing the worlds smallest violin.

I'm going to be blunt here: This is what happens when you play like crap.

If anyone should be disappointed it shouldn't be Hodko, it should be the fans.

As fans we are sick of the same boring 5th tackle catch and pass options. We are sick of his dud kicks in play. We are sick of him not running the ball and absolutely killing momentum.

I'm YET to see him explain why the start to the 2015 season was so utterly crap from him.

2011 - He came to us. Barba's breakout season. He won 54.55% of games he played in.
2012 - Plays 6 games and is gone for the season. Barba has another decent season. Best Bulldogs season under Hasler (and in recent years). We win minor premiership. Knee craps out on him 6 games in.
2013 - Top point scorer this season. Dogs bomb out in Quarter finals.
2014 - Decent until Origin, sh1thouse after. Knee craps out at end of season again. Has off season knee surgery.
2015 - Worst season to date. Can't run, can't kick goals, can't kick in general play, and can only catch and pass. Has a breakout game just before Origin 3 for the Dogs, hitting his best form since 2013.

Sorry snowflake ... you're just like everyone else. If you don't do the job people pay you good money for, you get moved on.

Raikkonen

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Let's not sugar coat things, he wasn't up to scratch.

I wish him him well at the Knights.

nassman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would argue that in the last few weeks he's been back in form, but anyone can see the damage that his continued injuries have done to his effectiveness as a halfback.

Who knows, he may never get another knee injury and go on to kill it at the knights, and truthfully I hope he does exactly that.

Mbye is a future star, has a full arsenal of attacking skills and is a natural footballer. He's already demonstrated that he can remain calm under pressure and It's clear to see that we're much more dangerous with him in the starting squad. Very happy with the decision the club made.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hey hodko.. bulldog supporters have been far more disappointed for a longer a period of time.. I am of course referring to the sane supporters.. the delusional supporters have been overwhelmed with your performances no matter what

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
He got payed to play like shit - and we had to pay to watch him play like shit.

No sympathy here.

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
Even if Hodko was back to his best we played slow and won by a couple of points Reynolds/mbye combination is far more threatening and have much more points in us

Trendsetter

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Hope his new contract comes with a box of tissues and a tampon.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Credit where due .. Trent had a pretty good game tonight.

Ran the ball more (I don't understand why he doesn't do it more) and made a lovely line break for the first try.

Goal kicking is bang on.

Still needs some work with 5th tackle options, but might actually be starting to play into some form.

Re the 3 halves Gould made a good comment tonight that perhaps 3 halves in a side is making them underplay, as they are too busy wondering when they will get hooked.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Credit where due .. Trent had a pretty good game tonight.

Ran the ball more (I don't understand why he doesn't do it more) and made a lovely line break for the first try.

Goal kicking is bang on.

Still needs some work with 5th tackle options, but might actually be starting to play into some form.

Re the 3 halves Gould made a good comment tonight that perhaps 3 halves in a side is making them underplay, as they are too busy wondering when they will get hooked.
I think since origin 2 he has played much better. Maybe the time off gave him some time to get his knee better. And it showed in his running game recently. He has probably had 3 games in the last 4 or 5 weeks so he should be fit and ready to go into the finals.

If he played like this from round 1 you would think he would have been here long term. But the short pre season and rushing back didn't help him. Best thing he could have done from the start was to sit out a few months to get it right rather then hobbling through games and being a passenger.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Apart from his early break he didn't do much. Only kicked 4 times all game and didn't get his hands on the ball enough.

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Apart from his early break he didn't do much. Only kicked 4 times all game and didn't get his hands on the ball enough.
Did a poor kick for touch as well, 15ms I think it made. Seems to be getting better with his goal kicking though

DOGGIESSTYLE

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why the hell is he playing better now after his signed signed with another club what a cu*nt

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
unsighted after linebreak and try assist .. Reynolds was far more threatening and involved

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
good luck to hodko, id love to see him kill it playing for the knights, and id love to see how hodkos haters react if mbye doesnt live up to expectations

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
unsighted after linebreak and try assist .. Reynolds was far more threatening and involved
we should put a poster up with Hodko picture saying missing ,have you seen this man last seen throwing a pass to Prichard lol

Status
Not open for further replies.