Is Samisoni Langi the one we need?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
The Bulldogs are desperate to find a five eighth for 2012.

Personally, I think Samisoni Langi in the Toyota Cup could be the one to do the job. What are your opinions?

HazElMagic

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
6. Joel Romelo
7. Trent Hodkinson
9. Michael Ennis
14. Josh Reynolds

18. Kris Keating

We don't need another inexperienced 5/8 in our FG squad just yet

Last edited by a moderator:

dogsday

Kennel Participant
Gilded
Reaction score
Should Keeting be not be number be no.39 pick.

~stacie

Michael Ennis ♥
Reaction score
Can we remember that there is quite a difference between NYC & First Grade? He'll need a few years to develop firstly. Come on guys, be realistic.

ajay78

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
If your good enough then your old enough, ala Lui, Miller, Seijca(panthers) , Williams(raiders) etc. Langi has great size for a 5/8 and I would persist with him there.

I think a good off- season and full year in 20's for 2012. Followed by another off-season And I'd play him in cup, may get a look in of the bench here n there.

Naki

Kennel Established
Reaction score
If your good enough then your old enough, ala lui, Miller, Seijca(panthers) , Williams(raiders) etc. Langi has great size for a 5/8 and I would persist with him there.

I think a good off- season and full year in 20's for 2012. Followed by another off-season And I'd play him in cup, may get a look in of the bench here n there.
Lui is a ****ing flop, he plays outside benji, benji makes him look good lol.

S

Shermy

He is 18 and only just cemented his spot somewhat. Let the kid grow and develop and dominate 20s. This thread is very premature.

BaYry Ward

Former Immortal
Reaction score
Romelo is an angry little man and I love a lot about his game but there's no way he's a long term 5/8 solution. Not if we want to score points once in a while.

will.i.am

Benchwarmer
Reaction score
Not ready yet.

Same argument when a player comes onto the scene in NYC and clearly dominates the competition. When he is promoted to first grade too early and his confidence lacks.

Give the kid time.

Sull

Whitaker Eye
Reaction score
Years away. Even if he develops into FG it won't be before 2013-14.

HazElMagic

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Romelo is an angry little man and I love a lot about his game but there's no way he's a long term 5/8 solution. Not if we want to score points once in a while.
None of them are 5/8ths to be honest.
We still have Kris Keating who has only played a few games under Dymock and has improved greatly.
Anyway defence is more important than attack anyway, and until' we can't find someone who is a better attacker and defender than who we already have, then we just need to use someone who is already in our squad.

All I'm saying is that we don't need another young, inexperienced 5/8 in our first-grade squad.

Last edited by a moderator:
B

Baghdatis

No way. The few NYC games i have seen his defence is SHOCKING. Let in about 4 tries against the roosters a month ago. Not read just yet. But in attack he looks the goods.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Langi is good but he's still too young. A few years of defensive traing and he'll be great. He already has a very strong, Todd carney like running game.

KLil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Once ennis returns u'll have Romelo, reynolds and keating fighting for that postion so expect the best from those players next yr. For me letting romelo and reynolds do their thing whilst hoko managers the field with ennis is the right idea. In time they'll generate more skill, adapt to the 5/8 position, working and communicating with the outside backs as well as displaying their vicious defence. the team is sweet except for the left wing position so stop whinging bout 5/8z cause the dogs have good replacements already there.

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Once ennis returns u'll have Romelo, reynolds and keating fighting for that postion so expect the best from those players next yr. For me letting romelo and reynolds do their thing whilst hoko managers the field with ennis is the right idea. In time they'll generate more skill, adapt to the 5/8 position, working and communicating with the outside backs as well as displaying their vicious defence. the team is sweet except for the left wing position so stop whinging bout 5/8z cause the dogs have good replacements already there.
What the hell are you talking about?? am I missing something?

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
I dont believe he is years away. Its possible during the year he could get a game. The bloke's a big boy. He is a very solid ball runner and passer. Needs to develop more of a kick and vision but that comes with experience.

Def wont be considered early on, but its not impossible that during the year he could get a go. If we are playing well though, i doubt he will be considered until 2013

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I love you. You're always the one I can rely upon for reason on here Baz just when I think everyone is crazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.