Fox Sports Joe Tapine - Could He Be On The Outer At Raiders

Turvey Chip and Chase

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think we pick up Topine (if available), B Smith and Finucane and we start to look a lot heavier. Maybe an edge back rower. Pushing the barrow here, but Hynes too would be a great acquisition.

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Joe Tapine played fantastic last night - Exactly the type of forward to suit the current game.

The reliable whisper I got just recently is that he is very seriously considering moving out of the capital at seasons end.

The fact that Baz continues to talk about recruiting the right players suited to the current rules hopefully has him at the forefront of our radar.

He would be huge for us.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Joe Tapine played fantastic last night - Exactly the type of forward to suit the current game.

The reliable whisper I got just recently is that he is very seriously considering moving out of the capital at seasons end.

The fact that Baz continues to talk about recruiting the right players suited to the current rules hopefully has him at the forefront of our radar.

He would be huge for us.
I've always rated him and would love for us to sign him. He made 234 metres last night off the bench in only 44 minutes.

Malla

Reaction score

He would be huge for us.
Agree, would be awesome playing for us. I would much rather him than TPJ, would be a lot cheaper as well.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I've always rated him and would love for us to sign him. He made 234 metres last night off the bench in only 44 minutes.
That’s more then our entire starting forwards make in a game :tongueclosed:

Beast of a game though. And if your coach can’t iron out differences and get your stars happy and get the best out of them, then you probably need a new coach. Ricky seems more like the problem then the playing group. Tapine and Hodgson would get us competitive 8-) just like staggs and ennis transformed us in 09. Hope the powers that be are pursing this instead of dufty and woods :p

Dogmonster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Give them Jackson too, i don't see him as a threat in attack at all, seriously a waste of space.

Dogmonster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Yes I know but there isn't many nil all scoreline anymore and he struggles in attack and does miss tackles. There are better younger ones coming through, new back rower at manly looks good.

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Having Gus on board now gives us a huge advantage in grabbing any unwanted contracted Raiders players.

Gus & Ricky are still best of mates, & contracted players need permission for release meaning they need also to agree where they go.

I think this certainly puts swap deals up for discussion.

Canberra is a nice place Herb!!!

astroboy

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Having Gus on board now gives us a huge advantage in grabbing any unwanted contracted Raiders players.

Gus & Ricky are still best of mates, & contracted players need permission for release meaning they need also to agree where they go.

I think this certainly puts swap deals up for discussion.

Canberra is a nice place Herb!!!
They can transfer Allan, Waddell and Elliot for Tapine.