Fox Sports Joe Tapine - Could He Be On The Outer At Raiders

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Hi All

No Source, No Intel - Just a cryptic message from his wife aimed right at the forehead of Joe's Coach Ricky Stuart.

IMO, A happy player would not be in a position where his wife would do this & I think it's game on.

Zero tackle has him off contract in 2023 so it would be a long shot.

But after being singled out & dropped, then given limited minutes he may be starting to shake the tree.

I would absolutely love to pick him up for our club if possible & bring together the "pine" brothers - Joe Tapine & Jackson Topine!!!

Joe's wife has fired the first shot, now it's over to you Ricky.

One thing is for sure, you can guarantee Joe will be called into Ricky's office this week for a chat.

Last edited:

Malla

Reaction score
No chance they let him go, just a storm in a tea cup.

But I think this probably highlights Raiders problem in that they have too much depth in the forwards. Few big names miss out and all of a sudden they chuck a stink. Good to have on paper but practically not the best way to do it.

Would not mind a crack at some of their other big boys like Sutton or Horsborough.

dekepefc

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He'd be great. But I can't see it happening.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I don't think any coach would want that women commenting on their coaching after every loss.... Ricky can keep her.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Something has to give at Canberra eventually. They need to change things up and they have way too many good forwards to keep them and play them all.

Surely at least one of Tapine, Horsburgh, Guler, Young, Sutton, James has to be on the move and I'd be happy with any of those guys.

In relation to Tapine's missus, she should stop making any comments because it's only making things worse.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
We're getting Papalii instead

Cujo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Hi All

No Source, No Intel - Just a cryptic message from his wife aimed right at the forehead of Joe's Coach Ricky Stuart.

IMO, A happy player would not be in a position where his wife would do this & I think it's game on.

Zero tackle has him off contract in 2023 so it would be a long shot.

But after being singled out & dropped, then given limited minutes he may be starting to shake the tree.

I would absolutely love to pick him up for our club if possible & bring together the "pine" brothers - Joe Tapine & Jackson Topine!!!

Joe's wife has fired the first shot, now it's over to you Ricky.

One thing is for sure, you can guarantee Joe will be called into Ricky's office this week for a chat.
Absolutely!
No way Sticky would put up with a player's "other" calling him out!!
Happy to have him here if the price was right.
When he is engaged he is a devastating player with fantastic footwork near the line & can put on a shot too!!

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Love how the article says....
"Underperforming Canberra coach Ricky Stuart.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
She just made it worse on her husband. She reminds me of some of my Under 9 players mum's whinging their kids don't get enough game time.

Some people just don't understand.
it never stops mate

Reactions: ATT