Fox Sports Joe Tapine - Could He Be On The Outer At Raiders

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Play TPJ in the middle and sign Tapine instead of Vaughan !

Dogmonster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
No he would be wasted in the middle, need strike out wide, get Vaughn and Joseph Tapine.

Dogmonster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Our current back row couldn't slice through butter, all of them included need to go to win a premiership. Best scenario.
11.TPJ. 13. Tapine. 12. RFM/ Papali'i.

Dogmonster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Need Jackson there
Club legend I take that, good defender yes, every player misses tackles even him, strike power in attack lacking for 600k, also signed for a few more years, other clubs would take a punt on him now, not when it's to late though.
Look at this without emotion and as a business decision that you have to win a grand final. If it meant you could afford brandon Smith, and another front rower or Papali'i off parra. Or swap him for Tapine.
What if we had of only offered josh 250k a year would he have stayed. These are the things Gus will look at, at penrith Gus got rid of wade Graham and Luke Lewis who were both elite, those players I can't understand why, 2004 since last premership. I like jacko and his efforts, he could be a benefit for 1 more year but not beyond.
Question is how long will Gus wait.

Malla

Reaction score
Club legend I take that, good defender yes, every player misses tackles even him, strike power in attack lacking for 600k, also signed for a few more years, other clubs would take a punt on him now, not when it's to late though.
Look at this without emotion and as a business decision that you have to win a grand final. If it meant you could afford brandon Smith, and another front rower or Papali'i off parra. Or swap him for Tapine.
What if we had of only offered josh 250k a year would he have stayed. These are the things Gus will look at, at penrith Gus got rid of wade Graham and Luke Lewis who were both elite, those players I can't understand why, 2004 since last premership. I like jacko and his efforts, he could be a benefit for 1 more year but not beyond.
Question is how long will Gus wait.
Gus has spoken loudly about the Bulldogs needing to go back to play like the Bulldogs and Jackson is Bulldogs through and through so Jackson will be with us until he retires and so he should. He is our captain and leader, he deserves it for putting up with all the bullshit over the last 6 years, showing up every week and putting his heart and soul into it and not once complaining.

Stop being silly.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Gus has spoken loudly about the Bulldogs needing to go back to play like the Bulldogs and Jackson is Bulldogs through and through so Jackson will be with us until he retires and so he should. He is our captain and leader, he deserves it for putting up with all the bullshit over the last 6 years, showing up every week and putting his heart and soul into it and not once complaining.

Stop being silly.
jacko brings culture also, he needs to be there. Agree his price is high tho.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Once more, his "price" isn't high, the only "price" that matters is what is included in the Cap.

It's important to always keep in mind that the average for a player in the 30 is $9.5m / 30 = ~$317k

The only thing that farkin matters is how much is in the Cap, what is not in the Cap is totally irrelevant. For a start we would loose the $200k veteran player allowance (unless we want to give to to Hopoate, who I think is our only other qualifier) and the player that replaces Jackson at Captain could easily ask for up to $100k increase for taking on the responsibility. In typical journalist fashion you can bet the $700k includes things that aren't in the Cap, a car for a start and if I remember rightly Jackson is also on an education allowance. So moving Jackson on may well really only save ~$350k in the Cap.

In Cap terms Jackson is only just above the average for the top 30 player and obviously below the average for top 17 player.

Always a Bulldog

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
One thing I've noticed about Jacko is that the injury he suffered was in some way a blessing in disguise. He needed a reset. He was tired. I also find the new rules suit him even though I loathe them. With more grunt in the engine room next year, I firmly believe he and the Bulldogs will benefit .

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Once more, his "price" isn't high, the only "price" that matters is what is included in the Cap.

It's important to always keep in mind that the average for a player in the 30 is $9.5m / 30 = ~$317k

The only thing that farkin matters is how much is in the Cap, what is not in the Cap is totally irrelevant. For a start we would loose the $200k veteran player allowance (unless we want to give to to Hopoate, who I think is our only other qualifier) and the player that replaces Jackson at Captain could easily ask for up to $100k increase for taking on the responsibility. In typical journalist fashion you can bet the $700k includes things that aren't in the Cap, a car for a start and if I remember rightly Jackson is also on an education allowance. So moving Jackson on may well really only save ~$350k in the Cap.

In Cap terms Jackson is only just above the average for the top 30 player and obviously below the average for top 17 player.

Always a Bulldog
Yeh fair call. If he is on $750k then i still feel he is really a $600k maximum player tho. I don’t think we needed to go that high to keep him. Understand that would not be in the cap but it still costs the bottom line