The Real Outcomes of BLM

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yep. Facebook is trash. Social media in general is trash.
Facebook is the only social media I use apart from TK and it is brutal, and I totally understand why facebook friends choose not to comment or pretend like they're Mother Teresa

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Haha yeah disinformation or is it insightfulness based on observation but dismissed because of an aggressive opposing narrative
No. Generally disinformation. There is disinformation campaigns run online run by the same groups that said that Covid-19 is fake and Bill Gates wants to microchip us

https://www.technologyreview.com/20...-is-riding-on-the-success-of-pandemic-hoaxes/

Government intelligence already confirmed that Russia is involved in the disinformation campaigns in a likely attempt to destabilise America

https://rappler.com/technology/feat...ation-threatens-black-lives-matter-coda-story

https://foreignpolicy.com/2020/07/11/the-curious-case-of-russian-lives-matter/

This is why I say that social media is trash. It provides information that people believe are "facts" and "truth", when it's really just a hoax. And people fall for it 'cause how are they meant to know better? No one is going to spend hours researching a post they saw on Facebook to find out if it's actually true.

Well... No one but me.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Facebook is the only social media I use apart from TK and it is brutal, and I totally understand why facebook friends choose not to comment or pretend like they're Mother Teresa
If you want to hear something interesting, have a listen to Rabbit Hole podcast. It goes into some of the issues with social media, YouTube and other platforms. Basically discusses how their algorithms are designed to keep you watching, clicking and interacting. And they do this by giving you what you want. For example, if you click on one conspiracy video then they'll surround you with conspiracy videos which only reinforces the conspiracy beliefs.

Social media algorithms are considered to be ones of the main things that has created the large bipartisan divide in modern society and lead to things like Trump getting elected.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
No. Generally disinformation. There is disinformation campaigns run online run by the same groups that said that Covid-19 is fake and Bill Gates wants to microchip us

https://www.technologyreview.com/20...-is-riding-on-the-success-of-pandemic-hoaxes/

Government intelligence already confirmed that Russia is involved in the disinformation campaigns in a likely attempt to destabilise America

https://rappler.com/technology/feat...ation-threatens-black-lives-matter-coda-story

https://foreignpolicy.com/2020/07/11/the-curious-case-of-russian-lives-matter/

This is why I say that social media is trash. It provides information that people believe are "facts" and "truth", when it's really just a hoax. And people fall for it 'cause how are they meant to know better? No one is going to spend hours researching a post they saw on Facebook to find out if it's actually true.

Well... No one but me.
Hahaha yes I love the last line.. So glad you do though , weeding out the garbage.

Makes so much sense as to why censorship is important but then it becomes a fine line to encroaching on freedom of speech much like the BLM mission.. It's foundation Statement was to support black peoples rights but now it's been propelled into new heights where it more along the lines of Black lives Matter more.. Using each achievement to gain higher ground . Such as destroying statues to the detriment of those who value them for their own reasons.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Hahaha yes I love the last line.. So glad you do though , weeding out the garbage.

Makes so much sense as to why censorship is important but then it becomes a fine line to encroaching on freedom of speech much like the BLM mission.. It's foundation Statement was to support black peoples rights but now it's been propelled into new heights where it more along the lines of Black lives Matter more.. Using each achievement to gain higher ground . Such as destroying statues to the detriment of those who value them for their own reasons.
That part I generally agree with you on. I'm very much on the side of not destroying statues and not banning shows and stuff.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
That part I generally agree with you on. I'm very much on the side of not destroying statues and not banning shows and stuff.
This is where the BLM authorities need to step in but they don't.. They let things escalate into BLMM (black lives matter more...) .. That's why it's not something I can support.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
The worst offender in the social media market is Twitter. That place is a toxic cess pool from left to right and everyone or thing in-between. Facebook is pretty bad but Twitter is definitely the worst of the worst. I deleted my Twitter account a while back and cut right back on using Facebook. I probably spend too much time on here, but the kennel is more like hanging out at a family reunion, some you love, some you hate, some are crazy and some are just down right entertaining.

Last edited:

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
The worst offender in the social media market is Twitter. That place is a toxic cess pool from left to right and everyone or thing in-between. Facebook is pretty bad but Twitter is definitely the worst of the worst. I deleted my Twitter account a while back and cut right back on using Facebook. I probably spend too much time on here, but the kennel is more like hanging out at a family reunion, some you love, some you hate, some are crazy and some are just down right entertaining.
I can relate. Deactivated my facebook, never had instagram and never had twitter. But I have mates who post religiously on twitter and the place sounds horrific.

I have a linkedin and even linkedin has turned to crap over the past few years. It's supposed to be a professional CV/networking site but in the past few years it's transformed into another politically motivated social media site.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
I can relate. Deactivated my facebook, never had instagram and never had twitter. But I have mates who post religiously on twitter and the place sounds horrific.

I have a linkedin and even linkedin has turned to crap over the past few years. It's supposed to be a professional CV/networking site but in the past few years it's transformed into another politically motivated social media site.
I only use my Facebook here and there to keep intouch with a few close friend's from where I grew up. I have an instagram that I use for my photography stuff, but even then I still hardly use it. I had Twitter, as I mentioned but I never really liked it as a platform. There are a couple of forums I use and I have a Reddit account too. Reddit is just a time filler I use to kill time at work while waiting. You can get some toxic shit on there too, but i mostly look up the funny sub reddits on there.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
A 5 year old indigenous kid gets gangraped by kids ,is it because of the possibility it was indigenous kids who raped the child there is no false social media outrage ?

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
A 5 year old indigenous kid gets gangraped by kids ,is it because of the possibility it was indigenous kids who raped the child there is no false social media outrage ?
It's sad but this shit happens quite often and there was a big social media outrage going on for years that lead to the government closing down Aboriginal communities.

Unfortunately it's much like people dying in the middle east. Eventually people don't want to deal with it so they stop paying attention. And the media knows if they keep printing it then people will avoid their website 'cause that's what we do as humans. If we don't like something, we pretend it doesn't exist.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
It's sad but this shit happens quite often and there was a big social media outrage going on for years that lead to the government closing down Aboriginal communities.

Unfortunately it's much like people dying in the middle east. Eventually people don't want to deal with it so they stop paying attention. And the media knows if they keep printing it then people will avoid their website 'cause that's what we do as humans. If we don't like something, we pretend it doesn't exist.
Like Atheists?

Squash the Berries!

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I only use my Facebook here and there to keep intouch with a few close friend's from where I grew up. I have an instagram that I use for my photography stuff, but even then I still hardly use it. I had Twitter, as I mentioned but I never really liked it as a platform. There are a couple of forums I use and I have a Reddit account too. Reddit is just a time filler I use to kill time at work while waiting. You can get some toxic shit on there too, but i mostly look up the funny sub reddits on there.
What sort of photographs do you take?

Personally a fan of black and white.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
What sort of photographs do you take?

Personally a fan of black and white.
I like black and white too.

Mainly i just do scenery photos. I like taking photos of buildings also as I admire the architecture of certain buildings. Occasionally I do personal photos for people but I prefer capturing scenic photos. It's just a hobby, not trying to do anything with it.

Squash the Berries!

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like black and white too.

Mainly i just do scenery photos. I like taking photos of buildings also as I admire the architecture of certain buildings. Occasionally I do personal photos for people but I prefer capturing scenic photos. It's just a hobby, not trying to do anything with it.
If you haven't been to Miami, you would like the Art Deco Buildings.

I went on two tours of Art Deco Buildings both outside and inside.

Photographers heaven if you enjoy building architecture.