The Real Outcomes of BLM

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
You forgot, "the BLM portrayed by right wing groups"

Which is pretty much what you posted above, "violent anarchist and racist black supremacist"

There's so many myths about the movement and the fact that you spread these myths makes me believe that you either:

1) haven't actually looked very deep into the movement

Or

2) prefer to spread misinformation over truth

https://guap.co.uk/blog/2020/06/23/the-2020-black-lives-matter/

https://www.boomlive.in/world/did-b...protesters-a-fact-check-8542?infinitescroll=1

https://richmondpledge.org/wp-conte...ons-About-the-Black-Lives-Matter-Movement.pdf

https://www.cosmopolitan.com/politics/a32729926/george-floyd-protest-fake-rumors-debunked/

https://www.abc.net.au/news/science...-4chan-shaved-head-woman-photographs/12363952

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2020/jul/06/black-lives-matter-backlash-fake-culture-war

It's funny that you are often so critical of the media and the fake news, but you constantly spread fake news and myth.
I've simply provided a balanced account of what BLM have done. I've provided both sides to this (as I did above). i.e. BLM have been (in part) Anarchist, marxist, supermacist and have also had some good intentions.

The media have only presented the positives (unsurprising given that anyone who argues or disagrees publicly with BLM either loses their job or suffers at the hands of online (or actual physical mobs). It starts getting murky from there because of BLM links to the current cancel culture movements.

I would never post what I've posted about BLM under my actual name because it would be far too dangerous for my career.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I'd love to know what BLM think of the rates of crimes committed by black men, who typically grow up in fatherless households.
The idea that black-on-black crime is not a significant political conversation among black people is patently false. In Chicago, long maligned for its high rates of intraracial murder, members of the community created the Violence Interrupters to disrupt violent altercations before they escalate.
However, those who insist on talking about black-on-black crime frequently fail to acknowledge that
most crime is intraracial. Ninety-three percent of black murder victims are killed by other black
people. Eighty-four percent of white murder victims are killed by other white people. The continued
focus on black-on-black crime is a diversionary tactic, whose goal is to suggest that black people
don’t have the right to be outraged about police violence in vulnerable black communities, because
those communities have a crime problem. The Black Lives Matter movement acknowledges the
crime problem, but it refuses to locate that crime problem as a problem of black pathology. Black
people are not inherently more violent or more prone to crime than other groups. But black people
are disproportionately poorer, more likely to be targeted by police and arrested, and more likely to
attend poor or failing schools. All of these social indicators place one at greater risk for being either
a victim or a perpetrator of violent crime. To reduce violent crime, we must fight to change systems,
rather than demonizing people.

https://richmondpledge.org/wp-conte...ons-About-the-Black-Lives-Matter-Movement.pdf

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
In addition to the above one of the biggest issues that people had with BLM (going back to the time of Floyd's death) was that blacks are not killed by police in america more often than whites (or other ethnicities) once you take into account the amount of violent crimes they commit (and therefore the likelihood that they are likely to interact with police during or after having committed a violent crime).

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I've simply provided a balanced account of what BLM have done. I've provided both sides to this (as I did above). i.e. BLM have been (in part) Anarchist, marxist, supermacist and have also had some good intentions.

The media have only presented the positives (unsurprising given that anyone who argues or disagrees publicly with BLM either loses their job or suffers at the hands of online (or actual physical mobs). It starts getting murky from there because of BLM links to the current cancel culture movements.

I would never post what I've posted about BLM under my actual name because it would be far too dangerous for my career.
I disagree with the media part. Your comments are accurate for the left wing and centrist media. Right wing media has fully criticised the BLM movement every chance it gets.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm gonna stir the pot as I'm bored waiting for my doctor lol

I would love to know what BLM think of abortion.
Beard’s Lives Matter..? Any babies with beards deserve the right for it to flourish!!

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
In addition to the above one of the biggest issues that people had with BLM (going back to the time of Floyd's death) was that blacks are not killed by police in america more often than whites (or other ethnicities) once you take into account the amount of violent crimes they commit (and therefore the likelihood that they are likely to interact with police during or after having committed a violent crime).
That is taken into account by the BLM movement as I posted above.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
I disagree with the media part. Your comments are accurate for the left wing and centrist media. Right wing media has fully criticised the BLM movement every chance it gets.
I've never disagreed that some right wing media have also set out to attack BLM.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
That is taken into account by the BLM movement as I posted above.
Why is there next to no balance in the mainstream media conversation about the source of societal problems for black people in America. By listening to the media you would think that just by being black, you will be shot for absolutely no reason because some white cop is having a bad day. This is patently false (yet this line is used time and time again).

The data shows that if you don't commit crimes, then you generally do not have interactions with the police (Floyd being an obvious exception to this). And when you don't have interactions with police, you don't get shot by police.

Yes exceptions occur and Floyd is an example, but this does not mean that something is systematically wrong with policing.

I'd agree there is an argument to have whether policing in America (overall) has been militarised with the police having access to heavy duty equipment - but this issue has nothing to do with race.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Why is there next to no balance in the mainstream media conversation about the source of societal problems for black people in America. By listening to the media you would think that just by being black, you will be shot for absolutely no reason because some white cop is having a bad day. This is patently false (yet this line is used time and time again).

The data shows that if you don't commit crimes, then you generally do not have interactions with the police (Floyd being an obvious exception to this). And when you don't have interactions with police, you don't get shot by police.

Yes exceptions occur and Floyd is an example, but this does not mean that something is systematically wrong with policing.

I'd agree there is an argument to have whether policing in America (overall) has been militarised with the police having access to heavy duty equipment - but this issue has nothing to do with race.
The same reason a person killed in Sydney is front page news, but 200 people killed in the Middle East doesn't get a mention.

The media are will print what they think will get clicks. It doesn't mean these things don't exist, just that they aren't things that the media think will sell papers.

But I also disagree with your police comments. I haven't seen any data to say that only criminals are targeted by the police. I have seen it be a mixed thing where it's mainly criminals but quite a few non-criminals that are targeted.

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You mean burn loot murder ? Protests are def related to spike in covid 19 . Good work who marched .. the left are a mentally deranged bunch who aren’t capable of thinking logically . All
Emotion! Look at the democrat run city’s in America .. all the HIGHEST number in covid 19, and crime .. defund the police is the dumbest thing I’ve ever seen or heard

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
The same reason a person killed in Sydney is front page news, but 200 people killed in the Middle East doesn't get a mention.

The media are will print what they think will get clicks. It doesn't mean these things don't exist, just that they aren't things that the media think will sell papers.
The middle east doesnt get as much of a mention in australian media because most australians do not relate to the middle east in terms of it's culture or society. People in Australia are more interested to know the day to day news in Australia, America England etc.

I agree the media do print what will get clicks and that is the start of the conversation about how dishonest and corrupt the media are.

It's not interesting to report that blacks are not killed in disproportionate numbers once you take into account the high crime rates committed by black people. But it's the truth.

It's far more interesting to simply get emotional and report that a black man was killed by a white cop, because RACISM and because black people are "oppressed".

Keeping in mind that America is apparently so racist that almost the entire roster of players across NBA and NFL teams are blacks earning multi million dollars per year to play a sport.

The proper truth is that anyone who doesn't take responsibility for themselves and their own family will be oppressed in America (regardless of skin colour). If you leach off the government you will get screwed more than you would like to. Unfortunately blacks have been used as political pawns by many politicians who constantly tell the black community that they are victims and reinforce the idea that they need even more money from the government to somehow help them get ahead.

What's lacking is a figurehead who tells the black community to look after their own - take care of their own families - be skeptical of white liberals who pretend to look out for your interests, and most of all, take responsibility to make something of yourself so you can own something and not be reliant on the government.

Last edited:

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
If it were Black Lives Matter Too, would there still be a problem?

I don't see how anyone apart from racists, from both sides, would find it a problem.

Last edited:

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
The middle east doesnt get as much of a mention in australian media because most australians do not relate to the middle east in terms of it's culture or society. People in Australia are more interested to know the day to day news in Australia, America England etc.

I agree the media do print what will get clicks and that is the start of the conversation about how dishonest and corrupt the media are.

It's not interesting to report that blacks are not killed in disproportionate numbers once you take into account the high crime rates committed by black people. But it's the truth.

It's far more interesting to simply get emotional and report that a black man was killed by a white cop, because RACISM and because black people are "oppressed".

Keeping in mind that America is apparently so racist that almost the entire roster of players across NBA and NFL teams are blacks earning multi million dollars per year to play a sport.

The proper truth is that anyone who doesn't take responsibility for themselves and their own family will be oppressed in America (regardless of skin colour). If you leach off the government you will get screwed more than you would like to. Unfortunately blacks have been used as political pawns by many politicians who constantly tell the black community that they are victims and reinforce the idea that they need even more money from the government to somehow help them get ahead.

What's lacking is a figurehead who tells the black community to look after their own - take care of their own families - be skeptical of white liberals who pretend to look out for your interests, and most of all, take responsibility to make something of yourself so you can own something and not be reliant on the government.
I'll put it another way. Over 30,000 deaths per year from guns in the US. How many of those do you think get reported on Australian media?

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
If it were Black Lives Matter Too, would there still be a problem?

I don't see how anyone apart from racists would find it a problem.
The problem still lies in the timing and context. The BLM movement started as a response to black people being shot and/or oppressed. Trying to replace BLM movement with Black Lives Matter Too or All Lives Matter is like trying to tell Breast Cancer Australia that they're sexist for not also including Prostate Cancer.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
I'll put it another way. Over 30,000 deaths per year from guns in the US. How many of those do you think get reported on Australian media?
From what I've seen in Australian media, our media generally only gets interested in american gun deaths when it relates to:

- A school shooting
- A mass shooting
- A police officer shooting a black suspect in dubious circumstances

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
From what I've seen in Australian media, our media generally only gets interested in american gun deaths when it relates to:

- A school shooting
- A mass shooting
- A police officer shooting a black suspect in dubious circumstances
Pretty much. Otherwise it's just, "An average day in America"