The "R U OK ?" Thread

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
How you feeling today brother?
Much better today, mate. I have a small cyst which has become infected and ballooned up. It’s pretty uncomfortable, but in a way, it’s a good thing. My biopsy results were in and all good apparently. They weren’t going to notify me unless there was a problem, so having to go in today has saved me another week or so of anxiety!

Hopefully the antibiotics I was prescribed work and I can avoid doctors and hospitals until my scan in just under three weeks.

Last edited:

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Much better today, mate. I have a small cyst which has become infected and ballooned up. It’s pretty uncomfortable, but in a way, it’s a good thing. My biopsy results were in and all good apparently. They weren’t going to notify me unless there was a problem, so having to go in today has saved me another week or so of anxiety!

Hopefully the antibiotics I was prescribed work and I can avoid doctors and hospitals until my scan in just under three weeks.
Good news!

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
I might need to find a new job?
Don't get me wrong, one of the most richest corporations, but very fucking boring!

I feel like shooting myself in the head most of the time.

I used to think hard work sucked?
Now I'm regretting not sticking to it.

I know most tradies are *****?
But I'm older now, so tradies have got nothing on me.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I might need to find a new job?
Don't get me wrong, one of the most richest corporations, but very fucking boring!

I feel like shooting myself in the head most of the time.

I used to think hard work sucked?
Now I'm regretting not sticking to it.

I know most tradies are *****?
But I'm older now, so tradies have got nothing on me.
Blue or white collar?

Less bitch ***** outdoors than in offices

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
When I gain my muscle back I might go back to bodyguarding rich nobodies who think they are somebody.
I'd prefer blue collar work over white collar bitch work.

Corporate people don't do any real work.

I'm sure some corporate prick is going to tell me otherwise?

Only corporate people I see do any real work are technicians.

Technicians are the lifeblood of every corporation!

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Important to give yourself a break, just took half hour out sitting against a tree eyes shut just feeling the breeze.
Felt like a good wank or something very peaceful

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Important to give yourself a break, just took half hour out sitting against a tree eyes shut just feeling the breeze.
Felt like a good wank or something very peaceful
When I get back in action (work) I intend to put our balcony to good use to just chill (and our rear pergola). Create an oasis to just chill out and relax.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
When I get back in action (work) I intend to put our balcony to good use to just chill (and our rear pergola). Create an oasis to just chill out and relax.
I got my deck near the pool with tables and shit above that theres a decent 5mx5m deck which does nothing, a shade cloth and a few day beds the joint would rule

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I’m not one to generally feel down..I have my moments..like today..because sheesh a lot of shit was taken away from me..none more important than my independence..I would’ve gladly given up my legs..literally cut them off.. if it meant I could use my arms and hands..When I think of this it always reminds me of what one of the clients of my physical therapist said once..he was a quadriplegic too..he said we are one of the very few to go to bed dreaming that we’d wake up a paraplegic ..He also used to say we can’t even kill ourselves! LOL

Sometimes my thoughts stray to what could have been..not hard to imagine what they are..my first threesome with twin sisters..joining the mile high club..stalking a hot newsreader..the usual stuff..8-) Seriously though..I just think of normal things..having a family..buying a house..a car..holidaying..And this gets me thinking about friends who have done this..and how I had the opportunity to do this actually before them..but no I had to play rugby.. Ahh if only I could grab that Mr95% and shake some sense into him..and tell him how it is..what’s really important in life..but that Mr95% is long dead..he died on Chatswood Oval..10.20 am on a Saturday.. He was a nice guy..he didn’t deserve what happened to him..but neither do kids who die from cancer..he was no more special than anybody else..

What is left is a broken body and a mind that fights to keep depression away..but I’m actually pretty lucky..well that’s what an Ambo (superb people) said to me when i had to go to hospital the other day..and yep I thought like you..lucky? Wtf? But he was looking at my level of injury..C4-5.. when he said it..and it clarified his comment..because, as he said, I’m lucky I’m not dead..

I thought for a moment..you know he was bloody well right ..while you are in the game you are in with a chance..and my chance is coming..

Fight the good fight Kennelers..it will be worth it

Last edited:

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
I got my deck near the pool with tables and shit above that theres a decent 5mx5m deck which does nothing, a shade cloth and a few day beds the joint would rule
I want to get a misting kit, or a outdoor misting fan ($500 though).. I think it'd be a top investment for summer.

The fans you can put water and ice in and it comes up the post and blows ice cool air at you apparently.

Our outdoor setups here are so much better than at the last place.