The Morris Brothers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
They are past it. Keeping them will hold back development of new backs.
We are rebuilding with young players. Good on admin doing this. We need the morris twins for there experience for the younger guys. Keep them if we can for two years till we develop younger backs then after two years let them go which will also help our cap but have cheaper younger backs with two years with them coming through. These guys have been our best this year. We need a few experience players with the younger guys
I cant rubbish these guys they have been good for us this year have great experience and can still score tries.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Need to retain them for another contract term, as we simply don't have quality backs at the moment apart from them.

With Mbye gone in 2019:
Meaney is garbage, Crichton might offer something. Bergamin is untested in NRL. Montoya is fucked. Olive is questionable, Holland is passable.

So we could be entering 2019 with a backline of:
Holland
Crichton
Olive
Hoppa
Montoya

Meaney - spare

There are some hopefuls in SG/Flegg but they are a way off yet.

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
The morris boys remind me of a song.

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Development of which backs exactly?

Realistically we need a new 1, 4 & 5 before we go replacing 2 & 3
We need the cash to splash on some youngsters willing to gamble their careers coming to this club on the slide. It’s hard attracting talent in these circumstances so we will need pay some overs and we can’t do it with some cash.

Craystar

Kennel Established
Reaction score
We need the cash to splash on some youngsters willing to gamble their careers coming to this club on the slide. It’s hard attracting talent in these circumstances so we will need pay some overs and we can’t do it with some cash.
Youngsters who show potential like Ponga & Munster did when they first came into grade, yes i agree.

But youngsters who are sitting in ISP and cant crack their clubs first grade starting 17 should be brought in on bare minimum as they would be guarenteed a 1st grade spot, something which they all want.

Overs are paid to established players or super-talented freaks (i.e Ponga) but the Dogs fucked up paying overs to the wrong players (i.e Foran & Woods).

How do you think we would of looked this year with Maloney at 7 instead of Foran?

Turvey Chip and Chase

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
For me it’s a no brainer.
Everyone apart from:

Jackson
Klemmer
Morris boys
RFM

need to be in the shop window! To be honest, there won’t be many onlookers

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think 1 more year if the price is right otherwise youth

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Youngsters who show potential like Ponga & Munster did when they first came into grade, yes i agree.

But youngsters who are sitting in ISP and cant crack their clubs first grade starting 17 should be brought in on bare minimum as they would be guarenteed a 1st grade spot, something which they all want.

Overs are paid to established players or super-talented freaks (i.e Ponga) but the Dogs fucked up paying overs to the wrong players (i.e Foran & Woods).

How do you think we would of looked this year with Maloney at 7 instead of Foran?
Agree with you. Especially your comment on Maloney is a top player exactly what we need. Improved in his giving away penalties also but a bloody good player.

Waterboy
Reaction score
It’s a hard one to comment on because they can play a part in the rebuild. They are not the problem. The left side isn’t an issue. Hoppa and Montoya need to go. There are about 6 or 7 other players I would get rid of before them.

I would get rid of:

Foran
Hoppa
Montoya
Tolman
Mbye
Frawley
Lichaa
Good call

Juicydog

Kennel Established
Reaction score

Absolutely spot on!

Remember when that dickhead Hasler spent $1m over 3 years for Lichaa

Hasler forking out dumb money for Lloyd Perrett

Hasler forking out dumb money for Brad Abbey

Tigers forking out dumb money for Suli

Craig Bellamy is by far the best coach in the modern era. The Storm have been ultra competitive for the last 10 years, year in year out. Spends the correct money on the most critical positions, than finds juniors as well as unwanted players to fit into the system (mostly outside backs and a couple of workhorses)

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Anyone know if they are being considered at all for next year?

Of course all we have heard is that they are goneski, but things always change.

I would keep them on 1 year deals if they were willing to accept just a year, and we can accomodate them in the cap.

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
They might get to stay as the club said they would not buy any players on big coin or super stars.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Totally get what your saying but Bmoz is always broken and after yesterday is it a waste him being around?
Yeah of course. But say if they came to the club and wanted to extend for 250k each, I think that would be a good option for the club.

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Yeah keep them for at least another season. Our backline without them is fucking shit.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Yeah of course. But say if they came to the club and wanted to extend for 250k each, I think that would be a good option for the club.
Tough one, 250k to play like 8 games a year is a bad investment. Obviously I am more compelled to Jmoz as he has done his time with us so maybe Jmoz but hard to justify being loyal to his bro.

Status
Not open for further replies.