The Morris Brothers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I might be on my own here but how can people sat Bmoz has served the club well?

He was bought here on huge money to play fullback and hasn't really delivered. This is the first year he has gotten on the field consistently after missed major chunks of games in previous seasons.

I bet in a few years Bmoz will consider himself more of a Dragon then a Bulldog aswell.
Well I guess if you look at the amount of times his been injured with us I can see that

He was bought here on huge money to play fullback and hasn't really delivered. This is the first year he has gotten on the field consistently after missed major chunks of games in previous seasons.

I bet in a few years Bmoz will consider himself more of a Dragon then a Bulldog aswell.
i guess I was thinking about this year but when u think about it those two boys really stood out. Appreciate your input On BMoz You have convinced me.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Wouldn’t mind Joshy staying to be honest.

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
Who really knows, on one hand the salary cap might be as bad as is it has been speculated, on the other it might just be politics, just watch the pollies at work the more shit you put on the other side the better for their side. It is not in the club's interest to give the public all the exact details..
The club came out and said we are under the cap for this year,
But need to make room to fit 5 players under 500k for next , so MBYE and Woods are gone that should leave about a mill for cap space next year to fit in 5 players.
We have signed meany and Cogger so we need 3 more players not sure how much we signed them up for.
It will be hard to fit the 2 brothers.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score

Shows what an idiot Hasler was. Bmoz came out during his time at St George and said he didn't like playing FB and didn't think his body could cope with the workload, then like other players Hasler thinks he can mould them into whatever he wanted.

Definitely agree with the St George comment.

Art Vandelay

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Yeah agree.
BMOZ was decent at FB when he was there, however just like foran, he is damaged goods.
From what im hearing BMOZ will most likely head back to the dragons next year, while JMOZ will most likely be staying with us.

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah agree.
BMOZ was decent at FB when he was there, however just like foran, he is damaged goods.
From what im hearing BMOZ will most likely head back to the dragons next year, while JMOZ will most likely be staying with us.
No way BMoz goes back to the Dragons. They already have one ageing vet in Nightingale why add another one when Lomax needs to be blooded?
If the Eels offload Norman I could see them being interested in the Morris twins

Art Vandelay

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No way BMoz goes back to the Dragons. They already have one ageing vet in Nightingale why add another one when Lomax needs to be blooded?
If the Eels offload Norman I could see them being interested in the Morris twins
Im hearing Nightingale will retire at the end of the year, hence the reason the dragons are interested.
In saying that, i wouldnt be surprised if Parra get both Morris boys, as they will be offloading some players too.

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Im hearing Nightingale will retire at the end of the year, hence the reason the dragons are interested.
In saying that, i wouldnt be surprised if Parra get both Morris boys, as they will be offloading some players too.
We won’t know for sure until they sign but from what I’ve heard the Dragons are high on their junior ranks and are only looking at replacing Ah Mau and not outside backs.
Eels need to shake things up and Norman doesn’t seem up for the fight so I wouldn’t be surprised to see him leave so Gutherson can play 5/8. I think the twins are still quality and don’t need to go to England

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Anyone know if they are being considered at all for next year?

Of course all we have heard is that they are goneski, but things always change.

I would keep them on 1 year deals if they were willing to accept just a year, and we can accomodate them in the cap.
Brent Read reported that Dogs have asked David Riolo (Morris brothers manager), for a chance to make an offer before they sign elsewhere.

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Need to retain them for another contract term, as we simply don't have quality backs at the moment apart from them.

With Mbye gone in 2019:
Meaney is garbage, Crichton might offer something. Bergamin is untested in NRL. Montoya is fucked. Olive is questionable, Holland is passable.

So we could be entering 2019 with a backline of:
Holland
Crichton
Olive
Hoppa
Montoya

Meaney - spare

There are some hopefuls in SG/Flegg but they are a way off yet.
Did u watch the Reggie's yesterday,Meaney was man of the match,he absolutely killed us,and getting better

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Looking through zero tackle and noticed Adam Keighran was offcontract at seasons end, been going pretty well for Panthers reggies at left centre this season. id like to see us get him back instead of keeping Morris twins

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Did u watch the Reggie's yesterday,Meaney was man of the match,he absolutely killed us,and getting better
From people there and the live call... that's rubbish.

You are confusing Meaney for Tex Hoy and Brock Lamb (who killed us).

Even in the call they stated Meaney had an uneventful game.

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looking through zero tackle and noticed Adam Keighran was offcontract at seasons end, been going pretty well for Panthers reggies at left centre this season. id like to see us get him back instead of keeping Morris twins
Yeah he has been going alright

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
They still have plenty of skills, speed and great defence. I read a recent article saying we should be able to squeeze them in. We'd loose too much too soon without them. Re-sign them for 1 more year please.

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
No thank you.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The club would be utter stupid letting them go.. need them for many reasons including experience and leadership

Look at the oppsite side of the field Austins carved us up 3-4 times in last 7 mins

ibby

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
He must wake up and get one of them on each side to help the other wingers and centre's there solid as and all our points leak in on the other side of the field why does it take this guy so long to things.:rage:

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
It’s a hard one to comment on because they can play a part in the rebuild. They are not the problem. The left side isn’t an issue. Hoppa and Montoya need to go. There are about 6 or 7 other players I would get rid of before them.

I would get rid of:

Foran
Hoppa
Montoya
Tolman
Mbye
Frawley
Lichaa
Foran - Fuck yes
Hoppa has been playing pretty well.
Montoya - has been poor this year. Hopefully just 2nd tr syndrome. Should be kept even if just NSW Cup. On mimimun $$$$
Tolman has been very good defensively since his return. Unfortunately on too moneny $$$$ for what he offers. Bloody Des
M'Bye - Good riddance
Frawley - on minimum $$$ not sure if he is worth getting rid of on the money he is on.. NSW Cup quality
Lichha - time for a fresh start for both the club and him

Status
Not open for further replies.