The Morris Brothers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Anyone know if they are being considered at all for next year?

Of course all we have heard is that they are goneski, but things always change.

I would keep them on 1 year deals if they were willing to accept just a year, and we can accomodate them in the cap.
So are you saying all this "salary cap crisis" and that the club doesn't have two cents to rub together in term of salary cap space is all bullshit?

If they do resign the Morris boys it will then be shown to be bullshit.

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Tough one, 250k to play like 8 games a year is a bad investment. Obviously I am more compelled to Jmoz as he has done his time with us so maybe Jmoz but hard to justify being loyal to his bro.
8 games of quality means 8 less games of watching Montoya go around. Just saying

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
The club can't afford them atm, especially when Parra is interested in both of them... apparently The club has asked their manager to give them the final option, to see if they can possibly match it.. but seems unlikely considering their form this season..

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
1 more season they would be great for the young guys plus we are light on in the backs

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
So are you saying all this "salary cap crisis" and that the club doesn't have two cents to rub together in term of salary cap space is all bullshit?

If they do resign the Morris boys it will then be shown to be bullshit.
are you retarded? We were below the cap next year, we then released Mbye and Woods.....??????? Need me to explain further?

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
8 games of quality means 8 less games of watching Montoya go around. Just saying
Yeah, he was better at Centre yesterday that's for sure. Been playing out of position? That being said I think JMK could be a solid centre, even Lewis has been playing centre in the lower grades...both are great in the D area. I think keeping Bmoz is a link to what has failed at this club and needs to be removed.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
are you retarded? We were below the cap next year, we then released Mbye and Woods.....??????? Need me to explain further?
I don't appreciate your response.
No I'm not retarded.
Clearly you don't understand irony.
I have been constantly saying the so call salary cap crisis is bullshit.
A massive lie being spun by the club for their own unknown reasons.
But according to the club and posters here "in the know" we don't have a salary crisis and we can't afford to resign the Morris boys despite having shed $4.1m in players salary for 2019.
Hence my question
I would suggest that perhaps you don't be so rude! Do you carry on like that in real life?

Last edited:

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
No I'm not retarded.
But according to the club and posters here "in the know" we do have a salary crisis and we can't afford to resign the Morris boys despite having shed $4.1 in players salary for 2019.
Hence my question
I would suggest that perhaps you don't be so rude! Do you carry on like that in real life?
Oh my bad, Didn’t read the sarcasm. I think the salary cap stuff is a big spin as well and we aren’t in a hole as big as claimed.

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Yeah, he was better at Centre yesterday that's for sure. Been playing out of position? That being said I think JMK could be a solid centre, even Lewis has been playing centre in the lower grades...both are great in the D area. I think keeping Bmoz is a link to what has failed at this club and needs to be removed.
Yeah that’s fair enough. I just think they are both quality human beings and if we could keep them around for another season it can only have a good affect on the kids coming through since we have lost a lot of professional experience the last year or two. Plus they never let us down on the field.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Yeah that’s fair enough. I just think they are both quality human beings and if we could keep them around for another season it can only have a good affect on the kids coming through since we have lost a lot of professional experience the last year or two. Plus they never let us down on the field.
Yeah good point. Dunno, maybe a deal can be struck that benefits all??

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Dont mind keeping them both for the right price. But one on each side of the field, not together. Teams know they are good defensively and will target the other side, which isnt as strong. One on each side would not give the opposition a side to target.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
No I'm not retarded.
But according to the club and posters here "in the know" we do have a salary crisis and we can't afford to resign the Morris boys despite having shed $4.1m in players salary for 2019.
Hence my question
Oh my bad, Didn’t read the sarcasm. I think the salary cap stuff is a big spin as well and we aren’t in a hole as big as claimed.
The salary cap ‘crisis’ is being used by the club to move on players that aren’t needed or aren’t performing at the level they’re being paid.
I personally, am supportive of this action, because just like hasler, dib and co. had a shot with the team they built, this regime deserves the same.
Hopefully they can bring lasting success.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No I'm not retarded.
But according to the club and posters here "in the know" we do have a salary crisis and we can't afford to resign the Morris boys despite having shed $4.1m in players salary for 2019.
Hence my question
Who really knows, on one hand the salary cap might be as bad as is it has been speculated, on the other it might just be politics, just watch the pollies at work the more shit you put on the other side the better for their side. It is not in the club's interest to give the public all the exact details..

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
There is a maybe on Jmoz and a no on BMoz. Given they seem to want to play together it will be tough for JMoz if he does get an offer. I suspect it means both will go rather than split again. No on Eastwood in case you were wondering.....

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
There is a maybe on Jmoz and a no on BMoz. Given they seem to want to play together it will be tough for JMoz if he does get an offer. I suspect it means both will go rather than split again. No on Eastwood in case you were wondering.....
I would like to see them both stay for a year and two if we can manage it. They both bring experience and watching last nights game if
i would love to see them both stay, I don’t favour one over the other. They both have served the club well I know some kennelers feel one is more loyal than the other but with klemmer, jacko the morris boys and Lewis few more youngsters which it seems like we have a few, looking towards a solid outfit.
Money boys are gone I feel a couple more will be gone soon. Looking forward to see what happens.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I would like to see them both stay for a year and two if we can manage it. They both bring experience and watching last nights game if

i would love to see them both stay, I don’t favour one over the other. They both have served the club well I know some kennelers feel one is more loyal than the other but with klemmer, jacko the morris boys and Lewis few more youngsters which it seems like we have a few, looking towards a solid outfit.
Money boys are gone I feel a couple more will be gone soon. Looking forward to see what happens.
They would be on much lower money if they stayed but the decision has a medical component to it. They just don't think BMoz can last another season. Doesn't train now. Given they want to play together it may see both go. JMoz has been loyal to us so I am happy they are thinking about trying to do something with him but realistically it may be time to push forward while we are trying to build a side. We have plenty of other experienced players who are in better shape.

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
They would be on much lower money if they stayed but the decision has a medical component to it. They just don't think BMoz can last another season. Doesn't train now. Given they want to play together it may see both go. JMoz has been loyal to us so I am happy they are thinking about trying to do something with him but realistically it may be time to push forward while we are trying to build a side. We have plenty of other experienced players who are in better shape.
Fair comment I didn’t realise BMoz was that bad.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I might be on my own here but how can people sat Bmoz has served the club well?

He was bought here on huge money to play fullback and hasn't really delivered. This is the first year he has gotten on the field consistently after missed major chunks of games in previous seasons.

I bet in a few years Bmoz will consider himself more of a Dragon then a Bulldog aswell.

Status
Not open for further replies.