The Morris Brothers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hulk76

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I reckon keeping them both and on either side of the field along side a young up and comers is the way to go. Their experience and knowledge will be invaluable to the younger players. They are our only real threatening backs at this point.

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He's a fucking machine. We do have Olive atleast who does look a good prospect, bloke is as big as Martin yet is agile with some nice footwork and pace. Just need him to stay injury free. If we can put together a backline lile this for next season then i think it's a step in the right direction...

1. Holland?
2. Crichton
3. Olive
4. Hoppa
5. Katoa

No real idea who's going to play fullback, i guess Holland is worth giving a shot? Looks stronger and faster this year so why not give him a run there now. Katoa is fucking rapid and can break a tackle, i hope we do end up with him. I do think he would also combine well with Hoppa as he has the pace to take advantage of the space Hoppa makes unlike Montoya. Crichton does also look solid with some reasonable pace, runs hard every time he gets the ball.
From all the talk Nick Meaney is the target for the Fullback spot. Should come cheap and looks good from what i have seen!

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
He's a fucking machine. We do have Olive atleast who does look a good prospect, bloke is as big as Martin yet is agile with some nice footwork and pace. Just need him to stay injury free. If we can put together a backline lile this for next season then i think it's a step in the right direction...

1. Holland?
2. Crichton
3. Olive
4. Hoppa
5. Katoa

No real idea who's going to play fullback, i guess Holland is worth giving a shot? Looks stronger and faster this year so why not give him a run there now. Katoa is fucking rapid and can break a tackle, i hope we do end up with him. I do think he would also combine well with Hoppa as he has the pace to take advantage of the space Hoppa makes unlike Montoya. Crichton does also look solid with some reasonable pace, runs hard every time he gets the ball.
Holland does nothing for me at fullback I'm afraid but the cupboards pretty bare so its either him or Hoppa unless we get someone but the rest of that backline is pretty good considering everything.

I'd be over the moon if we got Katoa but I can't see it happening.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
From all the talk Nick Meaney is the target for the Fullback spot. Should come cheap and looks good from what i have seen!
Don't rate him though i have seen absolutely fuck all of him lol.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Holland does nothing for me at fullback I'm afraid but the cupboards pretty bare so its either him or Hoppa unless we get someone but the rest of that backline is pretty good considering everything.

I'd be over the moon if we got Katoa but I can't see it happening.
Yh i don't want Hoppa back at fb so i'm happy to try anyone else. Katoa supposedly wants to spend more time with his family and doesn't want to travel to Cronulla every day..well that's the Story. It does seem like an absolute no brainer for us to chase him so anyone could have started the rumour i guess lol.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
What’s the vet player allowance? Is that where you play for 8-10 years for the same club? Only jmoz would be eligible at our club. And it’s only like 300k
$0.2 million – Veteran and Developed Player Allowance for eligible players who were either developed by the Club prior to becoming NRL players and / or have been a Top 30 player for at least 8 years at the Club or have been a Top 30 player for at least 10 years across the game

https://www.nrl.com/operations/the-game/the-salary-cap/

Based on that I would say that:

Brett is "a Top 30 player for at least 10 years across the game" &
Josh is "a Top 30 player for at least 8 years at the Club"

It's not clear from this page whether they can get $200K each or the club can pay $200K in total under this section of the cap.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
$0.2 million – Veteran and Developed Player Allowance for eligible players who were either developed by the Club prior to becoming NRL players and / or have been a Top 30 player for at least 8 years at the Club or have been a Top 30 player for at least 10 years across the game

It's not clear from this page whether they can get $200K each or the club can pay $200K in total under this section of the cap.
They just add $200k onto the cap so it doesn’t have to be paid directly to the player that qualifies for it. If we do lose the Morris’ then Foran still makes us qualify as he debut in 2009.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score

Mate this comes up every 5 mins. It's a total of $200k no matter how many old players you have. Tolman would qualify now as would the Morris boys and Foran. We've already spent our $200k. If we get rid of all 4 then our cap drops by $200k. Might want to ponder that......

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
As much as I loved jmoz and bmoz as a players I really think it's time they both moved on. With this cap mess, we'll most likely have to promote within and identify youth prospects from across the nrl. They both deserve one big payday in England, I'm sure a lot of superleague clubs would love to have them

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Posters here talk about rebuilding with younger kids.. every club that rebuilds keeps some experienced heads in their ranks to set the standards

The Knights improved this year by recruiting experienced players into their young squad

The Morris bros are the only players we have over 30.. cant afford to lose them yet

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Word now is the Bulldogs will be happy to see the back of the Morris brothers. They are known as whingers around the club.

End thread
What a load of shit disrespectful for whoever writes this shit i think it was the lurker

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I’d be whinging to if a couple of frauds rode into town on the highest pay packets the club has ever seen and their performances say they should be on minimum wage. It’s disgraceful

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Dean Ritchie The NRL Lurker also claims Raiders are looking at Tyrone May... except Tyrones signed up till end of 2020 with Panthers. :D

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Dean Ritchie The NRL Lurker also claims Raiders are looking at Tyrone May... except Tyrones signed up till end of 2020 with Panthers. :D
Contracts shmontracts

Grunthos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If we piss Mbye off, and with Eastwood leaving and Graham/Kas off the books...

Correct me if I'm wrong but couldn't we totally afford to re-sign both Morris brothers?

Both Mbye and Eastwood rumoured to be on more than each Morris brother!
I think they have been great performers and club men over the years and they have more heart and guts than they sometimes are given credit for, but unfortunately I think they are past their used by date and you need some real speed, not just skill out on the wing now days.
We need fresh blood.

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
So does anyone still think the Morris twins are past it or have nothing to offer? These guys need to be retained. They are always solid for us.
They are past it. Keeping them will hold back development of new backs.

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
So does anyone still think the Morris twins are past it or have nothing to offer? These guys need to be retained. They are always solid for us.
They are past it. Keeping them will hold back development of new backs.

Status
Not open for further replies.