Status
Not open for further replies.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
we dont owe anything to brett. keeping josh and staying loyal (because we will suck until 2020-2021) is all that matters now i guess.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think we are better off spending it on younger out side backs if we are rebuilding. It might win us one or two extra games next year with the Morris brothers in defence but in our situation we are better off giving the experience to younger players. It defeats the purpose of rebuilding if we re-sign veterans with a year or 2 left in their careers.

jof

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yknow after seeing Mbye go and now maybe Woods, I am starting to think we are looking to keep them. I hope we do. Shmucks on here bag them out but we would have scored half the tries and let in twice as many if they weren't playing.

But, I do think they should be willing to the a significant pay cut to help the club out given our dire circumstances. If you payed significant overs for a ciuple of seasons, shouldn't you repay the club? These days loyalty only goes one way it seems.

Edit: Sorry about spelling tonight. Typing on a $15 bluetoth keypad

Last edited:

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
They're going to have to leave sooner rather than later, might as well start the rebuild.

Josh's best years are long gone, Brett is a great finisher but both can probably get a better deal in the UK.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I think we are better off spending it on younger out side backs if we are rebuilding. It might win us one or two extra games next year with the Morris brothers in defence but in our situation we are better off giving the experience to younger players. It defeats the purpose of rebuilding if we re-sign veterans with a year or 2 left in their careers.
It’s a hard one to comment on because they can play a part in the rebuild. They are not the problem. The left side isn’t an issue. Hoppa and Montoya need to go. There are about 6 or 7 other players I would get rid of before them.

I would get rid of:

Foran
Hoppa
Montoya
Tolman
Mbye
Frawley
Lichaa

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
No point in keeping them, we're meant to be building a team to move forward with. Go hard for Katoa and that will give us some real pace on the wings with Crichton. Probably lacking some size but they're both capable of pushing away from defenders.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
we need them for next 2 years or we put our selves in danger of getting a spoon.

we cant just risk having rookies across the park.

we are not winning the premiership for next 2 years so sign both for 2 years. safety first I say.

Last edited:

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
It’s a hard one to comment on because they can play a part in the rebuild. They are not the problem. The left side isn’t an issue. Hoppa and Montoya need to go. There are about 6 or 7 other players I would get rid of before them.

I would get rid of:

Foran
Hoppa
Montoya
Tolman
Mbye
Frawley
Lichaa
If the were signed for next year I’d agree but because they aren’t it changes things for me. I think they would actually benefit from a change of scenery aswell. I’m not sure how much they would enjoy spending the last few years of their career playing with a rookie spine at the start of a rebuild.

adamsapple

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
As brett was going over to score the first try he had no emotion that he scored and to me it looks like what ever is happening behind the scenes plus the uncertain future that he's over it

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Problem is .. they are scoring our only points at the moment.

Yknow after seeing Mbye go and now maybe Woods, I am starting to think we are looking to keep them.
It's the only logical reason I can think think of for releasing Mbye, given Hill has stated we are ok in 2018/2019 with the cap.

Downtowndog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Great players but we would be pissing money up the wall re-signing them two if we have cogger foran jmk and that other newie fb next year as our spine

Craystar

Kennel Established
Reaction score
As brett was going over to score the first try he had no emotion that he scored and to me it looks like what ever is happening behind the scenes plus the uncertain future that he's over it
It all started with the Foran signing.

The players that have been at the club for a while did not want Foran there. Believe it or not, Graham was pushed out after expressing his view about the recruitment of Foran.

Mbye will not be the only casualty. There are some very unhappy campers

adamsapple

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
It all started with the Foran signing.

The players that have been at the club for a while did not want Foran there. Believe it or not, Graham was pushed out after expressing his view about the recruitment of Foran.

Mbye will not be the only casualty. There are some very unhappy campers
As much as i don't like the signing of foran and it did turn out to be a dud buy
We needed something new and needed to move Reynolds on
We couldn't go for Cronk cause I believe he wasn't going anywhere but the Roosters and Pearce went on the market well after nost clubs had signed their new halfbacks

Craystar

Kennel Established
Reaction score
As much as i don't like the signing of foran and it did turn out to be a dud buy
We needed something new and needed to move Reynolds on
We couldn't go for Cronk cause I believe he wasn't going anywhere but the Roosters and Pearce went on the market well after nost clubs had signed their new halfbacks
Foran was a player who nobody wanted at their club.

He was finished a long time ago and the players were fed up with Des picking his favourites. Foran was the final straw

When you need something "new" or a "fresh" start you do not sign a washed up player just to change things up.

M4cca

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Josh is off to england, not sure what brett's doing

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
The twins can earn more money elsewhere, that's what they should do.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I would keep both.. both are still our best centre/winger plus we need there experience..

I have little faith in the rest of the outside backs at our club

Status
Not open for further replies.