The Morris Brothers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

gazza

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
the Morris twins are still decent footballers. They are now at the back end of their careers and their abilities will decline over the next couple of years. Mind you they will still be good players, just not quite so good. Unfortunately the both got badly damaged physically busting their gut for NSW in origin games. I would love to see them stay but for them its about a last big contract . And that more than likely means they will head overseas.

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I hope the club makes Josh Morris a decent offer for a year or two. If this club is going to be great again we need to be loyal to players that have busted their arse for us and Josh Morris is a club legend. Couldn’t give a crap if we are going through a rebuild Morris deserves to retire in the blue and white. Sick and tired of seeing Bulldogs finishing their careers at other clubs that doesn’t send the right message to the kids coming through.

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I hope the club makes Josh Morris a decent offer for a year or two. If this club is going to be great again we need to be loyal to players that have busted their arse for us and Josh Morris is a club legend. Couldn’t give a crap if we are going through a rebuild Morris deserves to retire in the blue and white. Sick and tired of seeing Bulldogs finishing their careers at other clubs that doesn’t send the right message to the kids coming through.
I concur, but I'm pretty sure they are a package deal and don't want to play apart.

I'm interested in the third Morris brother, the one still at the dragons, if we're after youth then he could be someone to consider

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We should have money to buy a decent named player now that mbyes gone ??? Unlike the duds we’ve already bought for next year
It's time to front load some of the backended contracts!!!

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

Mate his time is up I’m sick of holding onto player for too long.
Doesn’t send the right message lol please man

Perrett ended his career here2 years too long

Same with Ryan and elmasri

sheep dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
It’s a hard one to comment on because they can play a part in the rebuild. They are not the problem. The left side isn’t an issue. Hoppa and Montoya need to go. There are about 6 or 7 other players I would get rid of before them.

I would get rid of:

Foran
Hoppa
Montoya
Tolman
Mbye
Frawley
Lichaa
Spot on Best post ever

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Mate his time is up I’m sick of holding onto player for too long.
Doesn’t send the right message lol please man

Perrett ended his career here2 years too long

Same with Ryan and elmasri
And what was wrong with El Masri playing till the end we were still competitive and he was still turning 4 points into 6. You would wish we had a goal kicker like that since he’s retired. I mean Montoya holds a wing spot these days and el Masri would run rings around him. Seriously players jump ship because it’s a ‘business’ but if a club shows some loyalty back the players will too.

Dogschat

Waterboy
Reaction score
we need them for next 2 years or we put our selves in danger of getting a spoon.

we cant just risk having rookies across the park.

we are not winning the premiership for next 2 years so sign both for 2 years. safety first I say.
Agree 100% it is about time us so called Bulldogs fans stopped putting the boot in for every player just because. It is to join the bandwagon yet you do not ask what directions it's heading. The Morris twins are talented solid players with awesome defensive. Skillls and ability to read play hence good at finishing moves and therefore score a lot of tries. Stats don't lie just check on the error rates this season you will find them low. Yes speed is an issue with them but in my opinion they have enough talent to justify their spots in team. The Bulldogs indeed need a mixture af experience, which they bring to the team, and obviously new TALENT which the old Bulldogs Hierarchy has failed to bring to the team big time. Here lies your problem, let's not sugar coat it or start condemning all our players left right and centre.

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
And what was wrong with El Masri playing till the end we were still competitive and he was still turning 4 points into 6. You would wish we had a goal kicker like that since he’s retired. I mean Montoya holds a wing spot these days and el Masri would run rings around him. Seriously players jump ship because it’s a ‘business’ but if a club shows some loyalty back the players will too.
I will tell you what’s wrong with keeping players past there due date like el Masri !!

We don’t win comps with them

When it’s time to move them on you do.

You want players to give there all while at there best not keep them on later as a thank you and look after there retirements,otherwise every year there will be players growing old and we need to hold onto them just for loyalty.

Dawain87

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Both would be eligible for veteran player allowance 200k. they can take a pay cut but still take a bite of the 200k outside the cap.

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I will tell you what’s wrong with keeping players past there due date like el Masri !!

We don’t win comps with them

When it’s time to move them on you do.

You want players to give there all while at there best not keep them on later as a thank you and look after there retirements,otherwise every year there will be players growing old and we need to hold onto them just for loyalty.
What just like Ennis was past it, right? Woops he went on to win a comp. Luke Lewis, Paul Gallen, Chris Heighington all well into their 30's winning a comp.

Youth and experience wins comps...just saying!

S.B.W_Jnr

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Both Morris boys deserve to stay but it will have to be 300k or 400k each for 1 or 2 years Max. If had to choose between the two it would be Josh because he's been 10 years now in the blue and white!

We need experience and leadership in this club they offer that.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Both would be eligible for veteran player allowance 200k. they can take a pay cut but still take a bite of the 200k outside the cap.
What’s the vet player allowance? Is that where you play for 8-10 years for the same club? Only jmoz would be eligible at our club. And it’s only like 300k

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Both Morris boys deserve to stay but it will have to be 300k or 400k each for 1 or 2 years Max. If had to choose between the two it would be Josh because he's been 10 years now in the blue and white!

We need experience and leadership in this club they offer that.
More like max 250k lol. They will both get better deals elsewhere.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
It makes no sense to go to all that effort of releasing Mbye for the cap space to then spend it on two veteran outside backs that will further decline next year.
I'd hold onto Josh if he wanted to stay on a lowish wage, his experience could be valuable to the likes of Crichton and hopefully Katoa if he joins. But yh...it doean't make sense because they will take the money elsewhere. I just hope we don't fall into the trap of just buying all these youngsters and hoping they will come good without having any real experienced players around them for support.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'd hold onto Josh if he wanted to stay on a lowish wage, his experience could be valuable to the likes of Crichton and hopefully Katoa if he joins. But yh...it doean't make sense because they will take the money elsewhere. I just hope we don't fall into the trap of just buying all these youngsters and hoping they will come good without having any real experienced players around them for support.
Too bad we missed the boat on Ramien

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Too bad we missed the boat on Ramien
He's a fucking machine. We do have Olive atleast who does look a good prospect, bloke is as big as Martin yet is agile with some nice footwork and pace. Just need him to stay injury free. If we can put together a backline lile this for next season then i think it's a step in the right direction...

1. Holland?
2. Crichton
3. Olive
4. Hoppa
5. Katoa

No real idea who's going to play fullback, i guess Holland is worth giving a shot? Looks stronger and faster this year so why not give him a run there now. Katoa is fucking rapid and can break a tackle, i hope we do end up with him. I do think he would also combine well with Hoppa as he has the pace to take advantage of the space Hoppa makes unlike Montoya. Crichton does also look solid with some reasonable pace, runs hard every time he gets the ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.