[SMH] Canterbury Bulldogs free up cash with departure of Curtis Rona and Tim Browne

Status
Not open for further replies.

habibsta

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Also rumours going around licha going back to sharks also next year. If that's the case and it's true also then maybe this is des last roll of the dice to prove himself. You can not possibly keep cutting players and signing average players hoping they will come good and win a premiership.

There are times I think to myself is des really a gun coach and the players we have are just not as good as we think they are. Then the days we turn up and rip a team a new ass hole it just makes shit more clear that attitude is one of our biggest problems and that all boils down to the coach.

Anyway as much as I love my doggies I can see us get smacked by manly who funny saying this are in better form then us. Scrapping through games against dragons and Newcastle ain't nothing to be excited about. Hell we almost lost both of them games also
The rumours you speak of a very accurate a few dominos need to fall for this to occur most notably wether criminal charges are brought against Foran... Irrelavant of that it is clear to all that matter at the club Moses is not a 6 or 7. Due to length of his deal and the fact Lichaa's deal ends next year Moses will be the new 9 next year or the year after. Foran will be at 7 if not expect Mitch Moses or Luke Brooke's who signed 1 yr extensions at tigers to fill that void more than likely Brooks with a Josh Reynolds extension in the new year. A Reynolds Foran duo would be exceptional and with Moses at 9 means you have three genuine kickers 1 right and 2 left foot

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If Foran comes either Reynolds or Moses would have to be let go (doubt either would play off bench) & both are on big dollars.. so they cant use Rona as an excuse for Foran..

Last edited:

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
So you think by patronising/lying or what ever you wish to call it, is a good way to get fans on side?
Castle doesn't give a fuck about the fans. All she cares about is how much money their membership brings in.

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is very interesting. As recently as today Rona put up a pic on Insta. One of his comments was that he loves the dogs.

Another aspect is the state of Western Force. Greg Martin was on talkin sport 2 weeks ago. They asked him about the state of Western Force. He said they are on borrowed time basically. Said they're a basket case. No good players, no money to go out and get decent players. Said that if it were up to him the ARU should step in and relocate them. I highly doubt Rona would go there if that's the case. Also no quotes from anyone.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Its a shame for Rona. He had such a promising career ahead of him

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
The rumours you speak of a very accurate a few dominos need to fall for this to occur most notably wether criminal charges are brought against Foran... Irrelavant of that it is clear to all that matter at the club Moses is not a 6 or 7. Due to length of his deal and the fact Lichaa's deal ends next year Moses will be the new 9 next year or the year after. Foran will be at 7 if not expect Mitch Moses or Luke Brooke's who signed 1 yr extensions at tigers to fill that void more than likely Brooks with a Josh Reynolds extension in the new year. A Reynolds Foran duo would be exceptional and with Moses at 9 means you have three genuine kickers 1 right and 2 left foot
Reynolds and Mbye can't kick and neither can tackle lol.

Basically we are fucked next year. Sit back and begin the rebuild.

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
yeah what we have is Aunty saying "at this stage Rona is contracted till 2017" while in the back ground Rona packing his bags wearing the Western Force training gear.
100% of the time when she says stuff the opposite always happens e.g hoppa not coming, then he comes. Barba not leaving, then he leaves etc.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Cool story.

A

Alexander the Great

Rona is staying in the NRL and not with the dogs...

Last edited by a moderator:

pisssst

CEO
Reaction score
Reynolds and Mbye can't kick and neither can tackle lol.

Basically we are fucked next year. Sit back and begin the rebuild.
I agree. What's worries me is all our juniors are hopeless, where's the players going to come from.

pisssst

CEO
Reaction score
Rona is staying in the NRL
Mate not saying you are right or wrong. But you said 100% he is gone done deal to rugby, and now you saying staying in the nrl. So what one is it?

A

Alexander the Great

Mate not saying you are right or wrong. But you said 100% he is going to rugby, and now you saying staying in the nrl. So what one is it?
Im going to lock in another team in the nrl. Can i lock that one in or am i stuck with the union story?

Id like to lock in another nrl team eddie?

pisssst

CEO
Reaction score
Im going to lock in another team in the nrl. Can i lock that one in or am i stuck with the union story?

So your seeking attention on here, kool go hard.

A

Alexander the Great

So your seeking attention on here, kool go hard.
Can i not pass on what ive been told to the fellow dogs members?
I thought this is the place for canterbury related discussion?
If you dont like my comments ignore them.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score

What team then?

pisssst

CEO
Reaction score
Can i not pass on what ive been told to the fellow dogs members?
I thought this is the place for canterbury related discussion?
If you dont like my comments ignore them.
Sure you can pass them on. All I did was ask you a question, as you said rugby was a done deal, now it's a nrl club.

Status
Not open for further replies.