[SMH] Canterbury Bulldogs free up cash with departure of Curtis Rona and Tim Browne

Status
Not open for further replies.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
We will lose all these players and I bet you we won't even get Foran.

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Comment From Omarkhanji
Can we please have a definitI've answer on Rona? We deservery to know

I cant give you one as there is nothing to tell you. right now, he is with us for 2017

Comment From dog luva
Thanks Boss but im sure even us hicks have gps and cameras .But anyway any news on Rona is he off to union?

There has been a lot of speculation about Rona but right now he is contracted to us for 2017

Notice how in both answers, she explicitly states that as of "right now" he is with us for 2017. She doesn't deny the rumour about him going, just acknowledges it.

So even if this article is true, she hasn't lied. It's just classic politician mode. Who knows, maybe something changed which tipped the situation over the edge and when the Chat to the Boss thing happened it was still very much an uncertain thing.

I will be pretty sad if we lose him, but if he goes, it will clearly be his own choice so I don't think it is fair that we rally the pitchforks against Des or Raelene.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
The CEO can hardly be expected to be in Rona's head. He might have told the club one thing, but then turn around and do the opposite

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Comment From Omarkhanji

I cant give you one as there is nothing to tell you. right now, he is with us for 2017

Comment From dog luva
Thanks Boss but im sure even us hicks have gps and cameras .But anyway any news on Rona is he off to union?

There has been a lot of speculation about Rona but right now he is contracted to us for 2017

Notice how in both answers, she explicitly states that as of "right now" he is with us for 2017. She doesn't deny the rumour about him going, just acknowledges it.

So even if this article is true, she hasn't lied. It's just classic politician mode. Who knows, maybe something changed which tipped the situation over the edge and when the Chat to the Boss thing happened it was still very much an uncertain thing.

I will be pretty sad if we lose him, but if he goes, it will clearly be his own choice so I don't think it is fair that we rally the pitchforks against Des or Raelene.
I was just about to post this. A few people on here saying they "hate" liars, well turns out she didnt lie at all.

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd say we beat Manly just because we always do, kinda like we do to the storm despite the storm being in much better form and being a better side.
I hope your right just have that f up feeling especially after a short turn around against a TOUGH Newcastle side who we made look like a top 8 team lol

pisssst

CEO
Reaction score
Comment From Omarkhanji

Comment From dog luva

Yes she hasn't lied. She is patronising the fans, that in my books is way worse.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yeah she patronised. Even worse.
Tbh I couldnt give two fucks what the CEO says to me on a blog with the boss. I think she had actually done her job in regards to Rona, that is having him signed up until 2017. I dont think it's her fault he wants to go, if true. She could say no I guess but I wouldnt want a player playing for the club that wants to go.
I think people just want to have a go at someone, but if it were me I'd target my anger at a guy who has signed with the club but wants to leave, but thats just me.

pisssst

CEO
Reaction score
Tbh I couldnt give two fucks what the CEO says to me on a blog with the boss. I think she had actually done her job in regards to Rona, that is having him signed up until 2017. I dont think it's her fault he wants to go, if true. She could say no I guess but I wouldnt want a player playing for the club that wants to go.
I think people just want to have a go at someone, but if it were me I'd target my anger at a guy who has signed with the club but wants to leave, but thats just me.
Well if that's "just you" other people do give a fu3k about what's going on with our club. And no one is questioning why is he going or not. (Well I'm not anyways) but all she has to say is, yes there is an offer from rugby and we are looking into it. Fu3king simple. Why make a blog if your planing to talk smack. Not all the fans are dumb part time supporters. Some have been around long enough to Smell the bs.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I get where you are coming from Otara but couldn't she have just said 'yes, he is interested in going home to WA and we are currently working through the logistics. I'd like to remind everyone he is still contracted to the dogs until end 2017 and a final decision hasn't been made yet'.
A little honesty would go a long way brother and it was already being openly discussed so not as if she is giving away trade secrets.
She just shouldnt do the blog, probably the worst decision she has done.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Well if that's "just you" other people do give a fu3k about what's going on with our club. And no one is questioning why is he going or not. (Well I'm not anyways) but all she has to say is, yes there is an offer from rugby and we are looking into it. Fu3king simple. Why make a blog if your planing to talk smack. Not all the fans are dumb part time supporters. Some have been around long enough to Smell the bs.
I didnt say I dont give a fuck what goes on at our club, I said I dont give a fuck about what a CEO says on a blog. I wait until its confirmed, and she didnt confirm sweet fuck all in that blog.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
She just shouldnt do the blog, probably the worst decision she has done.
Maybe, but if she didn't do something like this people would be whining that she wasn't connecting with fans.

Damned if you do etc...

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I hope your right just have that f up feeling especially after a short turn around against a TOUGH Newcastle side who we made look like a top 8 team lol
The knights gave the storm and raiders a bit of a scare so if you look at like that I think we'll be ok.

pisssst

CEO
Reaction score
I didnt say I dont give a fuck what goes on at our club, I said I dont give a fuck about what a CEO says on a blog. I wait until its confirmed, and she didnt confirm sweet fuck all in that blog.
Ok. You don't give a fu3k about a blog, other people do. Why the fu3k have s blog and patronise? Do you think she isn't? Do you think she doesn't know if he is going?

pisssst

CEO
Reaction score
Maybe, but if she didn't do something like this people would be whining that she wasn't connecting with fans.

Damned if you do etc...
So you think by patronising/lying or what ever you wish to call it, is a good way to get fans on side?

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Ok. You don't give a fu3k about a blog, other people do. Why the fu3k have s blog and patronise? Do you think she isn't? Do you think she doesn't know if he is going?
I didnt even read the blog. I went in after the fact to see what seh had actually said today. She probably does know whats going on but I doubt she is even going to tell people online real news that they want, so she may as well just put the blog in the bin. She is only ever going to say shit like "yep working on signing them nw" or "signed until 2017 as of now" crap like that. So just bin the blog.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
So you think by patronising/lying or what ever you wish to call it, is better to get fans on side?
I never used those words.

Ok, so please provide a list of those answers you feel she "patronised/lied" about, and how she should have answered.

Being a CEO involves a lot of politics. Answers have to always be carefully crafted as they will be scritinized every which way. That's life.

Status
Not open for further replies.