[SMH] Canterbury Bulldogs free up cash with departure of Curtis Rona and Tim Browne

Status
Not open for further replies.

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Well toofu has stated several times that rona will see out his contract so maybe rona will go the following year. Will we blame des then?
why not? I blame Des for everything because he's a ****!

kicked my toe in the dark last night and yelled out fuck you hasler!

Kenya

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Rona's pathway to SOO has been blocked and he has a union background and isn't his Mrs from Perth?
Yes it hurts but better he defects to union than another club.

Question; IF money frees up (I thought Rona & Brownie weren't on much) do we want Foran?
As a player, a half as good as him on the back of our pigs is really exciting.
But the 'issues' thing is pretty scary in terms of his head - and IF there is any substance to allegations...

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
No point being pissed at the club coz he wants to go back to wa. At least hes not going to another nrl club or even esl. A shame. But it does open the door for possibly foran with des putting mbye in the backs somewhere. Hes a good runner of the ball so it might suit him. I know that it would be 2 5/8s in the halves but im sure its an improvement on reynolds with the rookie half we have now. Foran should be right by next season. Ive had some breakups where i thought the pain would never end. It does but. Some hot chick somewhere will give him the eye one day and he will forget all about the ex. Its what worked for me.

Could very well be that the eels club poisoned Foran's life. He seemed to be ok until the time that eels found out that they were losing 12 points and would struggle to make the finals. Probably in a dark mood for a long period. Neglects the missus, gives her some curry coz hes pissed off. Goes off the rails a bit. And that led to his breakup then breakdown. Hayne dodged a bullet not going back there. Place is a rabble.

Last edited:

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He may not do well in Union and may come back. Wish him the best of luck though.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I hope he's getting a massive payday, becasue the Force are useless and he will never be an All Black. Maybe he will play for the Wallabies and they get some big coin.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Rona's pathway to SOO has been blocked and he has a union background and isn't his Mrs from Perth?

Question; IF money frees up (I thought Rona & Brownie weren't on much) do we want Foran?
But the 'issues' thing is pretty scary in terms of his head - and IF there is any substance to allegations...
IF he gets cleared or no charges are made, sign him up. The guy is streets ahead of the halves we have.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
what a shame, Rona is an entertaining player, top class finisher on wing and would only get better with age.

Atleast we have depth to cover his loss but ffs Desmond sign a fullback with all the free cap space

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
I will be really upset if we lose Rona. As others said when we signed him I knew we had finally got a good back with some speed, size, strength and athletic ability to score those freaky trys that someone like Perrett just can't do (not knocking Perrett even if he is passed it he is not that kind of player).

That said if it's Rona wanting to go "home" to WA and his family/wife etc are wanting it you can't blame the club. It's a sad part of life that he is a person and with a young child, wife, family he will want to be home. It sucks for the Bulldogs though I will accept it (provide we recruit some quality) and that he isn't joining another farking NRL club.

As someone else said keep the door open incase he will ever return he has several years ahead.

In saying that the "quality" recruitment must start with Foran. Followed with someone like Mead or maybe Nofoluma or one of the 5 Warriors backs lol etc. Yes they are no superstar. Yes I'd rather keep Rona. Though they both provide some quality that we lack in the finishing touch and freakish trys and with Foran in the halves we are instantly a far better team regardless. Brenko Lee sure as shit in my opinion isn't the answer to replace Rona. If we ended up with Foran/Mbye/Reynolds/Lichaa for a year I'd even toy with Mbye at centre to see how he goes. Could be quality? Could become a far better 5/8 with Foran running the show.

I am also pretty open to the idea of Cook coming back. Not to dump Lichaa more so Garvey. We know he has some real quality in him from his run with us last year. For whatever reasons he hasn't come close to it at the Bunnies which if he does want out or is being shown the door for Farah then his form this year has not helped him with his price tag and you would think he believes his best form was with/through us. Low risk, high reward. Wouldn't mind him and Lichaa rotating week in week out if he found the form he had with us at the end of last year he is a far better 9 for us.

Anyhow that's my rant.

Last edited:

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

T rex money as well

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I hope he's getting a massive payday, becasue the Force are useless and he will never be an All Black. Maybe he will play for the Wallabies and they get some big coin.
he can go rugby Japan for crazy money.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hypothetically if it is about money I wouldn't have resigned Eastwood and used the money for Rona...

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
What is wrong with des? First barba, then Ennis,then Pritchard now Rona. All my favourite players

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
So Brenko Lee is meant to be the replacement for Rona ... And certain people on here question why we are upset ... WOW...

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Also rumours going around licha going back to sharks also next year. If that's the case and it's true also then maybe this is des last roll of the dice to prove himself. You can not possibly keep cutting players and signing average players hoping they will come good and win a premiership.

There are times I think to myself is des really a gun coach and the players we have are just not as good as we think they are. Then the days we turn up and rip a team a new ass hole it just makes shit more clear that attitude is one of our biggest problems and that all boils down to the coach.

Anyway as much as I love my doggies I can see us get smacked by manly who funny saying this are in better form then us. Scrapping through games against dragons and Newcastle ain't nothing to be excited about. Hell we almost lost both of them games also

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Also rumours going around licha going back to sharks also next year. If that's the case and it's true also then maybe this is des last roll of the dice to prove himself. You can not possibly keep cutting players and signing average players hoping they will come good and win a premiership.

There are times I think to myself is des really a gun coach and the players we have are just not as good as we think they are. Then the days we turn up and rip a team a new ass hole it just makes shit more clear that attitude is one of our biggest problems and that all boils down to the coach.

Anyway as much as I love my doggies I can see us get smacked by manly who funny saying this are in better form then us. Scrapping through games against dragons and Newcastle ain't nothing to be excited about. Hell we almost lost both of them games also
I'd say we beat Manly just because we always do, kinda like we do to the storm despite the storm being in much better form and being a better side.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
IF this is true and correct... Castle needs to go.

Can't stand liars.

Not the first time the media makes shit up.

Anyone notice these articles come or just days before we play and often disappear after?

Also he is POISED.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I knew Rona was too good for us.

Only happy person about this would be Holland.

Status
Not open for further replies.