Fan behaviour on trains

Status
Not open for further replies.

CeeEss

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Its bound to happen when you have many thousands of pumped fans going to and from a match. Younger ones cant control their enthusiasm as well as older folks, but its that way everywhere, not just dogs games trains.

If it is so terrifying to take the kiddies on the train, pay for parking at the game and drive. I believe some memberships include parking. There is also a lot of cheaper parking if you are happy to walk up to 10 minutes to the stadium from the farthest one.
I certainly wouldn't take my kids to the game on the train but the point is that travelling to a game of football should be a legitimate option. It shouldn't have to be ruled out because of obnoxious 14 year old turds.

CeeEss

Kennel Established
Reaction score
So why don't you say something instead of coming on an internet forum acting like men...

Sorry I don't mean to offend anyone, but if you thought those guys are idiots and all deserved to be round up and put up in some zoo (which i totally agree with) then say something... don't just come on an internet site and act all taugh about it.
Because I don't want to end up with a knife in my back or be gutlessly attacked by 20 of these grubs.

I don't think anyone has been on here acting all tough about it, people are just expressing concern about how some of our alleged supporters behave in public.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Thank to all who have commented on this thread. I will, in future, drive to games. As I've said before - that will solve my problem but does nothing toward fixing the problem of hooligans in the blue & white running wild on the trains. This, when people are being asked to leave their cars at home and travel to games by public transport.

My family is four generations of Bulldog supporters, but I go to the games alone now.

I will write to Todd Greenburg, but I don't know what he can do.

As luck would have it, the next home game is a day that I work, and I have no option but to go to the ground straight from the City - which means catching the train.

Can anyone recomend a good place to stop for a drink after the game while the drop-kicks head off on the early trains?

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Can anyone recomend a good place to stop for a drink after the game while the drop-kicks head off on the early trains?
Novotel - The Brewery (if open), or The Pullman (Bacar) if they hold the bar open late. But it's not a party atmosphere in either really, more a quiet place to have a drink.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Novotel - The Brewery (if open), or The Pullman (Bacar) if they hold the bar open late. But it's not a party atmosphere in either really, more a quiet place to have a drink.
Thanks Mr.I - I'm too old to party these days.

MAL75E

Man Of The Match
Reaction score
Looking sideways is enough to get these idiots to fire up. Speaking out against a group of them gives you a good chance of getting:
a) stabbed
b) the crap kicked out of you at the station when you depart
c) verbally or physically harassed
c) both a, b and c

I don't like the idea of getting into fights at all. These days you get in a fight and even if you do win (or make the aggressor look like an idiot when you put him on his arse in a choke hold), chances are the bloke you flogged will have 20 of his mates arrive in next to no time and turn the tables, OR if they are around they'll join in, OR police will get called and you'll get charged for assault. In short - nobody wins.

With these sort of individuals there really is no conflict resolution. Males with their peers, full of testosterone and with something to prove to their mates, in a enclosed train. It won't end well for anyone who pipes up and attempts to talk to them. They'll just cop a gobfull or even worse.
^^^ THIS and after whats been happening over the last couple of days getting king hit is the last thing anyone wants 2 people dead because of king hits 1 bloke stabbed at a bus stop

CeeEss

Kennel Established
Reaction score
You can also hang around in the Members Bar for around 10-15 minutes after the game. This might be long enough to avoid most of the ratbags.

paxmaxi

Waterboy
Reaction score
They are the same thugs who behave revoltinging during the game. EASY: Employ people ( the club) to identify who these people are and give them life bans. I don't care how many there are, this has to STOP!

Martyr

Waterboy
Reaction score
So why don't you say something instead of coming on an internet forum acting like men...

Sorry I don't mean to offend anyone, but if you thought those guys are idiots and all deserved to be round up and put up in some zoo (which i totally agree with) then say something... don't just come on an internet site and act all taugh about it.
It's not the job of a common civilian to pull into line an antisocial mob of people.

I rarely post on these forums (read a ton though) but I feel your comments are simply the wrong attitude to have towards this issue.

B

BoonReturns

They need to expand the P.O.R.S(riot squad) and have them roam like a gestapo strike force using heavy handed tactics to dimwits who deserve it.Australia is a beautiful country but the judicial system has failed law enforcement by not sending a clear message that if you comit a crime you will do the time.Civil libertarians are also guilty of watering down police powers to do what is required by drowning them with loads of paperwork after each arrest or use of force incident.Countries like Singapore have it right to the point that women can travel alone at night in safety, as crims know they will be dealt with accordingly and the cops will give you a beating(to a point) and they won't be investigated.Sadly a comonsense approach is not so common.
This is simply the only way forward. Shame we have the Labor/Green party against anything that is sensible along with all the supporters of the mess they are. Sadly though the alternative is not that much better

B

BoonReturns

You are asking a 63 year old man to confront a group of thugs on a train? That is a disgraceful comment. He has every right to air his views on a Bulldogs forum. Hopefully by having discussions on the issue it can be solved.

On a side not, didn't the police have a unit that targetted middle eastern youths? If it is not currently in action I would like to think they bring that back

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
What has this world come too. These young guys causing all these problems will cop it back one day when they least expect it. It will happen when all their mates are not around in a few years (married with children).

I hope one day when I am 63 that I can go watch the Bulldogs smash other teams (especially the Dragons!)

Allan

Man of Steel
Reaction score
A few years ago my wife and I were in Manhattan and decided to take the chance to attend a Yankees game. We arrived at the station but didn't know which train to catch but there were 2 armed transit police on the platform so we asked them. They smiled and told us the train to catch. When we boarded the train, without saying anything, the 2 police came with us. They accompanied us all the way to the stadium station. After the 8th inning we decided to go home. We arrived at the station which was pretty deserted as the game wasn't over. Again we approached the transit police to ask what was the correct train. Again they smiled and told us and again they boarded the train with us and rode all the way back into the city.

These were big tough guys not like the little weeds most of our police are. They had guns but you had the feeling they could and would deal with just about anything with just their night sticks. None of the little bastards who cause trouble for us would have risked looking sideways at them. I really think that our rail system could benefit with hiring guys like these. Trains in New York are really safe because of them.

NotRayHadley

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
This has been a great read.
The victim's have had their chance to speak and their support people have been able to challenge the heroes who are so separated from reality, that they think confrontation in the moment is a viable solution.
The truth is, we are all victims in this situation.
The innocents on the receiving end, the tax payer who has to fund the repairs, the tax payer who has to fund the policing requirements, the fans who presumed guilty by club allegiance, the fans who are presumed guilty via ethnic association, fans and public who are presumed bigots because they call it as they see it and the Club's reputation in public in tatters because of fools who can afford a blue and white jersey and think that they are well 'ard after a football match and a shoddy media only looking for a headline and damn the full story.
Every angle, someone loses.

Acknowledging the issue is the first step and it looks like the posters here are mostly mature enough after the last 7 pages.
If this can't be managed internally by using our big words, with those we all know who are acting up, outside and away from the moment, the embarassment of shaming the protaganists with the Club, law and media, may be the only course and at least we can be viewed as pro-active.
Too few of the idiots will be Kennelers so there will not be much traction dealing with this here. you have to go to the Club. It's is their reputation at stake and they who will manage it in the media and called into account.
Film it if safe to do so and forward it to the Club.
Nobody should be forced change their travel plans out of fear or shame. These are not isolated one offs.

Thanks for reading.
Ray is always watching...

Janice

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Going to that game on Saturday Chris, will arrange a place to meet and drive you home.

rainman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Agree with Boon. Disgraceful or he didn't read and understand, either ones about the same. The guy is 63, these kids will eat him alive.

On the subject theres usually a whole bay of them at games, wish the cops would do something.

The parra game the cops approached them over something, and they just started chanting **** the police until they left.
I bet they had the sides of their pin heads shaved and had rats tails
nothing a team of cops with batons couldn't fix.

The-Game

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
A few years ago my wife and I were in Manhattan and decided to take the chance to attend a Yankees game. We arrived at the station but didn't know which train to catch but there were 2 armed transit police on the platform so we asked them. They smiled and told us the train to catch. When we boarded the train, without saying anything, the 2 police came with us. They accompanied us all the way to the stadium station. After the 8th inning we decided to go home. We arrived at the station which was pretty deserted as the game wasn't over. Again we approached the transit police to ask what was the correct train. Again they smiled and told us and again they boarded the train with us and rode all the way back into the city.

These were big tough guys not like the little weeds most of our police are. They had guns but you had the feeling they could and would deal with just about anything with just their night sticks. None of the little bastards who cause trouble for us would have risked looking sideways at them. I really think that our rail system could benefit with hiring guys like these. Trains in New York are really safe because of them.
Our government would never do that. And even with big nasty guys, nowdays most the troublesome scurge are friends with them. They'd never employ Police to do it, but even with security all we get is big fatas5's who wouldn't do nothing cept cause ground trembles.

Abdul..

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Bloody Royal Commission stuffed up policing in this state. They don't want coppers, they want social workers dressed in blue. Bring back the Irish coppers who would smack you around and then bring you into the station.

There is no respect for the cops, how can they respect ordinary person.

My advice, do not confront these hoons. I am Lebanese, I am telling you that most of these wanna be thugs are also. Do not approach them. Don't even look at them. Tough guys they are... In numbers. And 0 respect

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.