Fan behaviour on trains

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Last night's win was soured by my trip home on the train. The behaviour of our Bulldog fans made me sick to the core. They violently banged their fists and feet on the carriage panels, windows and doors. They ran up and down the aisles, pushing and shoving into passengers. Their language was obscene and foul - and broadcast at shouting level in a continuous, roaring din.

At no stage was their any excited talk about the game, just excitement over a fight, and the aggressive nature of their "fun". These were people looking for trouble.
And I'm not talking about a handful of thugs - I'm talking a trainload. Innocent passengers were terrified by the disgusting behaviour.

When I wear the Blue and White, I can't help but feel that I am seen in the same light as the thugs I wintness every time I travel to Olympic Park by train. It's enough to have me thinking that I shouldn't renew my membership next year. I can't take it any longer.

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Thats a shame. They need more Police on the trains in that case or use CCTV to get rid of these geese!

I want to take my kids to the game but it looks like it wont be by train!

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
I caught my last ever train 4 years ago. Car every time from now on.
My feeling now. But it doesn't stop the disturbing scenes I witnessed last night. The poor innocent passengers, and fans of other clubs are going to keep copping it.

Go Dogs

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Yeah as much as the club changes & moves forwards for the better. There is a ****ty element of our supporters which stays the same. Perhaps even goes backwards. Time doesn't seem to be improving the situation. You often wonder how these people are raised.. Some of their behaviour is pretty much the lowest knuckle dragging sort of **** ever. They are all soft cocks too and operate in packs. It disgusts me that they are fans of the Bulldogs.

A lot of people like to give it to other fans for not travelling to homebush for games etc, but there is a very good reason a lot of fans don't to go to our games. People really need to stop being in denial about it. Just like society is in denial that alchohol is a massive massive problem in the community (although a lot of these so called 'fans' aren't even drinking. they are just anti social ********s which is almost worse imo)

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Going by what others have used as an excuse in the past - It's because we're called things like Bullwogs etc.

That's enough reason to make an absolute fool of yourself.

</sarcasm>

Go Dogs

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
lol **** off they are not even proper wogs ;) :P

the dumb ****s should just laugh it off

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
A couple wa**ers on the train wouldn't be enough for me to stop renewing my membership.
Try being a little proactive, take a video and send it to the club.

Bakes

The REAL Bakes
Reaction score
You are not going to renew your membership because of a small percentage of idiots? Come on mate, thats ridiculous.
Everywhere you go in life you will come across idiots, believe me they are not limited to Bulldogs supporters

Go Dogs

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Yeah and if I didnt work every weekend night I would catch the train too, I am not concerned, but families with kids etc, dont want to potentially expose their children etc to that sort of behaviour. After the adrenalin of a game, that sort of stuff really rattles some people and the whole 'experience' is too much. Try putting yourself in other peoples shoes in this case, not everyone can handle a situation like that and not be bothered.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
You are not going to renew your membership because of a small percentage of idiots? Come on mate, thats ridiculous.
Everywhere you go in life you will come across idiots, believe me they are not limited to Bulldogs supporters
What do you call a small percentage? An entire trainload looks like a hell of a lot when you're in the middle of it. Mate, I'm 63 years old and travel alone. There are others like me, and young families with kids who should not have to put up with this rubbish.

I love going to the games, but I have to ask myself what enjoyment do I get from it when the trip home is absolutely terrifying?

Ghost of Dime

Future1stGrader
Reaction score
that's bullsht mate, shooting's too good for these turds . Filth like this disgust me, do you know if the trains have CCTV that you could have sent to the club?

UmoGus

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Same story with me and my mate last night. The typical scum that attend the games.

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
there's a reason why i dont catch the train from the game anymore...its a bloody disgrace that people act like this tbh

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Look you have a game where there were over 20,000 bulldogs fans and they all leave the match at the same time. So there is a huge concentration of them for a short period. Odds are that even if only 1 in 100 fans was an idiot, there would be dozens of them on the trains in a window after the match. There will also be many more normal, polite bulldogs fans on the same train.

Dont think its a "club" problem. They could put train guards in every carriage for the trains that get fans from the game for a while after the match. That may help.

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Last night's win was soured by my trip home on the train. The behaviour of our Bulldog fans made me sick to the core. They violently banged their fists and feet on the carriage panels, windows and doors. They ran up and down the aisles, pushing and shoving into passengers. Their language was obscene and foul - and broadcast at shouting level in a continuous, roaring din.

At no stage was their any excited talk about the game, just excitement over a fight, and the aggressive nature of their "fun". These were people looking for trouble.
And I'm not talking about a handful of thugs - I'm talking a trainload. Innocent passengers were terrified by the disgusting behaviour.

When I wear the Blue and White, I can't help but feel that I am seen in the same light as the thugs I wintness every time I travel to Olympic Park by train. It's enough to have me thinking that I shouldn't renew my membership next year. I can't take it any longer.
Pathetic.

Out of interest, what nationality was the majority of these vole?

Bakes

The REAL Bakes
Reaction score
What do you call a small percentage? An entire trainload looks like a hell of a lot when you're in the middle of it. Mate, I'm 63 years old and travel alone. There are others like me, and young families with kids who should not have to put up with this rubbish.

I love going to the games, but I have to ask myself what enjoyment do I get from it when the trip home is absolutely terrifying?
Didnt realise your age, sorry mate. You cant give up on something that you clearly love just because of others. Unfortunately stupid adolescents will always be around.
My suggestion is that you sit in the area right next to the guard.

the_crusader

I'm a big blob of LARD
Reaction score
last night some of our "fans" set off the smoke alarm on the train because they were smoking

Status
Not open for further replies.