Search results

1. froggy

What About Cameron Smith?

Pretty certain Dean Pay is not the answer going forward. Just has not shown enough in 3 years albeit with shit roster. But who is? My answer would be to throw the chequebook at Cameron Smith. If there ever was a coach already playing the game he is it. Worth the gamble. Not only do I think he...
  2. froggy

SOS for a centre!

If our club can’t see our biggest problem then they are blind. We need new centres. I can live with Hopoate if no-one else will take him but Kerrod Holland and Montoya are surely a freak show that must finish. The club must pay overs to get a decent centre here. Smith and Okunbor look good...
  3. froggy

Can we attract anyone?

With Brailey re-signing with the Sharks and Robson signing with the Cowboys are we now in the no-go zone for young players. Considering we were keen on both of them and missed both. Are we now the bottom rung on the ladder for recruitment. We look like paying overs for anyone in the future...
  4. froggy

The case for Aaron Woods

With so many on here death riding Woods out of our club I thought I would share the below information. Stats are for 8 of the top rated props in the game. You will see that Woods is not going as bad as people might think. You have to remember that if we let him go we will have to replace him and...
  5. froggy

Have we now got $1.2M

After what Andrew Hill said a couple of weeks ago combined with releasing Mbye yesterday on maybe $700k changeover does that mean we now have $1.2 million to spend on 6 players? If that is the case what positions will the club shore up? And do we go afte 4-5 good players or 1-2 stars?
  6. froggy

Real reason of letting players go?

After Andrew Hill assured everyone at the fan forum that the salary cap problem was not as bad as reported, why is it that we keep hearing that players are still shopped around? Is it that the salary cap fiasco is indeed still a big problem and we need to shed players just to stay compliant? Or...
  7. froggy

Did Andrew Hill lie to us?

if the Mbye rumour is true and I’m sure it is, what does that say about what Andrew Hill said to us last week. He said we will not be forced to shop anyone around. We had 5 spots left for $500k. We will not be paying other clubs players to play against us? Its taken about a week for all that to...
  8. froggy

Mbye-Haslers biggest mistake?

The way Mbye has settled into the Fullback position makes me cry. A lot of our supporters were calling for him to be moved to Fullback as far back as 2014. Hasler for some reason wanted to create a problem with having three halves fit into two. (Hodkinson/Reynolds/Mbye) We were publicly...
  9. froggy

Is this a rebuilding year?

We all know that we won't win the comp this year with the side and depth we have. (Or don't have for that matter). So, is this a rebuilding year? To rebuild you need to lay foundations for the future. Where are those foundations? Where is our Kaylin Ponga or Trbojevic brothers? A player young...
  10. froggy

Home Advantage

There were 8 games played this weekend. Six home teams won. Two lost. Guess which two lost? The two money hungry clubs that took their advantage to Perth. The home ground advantage should rarely be given away let alone against the defending premiers. Nice parting gift Dib!
  11. froggy

Wtf is going on at Bulldogs HQ?

From what i have heard the turnover at the club over the last couple of years is horrendous. Apparently about 30 office staff have turned over in the last 2 and a half years. 12 have resigned since March this year. This management is a disgrace. This once great club has been truly fukked by...
  12. froggy

Frawley zero minutes?

Chase Stanley was going so well that Hasler could afford to rest Frawley and give him no minutes. Has he lost the plot completely? So we are that good that we are now taking on other teams with 16 players. Blind freddy could see the Stanley experiment was not working. Its as if Hasler was...
  13. froggy

James Graham $1M

We must make Newcastle take Graham off our hands. Surely they would pay the whole contract as they are despatate for that type of player. For him to take 10% of our cap next year is criminal. He should have a balaclava on when they pay him.
  14. froggy

What's Changed?

This is an article from last year. Then the team put up the season from hell this year. So what changed from then to when Hasler got re-signed. Bulldogs coach Des Hasler has lost the support of board members OCTOBER 12, 201611:18AM DES Hasler has lost the support of “several” Bulldogs...
  15. froggy

Where the @#%* is Dib

Has anyone heard from the messiah? Before he went on holidays he was all over the media justifying resigning Hasler and how we are not a reactive club and all. I'd love to hear from him now and ask him what he thinks of the shit they are delivering on the field. We are excruciating to watch...
  16. froggy

Benefit of Dean Pay

With Dean Pay coaching the NSW under 16's and under 18's the last few years surely he has developed good relationships with the top NSW talent there is. If he were to become our head coach would there open up opportunities for us to pinch the best NSW kids so they could play under Pay...
  17. froggy

Now that we are out of finals contention....

Our season is gone. Anyone who says otherwise has just watched their first NRL game. Will Hasler change things or try things? Surely its time to try some of the younger guys especially in the halves and backline. Lewis or Cleeland must get a crack. Lichaa on the bench is like have a spare...
  18. froggy

Press Conference

Hasler is embarrassing. It looks like a nine year old is holding the press conference. "We had our chances" - I am sick of hearing this shit. We didn't have our chances. We took our chances and scored two tries. At least he didnt say we didnt control possession. Because we did and still lost...
  19. froggy

Gloom and more gloom!

After watching that reserve grade game tonight I felt ill knowing our future is shored up with the re-signing of Holland, Eastwood, Hopoate, Tolman, Mbye and of course Hasler. What the fukk has this admin done? Do they know that we have been sentenced to boredom and bottom of the table for the...
  20. froggy

Is there an alternate view on how we are going as a club?

Does anyone on here actually think the club is run well? Taking personalities out of it how is the club being run and how is it positioned if a Sydney team needs to go? Obviously we have money. But that is not through the hard work of the current administration. That is mainly through the fact...
  21. froggy

2008 Revisited

After watching yesterdays debacle I have concluded that we are about to repeat the infamous run in 2008. We won one game out of our last 14. Ironically i think that game was just before SBW walked. Yesterday had all the hallmarks of a team and coach that have run out of ideas. Most of the...
  22. froggy

Let me guess: lack of possession was the reason we lost.

I can save everyone listening to the press conference now. Des: We just didnt control possession
  23. froggy

We must learn from Origin

If we take one thing from the origin win its that we need to learn from the example set by not playing Farah and Gallen. Farah and Gallen are our Graham and Tolman. How good would it be if our attack did what NSW did last night and let the halves get the ball early. Jackson and Kasiano would...
  24. froggy

Standing Start!

When are Kasiano, Eastwood, Tolman and to a lesser extent Graham going to run off the back fence and charge onto the ball. I am sick of seeing these flatfooted runs that have no impact at all. Nearly every Roosters forward charged onto it in the first half. We have zero speed in our attack...
  25. froggy

Cleanout Anyone?

Where is this cleanout everyone was talking about. Last night was the perfect example of a club that needs a cleanout of players. (the only reason I didn't say coach is that he has re-signed for two more years.) Some of the missed tackles in broken play were horrendous and nothing like I've...
  26. froggy

Grow some balls Des

When is Hasler going to make the call on who of Mbye, Reynolds or Lichaa misses out? You cannot continue with this half cocked idea of having a halfback on the bench. Just make the call and lets see how it goes from the start with Frawley at 7. I would still love to see an option of trying...
  27. froggy

Why are we the only club that has to shed players?

Just because we sign two players we apparently have to shed "2.5M" worth of players. I call bullshit on that. The cap could be going up by upwards of $2m on this year. We have four or five players off contract as well. Every other club just sign Bird and Tedesco and the media say nothing...
  28. froggy

Broncos show Bulldogs how to recruit

Its funny how the Broncos go after a player with no fuss and drama and just nail him. Jack Bird signs four year deal. When we go after a player or try to retain a star it seems that it is played in the media for 3 months before we end up missing out. The Broncos can teach us a thing or two...
  29. froggy

Could we end up with no-one?

Is our club that poorly run that we could end up with either only one new player for next year or even worse no new players. Every other club just seem to be able to sign players comfortably yet when we enter the market evrybody knows about it and we never seem to get our target. What does...
  30. froggy

Is time running out?

Now that Brooks and Moses are tied up, are we gunna sign anyone. If Cronk retires then Foran is the only decent half left and he has rejected us three times already. I can live with Hasler being re-signed, but only if there is a player revamp. Just one player wont be enough.
  31. froggy

Castle's press conference

Did anyone hear her say this during the press conference " signing Des was never about winning or losing football games" FMD, is she for real? She must think she is the CEO of a nursing home or something. Correct me if i'm wrong but is there anything else it could be about other than winning...
  32. froggy

What Now?

Now that Des is seemingly safe from the board sacking him, what changes for next year? We must have change. I know we won last night but the core problems still exist. With Hasler staying surely its a player cleanout. But who? Some of the likely candidates are under contract for not just next...
  33. froggy

This pisses me off!

This was a quote from Hasler yesterday: "We just lost our way with possession at the end of last year. But that's last year, I think that's been done to death." It is insulting to us fans to keep flogging the Possession excuse. There was more than just a lack of possession problem in the back...
  34. froggy

Who's to Blame?

We are fu#%ed! I think we all can agree on that now. But who is to blame? The prime suspects are 1. The Board 2. Castle 3. Hasler 4. Players Peponis said yesterday that we are not Wests. Well the board are doing a great impersonation of them. They are a rabble. No guts at end of last year to...
  35. froggy

Have we missed the boat with Cleary?

Has Cleary agreed to terms with Tigers? If so, who is available? Do we have real options? Dean Pay?
  36. froggy

Lichaa Wow!

Where has this been from Lichaa. He ran a few times and made some really important metres. I reckon thats his best game for us. Has Hasler taken the shackles off?
  37. froggy

We must sign Mitchell Moses

Signing Mitchell Moses would be the biggest signing since Baa Baa in my opinion. Of who is on the market at the moment Moses is a must! Reynolds needs to move on(I know he plays with passion but first grade is more than just passion.) Mbye needs someone like Moses to take the organising from...
  38. froggy

Time to Vote

After all the fuss lets see where everybody stands today before the imbecile board get together. My vote is in.
  39. froggy

In the meantime...

Whilst we as a club are sitting on our hands and in some cases on our big salaries, clubs like the Melbourne Storm are out and about looking to improve for next year. I heard that Lolohea is just about a done deal to go there. Seriously how can we be sitting there with no signings and the grand...
  40. froggy

Why Cleal was sacked

NOEL “Crusher” Cleal lost his job at Canterbury for misjudging the ability of two of the game’s hottest players who ended up at the Sydney Roosters. We can reveal Lattrell Mitchell and Connor Watson were offered to the Dogs before eventually joining the Roosters. The Dogs also didn’t want...
  41. froggy

When Membership team ring me!

I can't wait to hear from the membership team in the next couple of months. They will get the spray from hell. As far as I'm concerned we are spoon material next year. Unless we can weave some magic in the player market over the next few weeks we are getting passed by Souths Roosters Warriors...
  42. froggy

No Change Yet?

Let me guess, nothing has changed yet? The way things are looking we are going to head into 2017 with a weaker squad than the one we failed with this year. For all the talk of change what is really going to happen? The deck chairs on the titanic are getting moved around. Thats about it. I...
  43. froggy

Carney Available

Could we fit Carney and Foran? Apparently Carney looking to get back to NRL next year. Or should we go after Carney instead of Foran. He would be cheaper i reckon. Both are far better options than we have at the moment.
  44. froggy

Raelene needs to go!

This is what Castle was quoted today when asked about how the fans consider success "“One-third of it is about football and the rest is about commercial and all of our commercial measures are up." To me 80% is about football and the rest will follow on the back of it. she really doesnt get...
  45. froggy

Will 6 years be a record?

If Hasler is here till end of next year and assuming we don't win it (fair assumption) will it be a record period of service for a coach who hasn't won a premiership? Six years is a long time to be a coach and not win a title. Most coaches get 2-3 years and get the arse. I know we aren't a...
  46. froggy

Must Cut Head Off First

if this club is truly going to bounce back it must start at the top. Either Ray (I'm becoming a powerbroker in Rugby League) Dib or the woman he so proudly appointed Raelene (I'll fix world peace through the Bulldogs) Castle must perish on their sword. We are a rudderless organisation. I have...
  47. froggy

Klemmer warned for throwing bottle

Has Klemmer been charged for bottle throwing? Apparently Josh Massoud says he faves a week for throwing bottle.
  48. froggy

I WANT MY CLUB BACK

We need an overhaul. The club has gone down the wrong direction for ages now. Our home ground is soulless. Our CEO is a new age politician and has no idea about Rugby League and its unique style. Our coach still refers to the players and club as they and not we. Our players barring a couple...
  49. froggy

Our new Half?

just saw the halves off contract at the end of next year ( which means if u sign for 2018 now u will prob get them for next year). Out of all that are available my top three targets would be: Mitchell Moses Mitchell Pearce Adam Reynolds I have no doubt a premiership is belmore bound if one of...
  50. froggy

Boring Bulldogs

This is my rant for the season. I am sick of Graham or Tolman getting the ball first receiver. Every time we have a set in the opposition 20 they have 2 settlers. Therefore we have 2 or 3 tackles to create anything cause our last tackle options are impotent as well. Why the hell is Reynolds...
  51. froggy

JT, what were we thinking?

THE legacy of the late Graham Murray will loom over Townsville on Saturday as Johnathan Thurston plays his 250th NRL game against the Warriors. It took a personal sales pitch from Cowboys coach Murray to lure the shy young playmaker away from Canterbury a decade ago, changing the destiny of...