Standing Start!

Status
Not open for further replies.

froggy

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
When are Kasiano, Eastwood, Tolman and to a lesser extent Graham going to run off the back fence and charge onto the ball. I am sick of seeing these flatfooted runs that have no impact at all. Nearly every Roosters forward charged onto it in the first half.

We have zero speed in our attack. It is all so slow. The ball is played slow. It is then more than not thrown behind the first receiver. That first receiver is almost always a prop.

The fact that we score any points at all is a miracle considering the leadup.

We invariably score no tries from kicks, unlike nearly all the teams in the NRL.

We need not only an overhaul of the roster but a serious change in style. We can only hope that Foran brings that change.

Kiwipup

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Foran is going to get the Dogs as far as he has gotten the Warriors.

Warriors issue is Kearney and the Dogs issue is hasbeen.

Blah, blah, blah 2 time premiership winning coach with Manly, Des Hasler, just like Eastwood and Kasiano have fallen behind and lost touch with the modern day game.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
When are Kasiano, Eastwood, Tolman and to a lesser extent Graham going to run off the back fence and charge onto the ball. I am sick of seeing these flatfooted runs that have no impact at all. Nearly every Roosters forward charged onto it in the first half.

We have zero speed in our attack. It is all so slow. The ball is played slow. It is then more than not thrown behind the first receiver. That first receiver is almost always a prop.

The fact that we score any points at all is a miracle considering the leadup.

We invariably score no tries from kicks, unlike nearly all the teams in the NRL.

We need not only an overhaul of the roster but a serious change in style. We can only hope that Foran brings that change.
Des is so out of date he doesn't seem to think kicks are a genuine attacking option. How many times have you seem him at post match press conferences quote the fact that our opposition scored off kicks - AS if it were some lucky fucking miracle so doesn't count against our defence. If Des thinks kicks in attack are just a lottery OBVIOUSLY he's not gonna put too much OR ANY practice into them at training is he ?. I guess he thinks we have so many other and better attacking options thanks to him that practising something with a 50% success rate would just be a waste of time at training - especially when the boys can do better stuff like lifting and throwing truck tyres, etc.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
you think Foran is going to make our forwards charge with the ball which they havent done for last 4 years? lol

we are going to achieve less than what Warriors will achieve this year with Foran.

Only thing which is going to improve is Des's bank balance.

Last edited:

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Kas and Eastwood are already thinking about playing for other teams beyond 2017. They are passengers in the Blue and White at the moment.
Reggies for them IMO. Give them something to think about and another 2 hungry replacements an opportunity.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Reggies for them IMO. Give them something to think about and another 2 hungry replacements an opportunity.
Bro RFM was sitting beside Josh Reynolds in the players enclosure and every time we made a mistake or the Roosters got a call he'd bang the empty chair in front of him and kicking it LOL maybe give a guy like that a go who even from the side lines is passionate.

bulamakdoggy

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Lol at Eastwood. Apparently no other team wants him and we could be stuck with him next year and that is scaring the crap out of management. Did absolutely nothing our there today

Same with Kasiano.
He is starting to resemble T Rex.

I was in sheds after game and both these guys did not look interested, not interaction with fans. Kasiano also had a decent limp on him so some sort of leg injury.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Bro RFM was sitting beside Josh Reynolds in the players enclosure and every time we made a mistake or the Roosters got a call he'd bang the empty chair in front of him and kicking it LOL maybe give a guy like that a go who even from the side lines is passionate.
Someone at the game said RFM had a moon boot on. I couldn't see him but it may explain why he hasn't had a start in FG recently.

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I just dont understand what goes through that thick head of a coach. No brainer.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Someone at the game said RFM had a moon boot on. I couldn't see him but it may explain why he hasn't had a start in FG recently.
Nah man, he wasn't in a moon boot and didn't look to be in any discomfort or showing signs of injury.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
This is one of our biggest problems. People can complain about our spine or our backs as much as they want, but aslong as our forwards are flat footed for large periods of the game then we are well and truly fucked.

We looked good at the start of the game, our forwards ran direct and with intent and we were winning the contact. That gave us the space and momentum to play our flat shitty style of footy and we scored a nice try and things looked good...

Next thing you know our forwards are flat as fuck and just strolling into the defensive line and getting smashed. Then in defence we have 0 linespeed and let the Roosters march upfield and easily win the contact. Our forwards looked gassed and it only gets worse with the lack of possession we had.

Our forwards look poorly conditioned and lack any explosive power. Us starting with 3 props is also fucking shit. We really need a more mobile and explosive forward in the 13. RFM and To'omaga are 2 players i think that could fill that role for us and will bring some speed and footwork for us.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Lol at Eastwood. Apparently no other team wants him and we could be stuck with him next year and that is scaring the crap out of management. Did absolutely nothing our there today

Same with Kasiano.
He is starting to resemble T Rex.

I was in sheds after game and both these guys did not look interested, not interaction with fans. Kasiano also had a decent limp on him so some sort of leg injury.

guys didnt look interested? oh what a surprise

our coach hasnt looked interested in last 4 years , so its natural to trickle down to players.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
13 years without a premiership. That record is just going to keep ticking along for a number of years yet.

It really is seriously depressing.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
This is one of our biggest problems. People can complain about our spine or our backs as much as they want, but aslong as our forwards are flat footed for large periods of the game then we are well and truly fucked.

We looked good at the start of the game, our forwards ran direct and with intent and we were winning the contact. That gave us the space and momentum to play our flat shitty style of footy and we scored a nice try and things looked good...

Next thing you know our forwards are flat as fuck and just strolling into the defensive line and getting smashed. Then in defence we have 0 linespeed and let the Roosters march upfield and easily win the contact. Our forwards looked gassed and it only gets worse with the lack of possession we had.

Our forwards look poorly conditioned and lack any explosive power. Us starting with 3 props is also fucking shit. We really need a more mobile and explosive forward in the 13. RFM and To'omaga are 2 players i think that could fill that role for us and will bring some speed and footwork for us.
I agree. You can have 1 or maybe 2 of your forwards who don't have explosive speed but we have 3 or 4 of them and as I said elsewhere if Fualolo plays with the speed he did today he'll be knocking on the door of starting soon. Back it up with RFM and To'omaga (I haven't seen this bloke but he looked ok in the 9s) on the bench and flick the two big plodders and suddenly you have a lot more energy. I could live with Graham and Tolman doing their thing (Tolman 51 tackles today) as long as we have genuine and sustained impact coming on after 20. That big lump Okunbar looks good in the 20s as well and would be better sitting on the bench than wasting the spot on a winger who doesn't get a look in. He's a centre/second rower so he has versatility and scored a good try today.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I agree. You can have 1 or maybe 2 of your forwards who don't have explosive speed but we have 3 or 4 of them and as I said elsewhere if Fualolo plays with the speed he did today he'll be knocking on the door of starting soon. Back it up with RFM and To'omaga (I haven't seen this bloke but he looked ok in the 9s) on the bench and flick the two big plodders and suddenly you have a lot more energy. I could live with Graham and Tolman doing their thing (Tolman 51 tackles today) as long as we have genuine and sustained impact coming on after 20. That big lump Okunbar looks good in the 20s as well and would be better sitting on the bench than wasting the spot on a winger who doesn't get a look in. He's a centre/second rower so he has versatility and scored a good try today.
Des will never do it, we already have way too many props on big coin to only start 2 of them.

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Des is so out of date he doesn't seem to think kicks are a genuine attacking option. How many times have you seem him at post match press conferences quote the fact that our opposition scored off kicks - AS if it were some lucky fucking miracle so doesn't count against our defence. If Des thinks kicks in attack are just a lottery OBVIOUSLY he's not gonna put too much OR ANY practice into them at training is he ?. I guess he thinks we have so many other and better attacking options thanks to him that practising something with a 50% success rate would just be a waste of time at training - especially when the boys can do better stuff like lifting and throwing truck tyres, etc.
To give a sense of how des' mind works, tune into the fox replay of the match. It'll feature Brett k. Brett kimmorley was at a nrl datajam, and he was sitting next to des. Des proceeded to tell him, how kicks going further than 10 concede something like 0.4 points and kicks going to the 10 concede only 0.2.

The bloke is a numbers and data man.. so yes you're right. Scoring off kicks is probably statistically the worst option to score points. But it doesn't explain why we used to die on the last with the ball

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Tbh just looked like a team with better halves won to me. You can say the forwards were all flat footed as you want, but the team was still in the game until the end a better halves pairing would have done better.

Just more crutches for the rubish players. Crutches all around.

Status
Not open for further replies.