Woods

Status
Not open for further replies.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I don't understand all the hate about Woods. He's a consistent forward who churns out good meters, attracts a lot of defenders and can get an arm free. He got dominated in origin 3 but so did ALL the nsw forwards including Fifita. People need to stop getting on the hate bandwagon. He's a good forward and I think he'll prove a lot of people wrong at the dogs next year.
Where is he going to play? Centre? Second row on the edge?

Klemmer doesn't even play prop and he's better than Graham, Tolman and Kasiano. The first two are contracted next year and even if we somehow offload one of them, that still leaves too many props and Klemmer still won't play prop.

The club made a moronic decision to re-sign Hasler and let him make more horrifically idiotic signings like Woods while other clubs sign guys who would have been perfect like Ponga, Watson, Gagai, Tedesco and so on.

Newcastle are now out-recruiting us. The way things are going next season Newcastle and the Tigers will surpass us with their superior recruitment and we'll be languishing at the bottom of the table with our 16 props and a injury-riddled Foran who's been rubbish all year for the Warriors.

If we had Klemmer and no one else, if we were a club like Souths who need props, then signing Woods would make sense and few would be complaining. But considering we have no fullback, no halves, no strike centres (aside from Brenko who's in reserves) no hooker and very little talent across the board, then people are rightfully pissed off and frustrated.

It's not about Woods. It's about the moronic club we support and the lunatics in charge setting us further behind the pack.

TopDog91

Waterboy
Reaction score
Where is he going to play? Centre? Second row on the edge?

Klemmer doesn't even play prop and he's better than Graham, Tolman and Kasiano. The first two are contracted next year and even if we somehow offload one of them, that still leaves too many props and Klemmer still won't play prop.

The club made a moronic decision to re-sign Hasler and let him make more horrifically idiotic signings like Woods while other clubs sign guys who would have been perfect like Ponga, Watson, Gagai, Tedesco and so on.

Newcastle are now out-recruiting us. The way things are going next season Newcastle and the Tigers will surpass us with their superior recruitment and we'll be languishing at the bottom of the table with our 16 props and a injury-riddled Foran who's been rubbish all year for the Warriors.

If we had Klemmer and no one else, if we were a club like Souths who need props, then signing Woods would make sense and few would be complaining. But considering we have no fullback, no halves, no strike centres (aside from Brenko who's in reserves) no hooker and very little talent across the board, then people are rightfully pissed off and frustrated.

It's not about Woods. It's about the moronic club we support and the lunatics in charge setting us further behind the pack.
I agree that we didn't need the woods signing. Silly when we have all those props like you mention. I'm just saying that I don't understand the hate for him when his performers are actually quite consistent and decent. I'm very furious that we didn't put more effort toward signing Tedesco at the expense of woods. Stupid decisions from Hasler are ruining this club

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Woods should be looked at as a more reliable and consistent swap for Kasiano. I'm sad that big Kas is leaving. But he's proven this year and many times in the past that his moments of brilliance are equally matched by thoughtless moments which can send us backwards. He might learn to control his offloads at Melbourne, but he might also become a nuisance to them when he pops balls that wind up on the ground. Woods will probably provide less game breaking moments both good and bad. Plus he'll offer better defensive mobility and more minutes.

But for those that wasn't to continue throwing shit at every decision the club makes, please disregard the logic in th his line of thought and continue spitting your dummies.

Serpent

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Poor Sharon, shes copping a hiding in this thread LOL.

Reactions: DT

joedog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
If use think use are disapointed this season wait until next season we will be doing the same shit and blew all this money on players that are not gunna help the problems we have so we will look like bigger dickheads thats i what i rekon anyway unless foran for some reason turns back the clock thats our only chance

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
No one backs up because that's how we are coached to play. Same way klem never offloads with us anymore. He is told not to offload.
Remember in 04 where our forwards would just throw the ball back without looking knowing there was always backup?

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
What a time to be a footballer !! Apparently, everyone is getting $1m per season ???
There's no fucken way woods is getting anywhere near $1m and whatever he's getting, will be heavily topped up with 3rd party deals.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
What a time to be a footballer !! Apparently, everyone is getting $1m per season ???
There's no fucken way woods is getting anywhere near $1m and whatever he's getting, will be heavily topped up with 3rd party deals.
He is earning 800k from the cap. I heard it from the guy at woolies.

Doggone1975

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Dogs could of had Gagai & Roberts for the price of Woods!!

What do we currently require? Speed, youth and power or another prop?
Could have?? Many dominoes need to fall in place first. My sex life could of been awesome... Had she been a nymphomaniac

Reactions: DT

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He is earning 800k from the cap. I heard it from the guy at woolies.
The number of guys on our team next year on $1m+, were only gonna be able to field a team of 7.
Jackson
Klemmer
Graham
Foran
Woods
Mbye
Morris

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
The number of guys on our team next year on $1m+, were only gonna be able to field a team of 7.
Jackson
Klemmer
Graham
Foran
Woods
Mbye
Morris
+ Cooper Cronk

Stinky Wizzleteats

Kennel Established
Gilded
Reaction score
No one backs up because that's how we are coached to play. Same way klem never offloads with us anymore. He is told not to offload.
And you look at the last game against the Knights, Tolman offloaded 4 times (?), and no one was expecting it.

Status
Not open for further replies.