Why Turvey deserted the Bulldogs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
The more Turvey and others speak out, the better.

Now that he's been sacked from the board he can speak his mind and rip into the imbeciles ruining the club as much as he wants...
Except if he wants back in it could severly damage his chances, plus he's still a Leagues Club board member.

Dogzof95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If anyone knows what winning is about its Turvey! When you have his rugby league portfolio, it would be silly of anyone not to listen! You want to talk about dynasties, his done it, captained the first winning NSW state of origin, played for his country! The greatest bulldog of all, and legend!

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
People are reading more into this than I think Mortimer had hoped to say. He showed previously that he wants a new coach here. In this instance he left because he was disappointed with our performance. I don't think it implies anything other than that he found it disappointing to see the club he loves not playing well. If he wants to undermine confidence with our front office he's intelligent enough to do it in a more thorough and pointed way.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Every fan is hurting and blind freddy can see hasler is the problem except for our stupid board fucking killing me

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Well, let me put it this way; Steve Mortimer at least attended the game, unlike our board member Mr Dib who decided that now was the right time to go overseas.

Let me also say that he was not the only one who walked out at that time and for the same reason. Many around me also left after the Knights went to the front and these were people who have reserved season tickets; those who sit on the tunnel side of ANZ in the platinum and pedigree platinum seats. This was pretty much the time that a portion of the crowd booed when our ground announcer asked " Bulldogs members and fans let's hear it for your team".....

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
It's not the 1980s anymore

Turvey needs to get used to just being a spectator
It's not 2010 anymore either.... or even 2012. If you have such little regard for the past maybe time to face reality; Des is doing a shitty job at present.

Turvey has never been about bringing the 80s back. Styles of play change and the game evolves, but winning attitude and club culture is valuable...and durable if you keep your legends close to the club. Winning used to be in the woodwork here. We won't find the formula in a stat book.

Last edited:

XR6T

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Im pretty sure its the curtain raiser at belmore oval.....
Yep, it is. 1:45pm at Belmore. Maybe if the ISP boys get a good win they can teach our first grade side a thing or two.
I Really think that since the ISP drawseems to mirror the telstra premiership, they should play a curtain raiser like this for every home team!!
It's not 2010 anymore either.... or even 2012. If you have such little regard for the past maybe time to face reality; Des is doing a shitty job at present.

Turvey has never been about bringing the 80s back. Styles of play change and the game evolves, but winning attitude and club culture is valuable...and durable of you keep your legends close to the club. Winning used to be in the woodwork here. We won't find it in a stat book.
Yeah, winning use to be in the woodwork.
Since Des came over, he lifted his leg and pissed all over that woodwork and the rot is sinking in now.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
We concede more tries from kicks than any other team?
That surprised me as I think our back three are good under the high ball.

Also happy for Steve Mortimer to speak his mind.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Except if he wants back in it could severly damage his chances, plus he's still a Leagues Club board member.
Damage his chances with who? If the right people are forced out, the new regime will welcome him back.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Poor choice of words "deserted".. turvey wouldn't desert the dogs... he like many of our supporters (or the majority) are frustrated with what we have to put up with... and he was simply trying to make a statement..

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Because......like, finals every year......bad spine that is somehow not the coach's fault.....derp, a derp, dumbdumbdumbdumbdumbdumb.
Oh and I forgot.... key signings. He's recruited like an idiot for six years, but of course he's going to recruit our way out of this.

We're "digging up" by persisting with Des.

Shnissss

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
"Hasler believes just one more try per game would make all the difference."

boy o boy
I wonder how many sets of Duracell batteries he pumped through his calculator to come up with that equation!

x-factor

Y.N.W.A
Reaction score
Bellends need to realise that Hasler is the best coach in the league possible for us there's no one better the record speaks for itself I can handle 2 bad years love it or hate it we have 2 more years and trust me it will redemption for Hasler

Kennelnator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bellends need to realise that Hasler is the best coach in the league possible for us there's no one better the record speaks for itself I can handle 2 bad years love it or hate it we have 2 more years and trust me it will redemption for Hasler

Status
Not open for further replies.