Opinion Why Gus signing an experienced half is almost a certain

Bulldogsforlife23

Kennel Established
Reaction score
We need a half back and hooker to complete the roster.
Kyle Flannagan is done, hopefully his dad get a job as head coach somewhere.
1. Mitchel pearce
2. Luke Brooks
3. Ash Tayor

14. Averillo utility
Don’t get started with averillo or any of our half’s

amapusae

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don’t even know how we’re gonna afford the cheese (if the rumours are true and we’re getting him) let alone another half

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’d much prefer ash Taylor. Burton will take a lot of pressure off him and he has been in form lately

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don’t even know how we’re gonna afford the cheese (if the rumours are true and we’re getting him) let alone another half
If we swap Cotric and pay around 150-200K freight it frees up around 450-500K. Sign B.Smith for 800K. If we have around 350K left now including Cotric it's do-able. Shop Flanagan (250K) and Elliott (450K) and that more than pays around 550-600K for Pearce. Leaves some over to go towards Smith also. We still have Waddell and Stimson on the books for next year. Sign that tearaway young Tigers forward Tuifua for close to minimum wage and Elliott isn't needed, nor Flanagan if we have Pearce with BBO as back up (and Averillo)

David holland

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
If we swap Cotric and pay around 150-200K freight it frees up around 450-500K. Sign B.Smith for 800K. If we have around 350K left now including Cotric it's do-able. Shop Flanagan (250K) and Elliott (450K) and that more than pays around 550-600K for Pearce. Leaves some over to go towards Smith also. We still have Waddell and Stimson on the books for next year. Sign that tearaway young Tigers forward for close to minimum wage and Elliott isn't needed, nor Flanagan if we have Pearce with BBO as back up (and Averillo)
Who is the faraway tiger forward

hulk hogan

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I think a Burton-Pearce halves combo would be excellent. I'd take Mitchell Pearce for a max 500-600k a season.

Averillo can play fullback and BBO hooker.
Duffy will be full back Averillo will be on bench if he is lucky

DaBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Duffy will be full back Averillo will be on bench if he is lucky
Matt Dufty will definitely be fullback, if they make the right choice. If not they will play another player out of position. We seem to be great at doing that.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Who is the faraway tiger forward
Mavoni Tuifua - perfect impact player off the bench. Probably minimum wage too. Every team we play the opposition have a hard running big second rower. Yes we'll have TPJ but he needs a backup. We need a back up off the bench

amapusae

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If we swap Cotric and pay around 150-200K freight it frees up around 450-500K. Sign B.Smith for 800K. If we have around 350K left now including Cotric it's do-able. Shop Flanagan (250K) and Elliott (450K) and that more than pays around 550-600K for Pearce. Leaves some over to go towards Smith also. We still have Waddell and Stimson on the books for next year. Sign that tearaway young Tigers forward Tuifua for close to minimum wage and Elliott isn't needed, nor Flanagan if we have Pearce with BBO as back up (and Averillo)
The only person that seems realistic that we would offload right now is flanno tbh, although I’d love to see the back of Elliot. I still have hope for Cotric to come good in a better side, and if he does we would have the best wingers in the comp with him and JAC

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The only person that seems realistic that we would offload right now is flanno tbh, although I’d love to see the back of Elliot. I still have hope for Cotric to come good in a better side, and if he does we would have the best wingers in the comp with him and JAC
No one is touching Cotric even if we throw in $150k

Flanno is on $400k next year. Not $250k

No one is paying $450k for Elliott

Storm are not releasing Smith

Knights are not releasing Pearce

I love Brads passion but it’s not a video game.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Mavoni Tuifua - perfect impact player off the bench. Probably minimum wage too. Every team we play the opposition have a hard running big second rower. Yes we'll have TPJ but he needs a backup. We need a back up off the bench
I asked a Tigers player and he lol'ed when I asked about him. Doesn't sound like he's any good or worth the hassle.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I asked a Tigers player and he lol'ed when I asked about him. Doesn't sound like he's any good or worth the hassle.
I read he won one of their junior player of the year awards. I don't know if true of course but he looks like he runs hard, tackles hard and goes alright including against one of our Dogs teams. It would be good to have one of these young guys who try to run through brick walls. They have no fear when young. Someone on here said that's exactly why Bennett likes signing young forwards - no fear. He couldn't be any worse than Ogden. He's like Ogden on steroids. Couldn't be any worse than Napa, Elliott, Waddell or Stimson off the bench either.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Why don't we just swap Smith for a international / Origin centre? Will Hopoate?